Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Cool Mochi it looks great! 

• Options

All sounds great ladies. I've gone for the silver cross surf 3 so that has the simplicity car seat and going to get the ISO fix base too. 

Ive packed 4 size NB vests and grows and 4 up to 1 month. Hats and mitts too. I've no idea what size the baby will be, so I figured that was on the safe side. My crib arrived today. So exciting. It's perfect. 

In my relaxation class tonight they mentioned about new research at proves a lower rate of still births if you always fall asleep on your left. I always do, but just in case some of you aren't, it's worth knowing about x

• Options

I can't wait to start packing! I just need to make sure I have everything I need to take which I'm still a little confused about since I know more about American hospitals than I do UK.

I ALWAYS sleep on my left side. I think I started doing that because I was told it would prevent heartburn which so far it has. Good to know it may be effective in other ways as well :) I couldn't lay on my back even if I wanted to! Feels like someone is sitting on top of me.

• Options

Maybe TMI.  

Is anyone struggling to eat more than a few mouthfuls at once? I’ve just had tea and could only eat a sausage and 1 egg halfway through I had to run to the bathroomwith stomach ache And empty my bowelS not very loose but not solid or normal for me. This stomach ache is usually joinde with a Braxton-Hick of which I’m getting more ofteN through the day.  Its been happening every time I eat for the past week. I thought it was a bug but now I’m not so sure. 

• Options

The NCT class is right baby gets best blood flow when you lie on your left and a plus helps with heartburn due to the position of food pipe and heart

I tend to start on my left and wake up either on my back or right etc. lying on your back not recommended especially in the third trimester. Sometimes OH checks on me and gets me to turn ;-)

@chantellebd it sounds like a combination of indigestion and constipation. I am having similar had to skip tea tonight. I have been having for over a week. I get relieved when I go to the toilet but feel need to go again.I had similar in my first pregnancy.

I haven't packed my bag but getting things I would need to be sorted now 

• Options

Chantelle maybe give your midwife a call, if it’s loose it could be a sign of labour approaching as I’ve been told it’s common for you to have loose bowels before you go into labour. If you feel like it’s not right deep down better to get it checked out, only you know what is normal for you. How many weeks are you now hun?

I think the fullness is normal, I guess our stomachs much be getting very squished by the babies these days! Once they drop it’s supposed to feel better and easier to eat/breath.

• Options

I’m 33 weeks. I can’t have the baby yet. Firstly we’re not ready yet. Secondly my work are banking in me not leaving for another two weeks at least. All the bosses are on holiday so I’m the most senior member of staff in for the next two week. 😳 I’ve got to get through till mid Oct.  thirdly. Baby was Breech at the scan yesterday And not engaged at all. hmmmmmm.    

• Options

Chantelle it will be just to Do with the extra strain on our digestive systems. You've got to think how little room there is in there now. I've been similar with eating small amounts, then burping and nearly being sick. It's just all so cramped in there. My stools have been loose some days and normal others and I've been having bra hicks quite regular and also the head is down and having nerve pains like the head is getting lower. I'm not worried at all. So I'd say try not to worry but if you are, just call your midwife for piece of mind. Xx

• Options

ok hun. I’m sure all is fine but if your concerned about it as WLJ said give the midwife a call for peace of mind, you know what’s normal for your body listen to your instincts. It’s best to feel reassured rather than worried. Sorry didn’t mean to alarm you just wanted to say as I didn’t realise it could be a sign when the time comes xx

• Options

I haven't had any Braxton hicks but I struggle to eat a full meal most of the time. I was told it's because our stomach can't fill up as much as it used to so it's best to eat small meals throughout the day instead like Jade and WLJ said before me.

I've also had some constipation with loose stools which is also common. I also had a friend who's morning sickness came back near the end of her pregnancy so you may be  starting to experience that as well.

• Options

I'm on iron tablets, and they play havoc with my bowels!! People say they cause constipation, but with me they just affect me really badly. 

As for Braxton hicks - I wake up every morning with cramping, and then my daughter wants feeding. Breastfeeding whilst in the third trimester actually causes lots of 'contractions', so that's interesting! I guess my body is just doing what it thinks it should haha. 

(Isn't pregnancy just so glamerous?!) 

• Options

Haha yes Karen pregnancy is oh so glam!! 🤰🏼💁🏼

Just finished my third Hypnobirthing session today at home, I love the lady that comes to do the sessions she leaves me feeling so relaxed and sleepy. I have one more session next week and that’s it, should be good to go for the big day. 

Xx

• Options

Pregñancy is wonderfully glamorous😂🤣😂

most of you won’t know but I work In a private day Nursery as deputy manager,  ive been approached by Leeds NHS teaching hospital to take part in a two year study on child development where the student comes into our home for an hour once a week for 2 years. you do get a full detailed report at the end of the 2 years, I’m not sure if I should agree to it or not. The first observation would be within 3 week of birth.  would you do it?

• Options

I personally wouldn't because my husband and I are private people. We are nervous about the home visit in October 😅 Maybe if it was once a month but once a week sounds a bit too much for myself and the child especially if that hour is when he decides he doesn't want people around and just throws a fit.

• Options

@chantellebd I m fanilar with the study and have been a part of similar as a student in newcastle. They hardly spend an hour except the first visit or if you have a lot of update to share. Your in control of the timings as it is your home and child. data is anonymous they will ask for consent to use at the teaching sessions. you can opt out at any point if not comfortable but the decision to join is still yours. 

persobslly will go for it 

• Options

it really does depend on you hun, everyone is different. If you don’t mind having someone there for an hour every week then go for it. Personally I probably wouldn’t as it’s not something I’d be comfortable with, but it really is down to how It makes you feel. It would be great for them, you’d be doing something very helpful and would get info on your childs development which would be so interesting to know about.

• Options

i m usually up for gliving students opportunity to learn however had a horrible experience with student midwife had bad tear stitches had to be removed and redone by a Dr wasn't dond properly also infected. I also had heavy bleeding which the medics found was because I still had some placenta fragments left in. Anyway would never consent to having one again. 

• Options

thanks guys.  I’ve invited her ro7nd for a coffee and a chat to just find out more. I figured finding out more can’t hurt. I can meet the student and say no if I don’t like her or don’t feel happy with the whole thing. 

Whats everyone one getting to keep the baby warm when out and about? Snow suit/pram suit blankets pram cover carditems. I don’t want to fry baby but I don’t want them to freeze. 

• Options

That all research sounds intriguing to me. And would probably be something I would consider, given the option. It's just the commitment that is a bit awkward. Are you committed to absolutely every week? Other than that, it sounds pretty interesting :)

As for keeping baby warm - we aren't getting a double pushchair. So have got a couple of thicker babygrows, but will babywear him most the time, which should keep him warm enough. We may get a couple of snow suits as well though, but probably when he is here. 

• Options

Yeah I've just got a couple of pram suits for when outside. Then blankets for when i take that off inside etc. I've got a cute bobble hat too. 

Omg I have the worst pubic symposi pain. I literally can hardly walk. on a nice note, baby is kicking so much this week. Right wriggler in there. 

Chantelle that does sound interesting but I know I couldn't do that every week as I I hate people being around if I know when, let alone a stranger. But I suppose you will get to know them. X