Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2017

Replies

• Options

Had scan last wednesday and we are over the moon that we are having a little boy! My husband cried in the room bless him!! Our daughters were very happy to be having a little brother!! Yje heat Is not nice for us at the min I agree, can't get cool anywhere, uncomfor at night but so worth it! Hubby felt our little man kicking tonight which is amazing, certainly got a kick on him!! On the downward slope now though ladies getting closer to meeting our bubbas 👶🏻

• Options

hi ladies. hope you are all well. how big are your bumps now? I'll post mine in a mo. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow. So anxious for my 20 week scan, really hoping everything is ok! :) 

• Options

imagehere I am, 18 weeks and 6 days. what are yours like at the mo?

• Options

Hi Sarah! Cute bumpimage getting bigger now makes you feel proper pregnant eh? I've had so many more people approaching me or looking at my tummy then smiling at me. It's like everyone wants to be your friend just to get the gossip on whether youre having a boy or girl and when baby is due!

Here's my bump a few days ago at 20+2

• Options

Hi everyone, we were wondering if you might come and tell us on this new threadhow did you announce your pregnancy? Did you send a text, or maybe do something super creative and special? Please do come and let us know over here. 

• Options

image Aww everyones bumps are looking so cute now this is me at 21 weeks I had my scan but baby was being awkward so couldn't get all the measurements so need to go back on the 6th June !! They think I'm having a little boy though but need to confirm at my next scan 😊 

• Options

Heyy ladies, looking cute with your bumps getting bigger hehe, I had another 20 weeks scan today as at the first one they couldn't get all the information they needed. I'm quite sad and disappointed the lady that did it could be arsed with giving  any information or telling us what we're looking at... The conclusion was baby it's ok, growing perfectly and took a shitty picture and got rid of us as soon as possible... 

Seeing the midwife at the end of the month for my 25th week visit and hopefully I'll get to listen baby's heart... quite scared to be honest with the lack of care and attention both at the hospital and at the GP's where I see the midwife... but then again I can't do anything about it as it's the only maternity ward in Sheffield....

Anw here me and bump at 21+3 and the scan from today, hope all of you are doing well xx imageimage

• Options

Had my scan today all is growing as it should be and we're having another little boy 💙💙💙

• Options

Hi ladies,

hope everyone is well?  Lovely looking at everyone's 20 week scans.  Next week for me, can't wait!

does anyone else work in high temperatures? I work as a manager in a fast food restaurant with no air con, temps usually between 28-35 degrees air temps, and struggling, anyone else have to work in these conditions?

also my feet throb after 4-5 hours on them and after a long shift they hurt till i go to bed at night, any tips to relieve the pain please, I'm really struggling x

• Options

Congratulations on the scan Chamilto! Hope you're doing well and so wonderful to see your baby there. 

Lisa 888, do your superiors know you're pregnant? And do you wear comfy shoes? My mum is a waitress and on her feet all day too and she swears by memory foam trainers/shoes... 

grisinutza and Stacee1990 - amazing scans and bumps! We have a lot of boys here don't we? 

• Options

Hi Danielle,

yes my superiors know I'm pregnant.  Thanks for the info, I'll look into the memory foam shoes, they sound like a good start 😃👍

• Options

Congrats on your scans ladies glad everything is ok! Sorry you had a rubbish sonographer grisinutza but at least you know baby is happy and healthy in thereimage

Yeah there definitely does seem to be a baby boy book at the moment Danielle! Everyone I know recently has had a boy and I though I'd be the exception but nope another team bluer! Lol

Hope you're all wellimage woop woop to pay day! Going to order our Moses basket today I think. Have you all started on buying/choosing the big things? I'm feeling a bit unprepared compared to my usual self. Pram wise I'm between the oyster 2 and the mutsy evo - mirror chassis, tan handle but can't decide between grey or navy🤔 What are you all going for? Xxx

• Options

Hi Memza89x, we started buying things as well, I gave the mission to my partner to find the best price/quality/functionality pram/pushchair, I have to tell you I regretted it as he kept me awake till 2 am one night looking at them and checking buying guides. We ended up buying the Joie Chrome dlx 3 in 1 and it looks and feels great to handle. 

We're thinking of getting the Chico next to me cot to start with when the baby will be in the room with us for the first 6 months which is quite pricy to be fair but you can use it for treveling as well... here's some pictures with the pram/pushchair...

imageimageimage

• Options

imageimageimage

We've got everything already just need to buy small things. were using everything we brought for Jacob and now we no it's a boy we can use what clothes we had for him to. we got a icandy peach 3 we brought it with the extra seat and peak fitting as we were always going to have two together. 

Has anyone had this after a scan? First pic is straight after scan and then them today 

• Options

Ouch Chamilto! No I havent is that from the sonographer pushing down? Looks as though they were a bit rough with you! We like the iCandy peach but I just don't think I can justify the extra £400 compared to other prams we've been looking at! What colour did you go for?

Grisinutza that pram looks lovely image haha that's cute that hubby did his thorough research! I want hubby to be involved in decisions but has said it's ultimately up to me what I want as I will be using it most of the time. I'm kind of glad though as all the wedding decisions I left to him I started to regret him having too much of an opinion😂I'm a bit of a control freak! Haha

We are very lucky in that family and friends have offered to buy most of the big things to my parents are buying the pram, hubbys parents are buying the nursery furniture, my brother and SIL are buying the next to me crib and my friend is buying the bouncy.

Grisinutza - the next to me crib is a bit pricey but it looks great and my friend who had a wee boy last Aug said she loved it! We weren't going to bother with a Moses basket too and planned to use the crib downstairs but I thought to save the faf we will get one at only £27 it will do a turn! 

• Options

Sorry Grisinutza I said hubby I meant partner!

• Options

This is the Moses basket we orderedimage

imageimage

• Options

Aww Memza89x that's sooo cute😍 liking the pale blue. 

It's ok you called him hubby, he will be, next year after I've lost some of the baby weight, I'm feeling quite nervous having to start thinking about organising a wedding 😳 He proposed this year one day before we found out we're having a baby... hmm he must of felt something 

Ouch Chamlito that looks sore, how hard were they pressing on your tummy? 😳 You poor thing. 

It's lovely you get to use Jacob's things 😍😍 

What bouncy are you thinking of as there are so many and the prices vary sooo much. 

Also question for the second or third time mums what carrier do you recommend from birth? As there are so many options out there and again the prices vary so much...

Hope you're all having a great week, I'm really excited as I'm going on holiday starting this weekend! Memza89x I'm coming to Scotland hehehe ☺️☺️

• Options

Hi Memza89x

We wanted oyster 2 but previous last year oyster 2 version for the material they use on their seat. We ended up buying Mama and Papas Ocarro with Kiddy Lie Flat Car Seat at the baby show in Birmingham.

We also bought Nursery Furniture at Mother Care as it was 50% off.

We been buying stuff that is on sales.. Next sale I want is EWAN the sheep.. hahahaa

I also got free Baby box from the baby box company. I will use that instead of moses basket or next to me crib.

We also got mattress, towel and loads of nappies sample at the baby show.

Cheers

Kitara

• Options

Congratulations to everyone who have had there scans , loving your bump pics too xx

No i havent Chamilto, that looks so . how rough was they with you ? Xx  

Iv on bought a couple of things like an outfit and a few baby vests and baby grows . Not even started on the big items yet .we have had a look but Hubby wants to wait till we find out the babys sex , Im still thinkin girl as we already have 2 daughters. But hes thinkin boy .

Were starting all over again tho weve not saved any large items after our girls as we was told we couldnt have anymore children , plus theres 7yrs between my youngest an bump .

Your pram looks lovely grinsinutza,  hubbys been lookin at the silver cross but im not to sure about it.  I need something thats easy fold an put in boot of car without to much messing about xx

That moses basket looks so cute Memza and a bargain aswel . Does that include the mattress also xx