Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in November 2019

Replies

• Options
    Hey Allie nice to hear from you, iv only just started to feel better with the sickness so now I’m panicking that I’m not being sick anymore 🙈 swings and roundabouts lol so glad everything is well with you! When I had my scan last Monday she said I measured 6wk so I too will be 7+1 today but I’m still going from my own dates until I see what happens at 12wks as she said it could change as it can be hard to get correct measures with baby being so small xxx 
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM please could you remove me from this thread?

We unfortunately lost our baby on Monday at 7 weeks. I’m devastated.

Wishing everyone else all the best!! To all you first time mums... Being a mum is honestly the best thing in the world, you are all going to smash it and adore it!! Cherish every single second Xxx
  • Options
    Tutu Rose, so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you have lots of support and get your rainbow in the not too distant future xx

Hi Allie, sorry to hear about your sickness, I had HG last time around and ended up on Ondansetron and Cyclizine. I hope it isn't the case for you, but if the tablets stop working go back and ask for something different defo! I'm just waiting on it kicking in and have asked if I can take my leftovers from last time if I need to 😂. 

I've said it before but I don't really trust the NHS dates - I ended up going into labour 'a week late' but on the date I thought I was due. 
  • Options
    I've dropped you a PM TutuRose and turned off your notifications. So very sorry to hear your news x

• Options
    Tuturose I am so so sorry. Take care of yourself 
    Almarie lovely to hear from you! Like Loz said I really wouldn't pay attention to dates yet. I was slightly behind but apparently it's so common as its incredibly hard to get an accurate size as they are so little! So I'm waiting until my dating scan to see! Sorry you have been feeling so awful. 
    Evelyn I agree with you as well! I feel ovulation so I can defo pin point the day or day after it happened! X
  • Options
    Hello everyone! 

Just wanted to jump on in and introduce myself. I’m Caroline, already mum to two crazy boys (10&9) and found out we are expecting number 3 yesterday. This will be my husbands first baby so he is very excited!! We have been trying for 5 months. 

Im currently 5+5 and am still trying to process everything. I don’t think it’s sunk in yet! Feeling a bit nervous as I’m quite a bit older than I was when I had my two boys - I am 36 now and we obviously have a big gap so I think this is going to feel like having my first again! Very excited though and impatient for things to get moving! Due date works out about 21 Nov at the moment. 

I look forward to charting with you all and sharing sharing the experience! 
  • Options
    @TutuRose so very sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself and we are all here if you need us.

I had to go for a scan today. Was stood too long in theatre and almost collapsed and just felt generally rubbish. Luckily I was working with the gynaecology team and the consultant took me straight for a scan. 
    She was happy with everything and could see a strong heartbeat. She also said there was still some blood in my uterus but nothing to be concerned about. So that a huge weight off my shoulders now.
    I just think I'm coming down with something now as I feel like I've been hit by a bus 😩😥.
    Hope you are all ok?
    Xxx
  • Options
    P.s the consultant said I was around 7 weeks but my last period was 1st Feb which was 7 weeks ago on Friday 🙈🤦‍♀️ so now I'm confused! 
    See what they have to say at 12 week scan lol!
    Xxxx
  • Options
    Welcome @LadyF-B and huge congratulations. Lovely to have you here! 

• Options
    Welcome ladyfb! Lovely to have you here! Love that we all have each other on this chat! How are you feeling?
    Suzie oh wow sounds like a mad day for you! So amazing you have had a scan though! Very reassuring! Dont worry about dates, I'm sure they will change slightly xx
  • Options
    Thanks @Char09! I’m feeling ok thanks, had a few symptoms the last week or so but since taking my test typically I’m not feeling much 🙈 I’ve had a little cramping and have sore boobs. Bit of mild nausea but nothing major. I didn’t have morning sickness with my other two so it will be interesting to see if I get any this time. 

When ahve you all got booking appoointemnts for? Not sure when to contact the midwife really (ironic given I’m a qualified midwife 😂)
  • Options
    Awesome :) sounds like how I had been feeling! 
    I had mine last week at 7 weeks! Now just waiting for a scan date! Oh wow that's awesome! We can all have our own personal midwife now then Haha 🙈xx
  • Options
    Hello all :-) I feel like I’m really behind on this board ! It’s lovely to see some of your scans. Welcome to anyone new joining also :-) I’m 6 weeks tomorrow, I feel like I have permanent jet lag haha. I get home from work, have dinner and find myself toodling off to bed at 8.30/9.00! I felt a bit sicky lastnight but I think I over indulged on a big meal! At work I snack every couple of hours and that seems to keep any nausea at bay. Apart from that I feel good, it’s just the tiredness. I’m usually a night owl but I am enjoying this extra sleep. I’m really bloated still, my boobs are sore sometimes but its not all the time. My first midwife appt is in 4 weeks time (10 week mark). How are you other ladies feeling? Xxx
  • Options
    Haha @Char09 happy to help when I can! 😂

hello @MrsG101, I have only just joined today after finding out I was pg yesterday and am similar to you....I’m 6 weeks on Thursday. I’m also shattered, I could quite easily have gone off to bed at 5pm today!! 
  • Options
    Can I just check that everyone else has a pair of "fat jeans" ? 😂 Lol i feel seriously bloated so I had to come home at lunch and change. 
  • Options
    @LadyF-B Congratulations :-)! It’s crazy isn’t it, I look forward to going to bed all day haha. 

@Bluehawaii90 Oh my god yes! I only have one pair of jeans that fit me now, I kid you now, I think to myself that’s impossible but it’s all bloat. I’ve been wearing oversized waterfall style jackets with trousers at work to try and disguise. Soon as I’m home, it’s straight into comfy joggers! 
  • Options
    edited Mar 26, 2019 9:32PM
    Welcome @LadyF-B! I bet your husband is so excited. 

@Bluehawaii90 I only put my jeans back on about 8 weeks ago and already I'm back down to 1 pair I'm so bloated. Today some little monkey decided to rub biscuit all over them so I'm back living between leggings and pj's mainly 😂. 

Is it true you show quicker second time around? I'm a bit bigger (also know as I'm pretty fat) so hopefully I won't look too prego too fast as I'm not planning to tell work for a little while. I feel it would be cheeky walking back in from mat leave with the begginings of another bump already showing. I was high risk last time due to weight and a previous loss but I've gotten down about 2 and a bit stone so hopefully they won't do all the extra tests this time 🤞. 
  • Options
    I've heard it's true and I feel more bloated than last time and I found out about the same time with my daughter. I guess we will find out 🤣

I've just got down to a 14 from a tight 16, I've also just bought a new coat, so I guess my new stuff will have to wait🙄 did you have to have the glucose test where you drink the lucozade? With any luck I'll get away with it as I'm 1.5 stone lighter than before i had a baby. I don't do needles. I had forceps and an episiotomy with only gas an air but I swear having a needle put into my hand was the worst part of child birth 🤢🤮
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 yeah I had the glucose test but lucozade doesn't have enough sugar now so it was a horrible thick orange drink. Hopefully not this time. I also had extra scans which was nice to see baby but just extra time off work. I don't mind needles but they weren't getting one near my spine and my blood is impossible to draw so I was like a pin cushion. I stuck to gas and air too so hoping I'll be about the same this time. Evie was 9lb7 and back to back so a slightly smaller baby this time would be great, but can't see it! 
  • Options
    What’s the lucozade test? I haven’t weighed myself since my BFP but reckon my clothes are getting tighter. I’m avoiding jeans at he moment anyway as I’m having pains quite regularly and don’t want to squash my uterus even more.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions