Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

That’s really good news jadeel, bet your over the moon. 

• Options

Ah fab news jade!! I bet that's a huge weight off your mind. You can relax and get excited now. 

Ah thanks re primarK. I feel like I still need to get so much stuff. i have all the main stuff now  it's just all the bits  but I'm sure  I'll be fine.

ive had braxton hicks but it just feela like your belly is going rock hard and tight. They haven't been painful  

going to the hospital next week for a tour of maternity unit. They are having an open morning, which is great timing. 34 weeks today 😃

• Options

• Options

Totally over the moon!! thanks ladies can’t wait to see him tomorrow. I had mu final hypnobirthing class scheduled today but she was happy to rearrange it for during the week so he can come and is even happy to recap for him, so I’m so happy about that, really has been invaluable having her come and teach me.  

Yes I bought quite a few things from primark actually. A couple of loose lounge pants for hospital/coming home, a cheap sports bra for the water if i use the pool, button down night shirt for after i have the baby- I thought it would be good for the hospital and one for home. Black cheap knickers I can bin afterwards & a black towel as all mine are white and I thought I don’t want to ruin mine at the hospital, so got a cheap black one as the hospital ones in my experience as an inpatient are so scratchy. I also bought some maternity& breast pads from boots, and some toiletries ect 

Im feeling quite prepared... all I have left to get is my breastpump, sterilizer, my changing bag(want the storksak/Bugaboo one), swing/chair (wanted to get the 4moms one but it’s over £200 so thinking of holding off until hes here and trying to get him to test it out at the shop before I purchase 😂)...might get a cheaper one for now but not sure what one, a high sided changing mat & the angelcare nappy bin and either a ewan the sheep or whisbear 🐻 

• Options

Cute bump WLJ!! Heres me today 

• Options

Fab news Jadeel.  Love the cellular blanket might even get one in same colour. 

I am an online shopper but would have loved to see what primark had to offer for my hospital bag. 

i found a website called 

https://www.happymamaboutique.co.uk/

They had fab nursing night wear and PJ's. For my first I got the mother care ones set of 2 night gown but colours available boring and limited. 

• Options

Thanks Fludu, I got it from here https://www.mamadesigns.co.uk/ I really like it... also have a nice one from mamas and papas.

I'll have a look at that site now! I am on the look out for nursing tops x

• Options

Great news Jade. Bumps look great ladies, it's crazy how close we are now! I'm hoping to go to a midwife birthing centre, so if everything stays low risk I will do the tour at 36/7 weeks.

I've managed to do all of my baby washing, have got a hospital bag sort of ready (some things are packed.....some things not even got yet 😂)

Primark have some cheap maternity bras as well as just everything else, but I don't have one that close by so have grabbed things from Matalan, asda, and places. I too have stocked up on black throw away pants! 

I have Braxton hicks if I do a lot of walking, but also baby is very high so sometimes the top is quite solid just from being right under my ribs!

• Options

Thanks Joojoo, v impressed with you having done all your washing. My husband arrived back now so I have to do his mountain of actual washing first before I can move into the babys things! not complaining though :)

I had a scan today as ended up going into triage due to reduced movement- again! Everything looks normal so the conclusion is that baby has become lazy, it’s so hard to tell if everything is ok or not now that they’ve said he is just lazy. How do I know if he’s reduced or just having a lazy day?? They did a scan and he is weighing an estimated 6lbs5oz now, which I find amazing as thats a lot! Also his head was measuring 39 weeks lol how big will it be when I have to deliver him 😅😳

• Options

For your sake jade hopefully no bigger! 🤣 eek!

• Options

😂😂😂😱😱😱 lol xx

• Options

Jade, with regards to your question, if you ever notice a change in his movements phone triage please. Even if it is just them having a 'lazy day', you don't and won't know that until that monitor is on. Please, everyone, never leave it. 

As for his size, wow, well done you at growing a baby!! How many weeks are you now? 

I'm due my next growth scan on Wednesday alongside my consultant appointment. He was fairly big at 32 weeks (4lb7oz at 32+2), so we shall see how big he is measuring now! 

• Options

Yes I will as how can I know if he is being lazy or if there is another reason for the change in movement...it’s hard being pregnant it’s full of so much worry isn’t it! 

I had my consultant appointment last week and she said as far as a birth centre delivery she sees no problem and happy for me to do that, and everything else seems normal so that was good. She said I can see the midwives at 36&38 weeks and to come back and see her at 40 weeks if I haven’t delivered.

im 35+3 today, will be 36 weeks on Friday.

oh im excited to know how big he will be Karen :) me and my baby both have a big head haha x

• Options

Had my online baby shower yesterday! It's amazing to see how many people went to my mother's house even though I could only be there via Skype :) He now has almost everything he needs for when hes born! Just have to put everything together.

Next midwife appointment is tomorrow. I'm going to ask her if I need to contact the hospital about anything because so far I've never been to it :( All of you are talking about these scans I've never even heard of lol I need to get on top of things!

• Options

Good idea to ask your midwife. But I know standard pregnancy you only get 2 scans - 1 during first trimester, 1 during second trimester. I think you only get any extra scans if you are high risk or there is a potential issue. 

35 weeks exactly today :) 

• Options

Yeah usually only 2 scans except there are issues.

@Jade wow for size I guess no newborn clothers for you might not fit. Hopefully won't be too big for normal delivery in subsequent scans although these are usually estimates

I can't believe missed by 34 weeks appt thought I had a long time to sort. I m due to be reviewed again at 36 weeks which is next week 

now it is getting close feel not ready and loads to do with preparing baby stuff, house etc

i m also feeling fatigue especially at work so might use some of my annual leave to finish earlier.

how are you all coping with work? I also have an active 18 month old boy 

• Options

Mochi, we've never heard of an online baby shower - won't you tell us more? 
    fludu, how is your lovely boy Tim?

• Options

34 weeks today! Hopefully I won't run into any complications then, thank you for letting me know :)

• Options

Of course! My mom put it together. She sent over decorations that matches the ones she had over in America. His family were over at our house and my family was at my mother's. She sent over games along with the decorations so we were all able to play. Food was mostly the same as well :) it couldn't have been more fun! I just wish we could have all been together. It was also the first time his mother and mine actually spoke to each other. All the gifts were sent via Amazon baby registry which was super convenient!

Technology today truely is amazing :) He's loved from both sides of the world!

• Options

Mochi, that sounds so incredible - your mums sounds amazing - that is just the loveliest thing!