Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2018

Replies

• Options

Hi all,

Sorry haven't been posting, feeling a bit scatterbrained. Otherwise feeling good though not a lot of energy.

No luck with names, though haven't done any more effort either. The plan is to have a list and see when the baby comes. 

I have a scan on Fri and I'm excited about that. This was scheduled because of my low Papp-A to see how the baby is growing. I had a check with the midwife last week, and my tummy measured 28cm at 28 weeks, right on point, and everything else was fine, so I'm not worried, I'd like to see her kicking a lot so I can correlate what I feel with what she's doing.

She is kicking a lot, my tummy shakes, and it's a bit scary sometimes, as she kicks fast many times in a row, like someone impatient knocking on a door. Sometimes she kicks both on the left and right at the same time, one of my sis told me she probably kicks with both head and feet at the same time. Other times the movements/small kicks feel almost ticklish and I wonder if these are her hands.

I should get on to writing my birth plan and preparing the maternity bag, but I feel too spaced out, need to do it in the next 2 weeks though, just in case she arrives early.

I've been doing some yoga and it's easy and relaxing, can't believe how much my muscles tense up, specially neck and shoulders.

Hope you're all well and getting some relief after the temperature dropped, I know I'm feeling so much better.

• Options

Glad to hear you and your girl are doing okay Christina. I also have a scan next week but unfortunately things are not looking as good for me. Currently only measuring 24cm at 28 weeks so im very concerned. I really hope the baby hasnt stopped growing and have no idea what it means if he has. The midwife didnt really say much in this respect.😟

• Options

Hi Sky,

From what I know these measurements are not an exact science, and I think it's unusual to measure exactly as the number of weeks, my midwife was very surprised I did.

Is the baby still kicking as before? If not then call 111 or the 24/7 maternity line and you will be seen at any hour and have a scan right then (I'd do that anyway just for peace of mind to get the scan faster).

I'm sure the midwife checked the heartbeat too and I suppose it was fine otherwise you have been referred immediately, so that's another good thing.

There's a big range if you look on the growth chart as to how much the baby can grow and still be in the expected range also.

Good luck with the scan x

• Options

Back from scan. Baby is around the 25th percentile so we were just sent away and everything appears to be okay. Ive never felt stress like the last week and am so relieved. I can't wait to meet him now and give him the biggest cuddle. 

Hope everyone else is doing okay. 

• Options

Great news, Sky! Not many weeks left, countdown has started! 

I feel the opposite though, I feel like I can wait! :D getting a bit anxious about labour... 

• Options

Sky that’s great news! I’ve been off the radar on here but following everyone’s updates. That’s me now 28w 5d today.  Baby movement is a lot more prominent now and my belly button hmmmm non existent but I don’t want it to pop out 🤣

i had a growth scan on Friday everything was normal baby is approx 2lb 8oz just now sitting on the top line of the scale so bang on target (although target for a large baby lol)

im excited and scared all at the same time. although i see all the changes in my body I don’t think it’s sunk in that I’m actually having a baby lol I know sounds crazy I’m just so focused on the practical side just now of getting everything bought and organised!

anyway just thought I’d give an update and say hello to all you yummy mummies :-( have a great day xx

• Options

Hello ladies been very quiet sorry!

loved reading your updates here’s my gorgeous girl cooking lovely xxximage

• Options

Awww cute Lauren my wee princess looked like a ninja turtle on Friday lolimage

• Options

Hello all :-)

I haven't posted in a while - I hope you are all getting on ok! I am doing well, just back and rib pain in the afternoons - doesn't help that I have a 4 hour commute a day! Trying to work from home a bit more!

If you haven't already, I really recommend the 4D baby bond scans. My partner really didn't want to go, but we had ours Saturday and it's honestly the most amazing experience to date! We are still beaming from ear to ear! The songrapher said in her 25 years of experience she has never seen a baby girls bits so clearly haha!

Looks like I will be having a C-Section as I have Extreme Placenta Preavia, which means my placenta has completely attached itself over the cervix. We get our C-Section date on 12th October but it looks like we will be meeting our baby girl earlier than expected! So excited! I just find it absolutely CRAZY how medical technology has developed! Years ago the condition would have never been picked up and mum and baby would have most probably died from this! Absolutely amazing how lucky we are! 

Does anyone know of any C-Section support groups? I suffer from anxiety disorder so would like to be best prepared mentally as possible!

Thanks all and good luck in your third trimester!! xx

• Options

Oh my goodness, Charlieg, how exciting!! It would be lovely to know exactly when baby is going to arrive.

Is anyone else feeling exhausted at the moment? I'm finding it hard to keep my eyes open by mid afternoon!

• Options

Hey girls just wanted to ask has anyone experienced pre eclapisma? I’ve started to notice I’ve got symptoms of it and getting worried 

thanks! 

• Options

Charlieg13, we've dropped you a PM - please do look out for it. 
    Katiematey12, do you have a midwife appointment soon - if not, you might want to give them a call and have a chat about your symptoms - what are they? 

GH29 - do you work or are you still at work? Anyone going on maternity leave soon? 

• Options

I'm still working full time but maternity leave starts on 11th October. I'm counting the days!

• Options

GH29, those last few weeks can be so shattering - are you collapsing on the sofa soon as you get home? 

• Options

Maternity leave starts 26th September. Saved up some holiday so I can take a bit longer off work 😊 I agree that it is very tiring. 

Started antenatal classes last night. Feel like I might strangle half the people in the class and wish I booked in an area with less stuck up people 🙈 oh well. 

I agree that you should contact your midwife about pre eclampsia symptoms Katie.

• Options

Oh yea, straight to the sofa until bedtime when I need to be shoehorned off by hubby.

How was the first antenatal class Sky123? My first is 2nd October.

Has anyone been on the labour ward tour at their hospital yet? I was told just to turn up for one of the tours (they're every Tuesday) but don't want to go too early.

• Options

GH29, I did think the midwide running the class was very good but the other mums seem abit uptight but im notoriously bad at first impressions and im sure they are lovely. We have another on saturday which is the labour one and im slightly terrified to learn all the details! 

• Options

I’ve a hospital appointment tomorrow so going to say to them about what I see happening my ankles randomly swell I’ve really bad Heart burn to the point I’m near sick I’ve a pain at my lower left side my right rib is sore and my blood pressuee seems to go up and down. 

My mat leave starts on the 15th October counting the days!!! Xx

• Options

Hi everyone, it's been a while and we wanted to check in and see how the third trimester is treating you?

We haven't done a due date/sex list for ages so thought now might be a good time?
    This is what we have but we know there quite a few new peeps, so please do add yourself.

CristinaNov18 – 2 Nov – girl
    GH29 – 8 Nov -  boy
    Sky123 – 8 Nov- boy
    Kaya1312 – 9 Nov - Pink!
    LoveElmo – 13 Nov - Pink!
    zgab16 - 13 Nov - blue 
    Everness – 19 Nov -  girl
    Erithiel – 24 Nov – Yellow
    Bex94 – ?? Nov – blue
    Katiematey12 - ?? Nov

• Options

I’m actually due 30th October but I’ve stuck with this group as early scan due date was November. Team yellow 💛