Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    Still home and contractions have eased off a little after the bath. She said when they get to 5 to 3 minutes, or my waters go, or they get significantly worse then just to sit it out as long as I can at home. My gran is staying tonight and most likely tomorrow night too so that takes the stress of what to do with a sleepy two year old at 2am. 

Just going to try and get some sleep and see what happens! 
  • Options
    Ah okay! I wonder if they’ll pick up again during the night. Fingers crossed for you. How exciting... I’m defo ready to have the baby now. These last two weeks are dragging so badly x 
  • Options
    38+2 appointment with midwife today. Let’s see if baba is likely to make an appearance in the next 2 weeks!!
    so frustrating as a couple of friends due after me have already had their babies...I just want mine now! 
  • Options
    Hey everyone, we hope you'e all doing well. 
    Just to let you know we'll create you all a new November 2019 Babies thread soon, once all the babies are here.
    @Bluehawaii90 how you doing this morning? 
  • Options
    LivyLouby said:
    38+2 appointment with midwife today. Let’s see if baba is likely to make an appearance in the next 2 weeks!!
    so frustrating as a couple of friends due after me have already had their babies...I just want mine now! 
    One of the girls I know has had hers too! She was due on the 30th. Mine is definitely going to be a December baby I think 
  • Options
    @LivyLouby @Lpop I know the feeling. I just want baby out now! 38+1 and no more appointments til my sweep now.

I woke up several times through the night with cramp and there was defo a wee bit of my plug when I went to the loo but I think the cramp was because I ate spicy noodles at lunch sadly rather than the baby :(
  • Options
    Still hanging in here, just on the way to my scan then to see a consultant afterwards to figure out if baby is being evicted or allowed to take his time...

Not having regular pains like last night, had a few over night and even put towels down on the bed just in case my waters went.
  • Options
    @LivyLouby @Lpop I know the feeling. I just want baby out now! 38+1 and no more appointments til my sweep now.

I woke up several times through the night with cramp and there was defo a wee bit of my plug when I went to the loo but I think the cramp was because I ate spicy noodles at lunch sadly rather than the baby :(
    I think I lost 70% of my plug on Saturday and lost the other 30% gradually. I got very excited thinking Saturday could be the day.... then had major cramps so got even more excited (but that was from my dinner) and now I’m just back to waiting with absolutely no sign of baby! :( 
  • Options
    So baby is all fine with movements and heart rate. They have moved to LOA which is better and are now enganged ! 😁 however, I was measuring the same as 2 weeks ago so got to go for a scan in the next couple of days to double check everything. At least I get to see my baba again ☺️ Bloods taken too as I was a bit breathless and she wants to double check my iron levels. Fingers crossed something happens sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    Baby still measuring large for dates, estimated 8lb 3oz at "37+3". They won't listen to me about being a week further on, they are insisting they are right lol anyway, they're inducing me on Sunday 24th if he doesn't come first. I was able to catch a glimpse of his face, but not long enough for a picture. 

Last night was clearly a one off, they checked my cervix and said it was still high, he is apparently not engaged yet either. Just the usual advice to keep an eye and report anything. 

The fricken consultant though... She started to explain at length about the risk of shoulder dystocia which is where the shoulder tries to come out first. I started to get worried, so I said "is that going to happen in our case?" She said "No, it just happens in 1% of births where the baby is measuring large". I nearly punched her, why would even mention it at this stage? Fed up beyond belief. 
  • Options
    Midwife said to expect a call from hospital to arrange scan this afternoon so I’ve been sat in the front room all day, as our signal is terrible everywhere else, worried I’d miss the call. Still no call! 
  • Options
    Seems I only have pains on an evening I’m fine throughout the day, just been to the loo and had some mucus plug (i think) on my liner, it was like what I had at the start of last month but not as much x 
  • Options
    Oh Loz 🙈 I’m a bit fed up today girls and woke in a bad mood! I feel awful for feeling this way.

I’m also getting constant messages asking if there is any sign yet - noooo no signs yet 🙈🙈

I’m also not looking forward to being induced if I have to be, from what I can read it means you dont go on the MLU 😕
  • Options
    Oh girls, I'm really feeling for you, those last few days and weeks can be so intense, you just want baby here already. I really do remember it well. 

Like you @Bluehawaii90 I was convinced my due date was wrong, as i knew exactly when conception happened, and working it out from there, although my baby was officially 10 days late, I was sure she was bang on time. 

So, we thought it was time to kick this off: Welcome to November 2019 Babies thread. Please do come on over and bookmark the thread by clicking the green star next to the thread title. We will eventually close this thread once all the babies are here, but feel free to post here, over there, no rules or anything - as you like! 
  • Options
    Definitely mucus plug had a lot more since, triage said to keep an eye incase it turns to my waters, Iv been getting those messages for about 3wks now 😩 even though everyone said they wouldn’t they still do! It’s like you would know if I had any signs as I would tell you! 
    What’s MLU @Witmore26? I don’t want to be induced or have another sweep Friday hoping this mucus is the start x
  • Options
    Thats what I said - as if I’m not going to say anything 😂
    Midwifery Led Unit - a more relaxed atmosphere (Newcross where I am going is meant to be like a hotel) and husbands/partners can stay all the time whereas on delivery they have visiting hours. 
  • Options
    Oh right, because I’m being induced on Saturday I have to go to the delivery ward. No way is my partner leaving me I don’t care how long it takes they can get stuffed x
  • Options
    The visiting hours for us is 8am to 9pm but says when things progress they will call them back if its outside of these hours. Just makes life a bit more awkward as my husband doesnt drive 😕 I really hope she comes before Saturday for you!
  • Options
    Yeah I'm a bit gutted about that. I was down for when they call a sanctuary birth which sounds similar to the midwife led. They let hubby stay over last time and I'll be gutted if they don't let him do the same this time. I'm really having second thoughts about the induction now. It's another week away but I read the leaflet last night which just stressed me out and upset me. While it will be easier for childcare etc, it says they'll probably send me home after the pessary is in for it to work :-( it will be bad enough saying goodbye to my little one the first time around, I don't want to have to do it again. 

Ladies who keep losing parts of the plug...is it mixed with loads of wet clearish discharge too? Sorry to ask. I keep feeling this weird sensation and running to the loo, wiping and there's this little greenish tinged bogey consistency patches 🤮 seriously sorry for asking lol
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 that's what ive been having but starting to doubt myself if it's actually my plug.

@Witmore26 I don't think there's any MLU in my area. They've said as soon as I'm in established labour they won't make dad leave but if I end up induced they'll send him away unless they've broken my waters as that's when I'd be put into my own room. Our dads visiting once you go from delivery to postnatal ward is 8am til 11pm and everyone else is 10am until 8pm. Last time though I kept sending him home earlier though for food/sleep/shower as he was doing my head in and I selfishly wanted time with her myself.