Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    I just have visions of phoning in the morning for a time to go in and them saying there to busy and postpone another day, does anyone know if they can do that when il be 12 days over x
  • Options
    @Loz27 @Lpop are your palpitations like one big beat that you notice or fast beats or something else? I keep getting one big noticeable beat, almost like skipping a beat. It's not as bad as it was in July, but I often have it when I sit down quickly. 

I'm not overdue until December and I'm already fed up too lol I think Hubby is fed up of me going on too, I'm having second thoughts about the induction like I said, he says one minute I say how rough I'm feeling and how I just want to have the baby and then the next minute I'm complaining they have booked me in!

In other news we have lost my blu ray of Pretty Woman. How does a dvd just up and f off ? Lmao 
  • Options

In other news we have lost my blu ray of Pretty Woman. How does a dvd just up and f off ? Lmao 
    ^^^^ Highlight of my day Blue, unless one of you has a baby 😉
    Have to say, Pretty Woman (former fave movie ever) was ruined for me by having to watch it in A&E, on a big screen, while i was there with my dad a while back. That sex scene was super awkward in a waiting room of broken people. 
  • Options
    😂😂😂 why were they even showing it? Usually the only entertainment in our hospital is counting the amount of drunks that deem it fit to kick off at the reception staff and then walk out after kicking something. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 mine have mostly been skipping one big beat, although I have had a couple where they’ve been more racy for 5 mins or so and I’ve been short of breath. X 
  • Options
    So I had my first sweep this afternoon! Midwife said my cervix was doing its thing and coming forward and thinning out, she said it was at about 2cm. She gave it a good stretch she said 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Mine have been quite fact making me abit breathless, 
    @Witmore26 I’m just waiting for my second one now 😩
  • Options
    How did you get on @Loz27?
  • Options
    awful same as the first time 😩 the hospital called me to go in for 8.30 in the morning, they are going to put the catheter balloon in me and send me home x
  • Options
    😞
    best of luck - keep us updated!x 
  • Options
    Having pains every half hour I don’t know what contractions feel like but I don’t think it’s that as it’s not badly painful just really uncomfortable x 
  • Options
    @Loz27 fingers crossed for you!

We took the little one to the Christmas light switch on at the zoo tonight. I was hoping all the walking might start something but I'm just tired now 😂. Worth every penny though as she had a ball!

• Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 awww she looks as snug as a bug!

now sorry if TMI but I have been having brown discharge since my sweep earlier - is this normal? Is it just fresh blood I should be looking out for? Thats what the MW said, she didnt make any warnings of brown? Its like the dregs of a period (sorry!!).
  • Options
    @Witmore26 brown blood is old blood so I'd imagine it probably has been there for a while and the sweep has dislodged it. Just give them a ring though to put your mind at ease x
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 thanks, just called them and they said as long as baby is moving (hate it when they ask that as I then question myself 🤦🏻‍♀️) and its not fresh or clots it is fine.
  • Options
    @Witmore26 I second guess myself too when they ask that question as unless she’s moving at the exact time I always forget when I last felt her move... then I get paranoid it’s been hours (when it’s probably been 5 mins) 😂 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Nov 15, 2019 11:43PM
    Evening all, feeling rough again here tonight. Lots of painful digging into my cervix and bladder, really bloated and aching. Loads of Braxton Hicks. I keep feeling really cold as well, I mean it's cold tonight anyway, but just odd. I need to get through until Sunday night is all...we've been planning mother in law's suprise 70th birthday party since January and finally having the party on Sunday so it's like just a little further then it really doesn't matter when he comes! 

It must be psychological because I had a whole load of pineapple for pudding last night and we went to bed "early" so maybe it's just wishful thinking that I'm struggling again...
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I’ve had my little girl :-). We named her Sophia Rose and are totally smitten  🥰. I was induced on the Monday around 2.00pm, waters broke Monday at around 8.45pm. I had a bit of a difficult midwife who basically said that inducing can take up to a few days and because I’m a first time mum it’s not likely that I would be going into labour the same day and that waters breaking were not any indication. Instead she would do an examination on me 24 hours after the first induction which was done with a pessary. I was in agony with my back come the early hours of Tues, the contractions I had I managed to breathe through. Anyway long story short I had a young inexperienced midwife who said I wasn’t a textbook woman in labour and that I wouldn’t be able to talk if I was in labour?! She basically fobbed me off with paracetamol and a hot bath to settle my back. By time I got to this stage I was asking her to check me and I felt like the pain I was experiencing was way too much past my limit and I needed stronger pain relief. No use at all, I even asked to speak to a doctor in a desperate state and asked for a c section. She said I couldn’t have a c section and that I would have to wait till my induction works and labour. My pessary came out in the bath and she said she would put in a new one. I said if your going to do that you may as well do a check?! She did and said oh your actually the 4cm dilated, let me call down to the delivery suite and see if they have any room (crazy!). I went down to a very uncomfortable dodgy wheelchair pushed by her. The delivery midwives were lovely and made me feel at ease. The also carried out an examination and measured me at 8cm! They had to buzz for the anaesthetist who quite quickly set me up with a epidural. The delivery was actually really good, the midwives were so lovely in the delivery suite. If it hadn’t have been for the one dodgy midwife I would say the induction process was actually a lot better than I was expecting. I thought it would take longer for me but actually it was a lot faster than I thought. I would have an induction again if needs be, I think I just should have been braver and asked for a different midwife during labour maybe..!! The most important thing is that our little one is here ❤️. I did have to get cut also by the way, that wasn’t actually as bad as I thought as well, I did have an epidural so I couldn’t feel anything. I did have to go to theatre after for surgery, the team were also really good there. I think there is a couple of ladies having an induction so I just wanted to say that my experience of the induction itself (not the midwife 😂) was actually a lot better than I was expecting. In a way it suited me better as it was actually nice to be there ready to go, I got to have a break before and when things did start to get recognised, I didn’t have to go far and help was straight at hand. If anyone has to be cut too honestly don’t worry about it. I’m on day 3 now and I’ve been feeling fine, stayed in my jim jams the first couple days but today I was back in jeans no problem xxx
  • Options
    @MrsG101 that's fantastic news ❤️ I hope you're enjoying motherhood. I love her name 😍. Just to be nosey was she larger than average as predicted as I'm sure you said thats why they were inducing you? 

As for the midwife, I found that the ones you come across at first when phoning in or not in established labour always acted a bit superior with me, like they were the gatekeepers and you had to pass their test before you could get the help you needed. Delivery midwifes were great though.

I'm quickly realising that tonight's trek might have been a mistake, there were lots of hills and I should have just let hubby push the pram. I'm aching and beyond tired (although that's been all day). 
  • Options
    @MrsG101 congratulations 💕 Glad you are both ok and thanks for going into detail - really helpful. Looking forward to seeing a pic when you can x