Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

I feel so flat compared to you two ladies. I really want to find out the gender. The snow has arrived again this morning, I'm so fed up of it now. I'm still suffering from morning sickness, everyday for the last 9 and half weeks. I don't think it's going to stop. 

• Options

Emmaloulou how far are you now? I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and my morning sickness has improved slightly in the last week or so (oddly enough since I started feeling movements) but I'm still needing the tablets. Hopefully you're due a break soon! 

Question for those who already have a little one (or other guys if it applies to you!)

We're planning on taking baby out to the States to see hubby's family in late November (around 12 weeks old). I know British Airways let you book baby a seat before it's born/add on once they're here, but have any of you done this? I just want to know if it's going to be a total faff getting it all sorted! Also experiences of flying with your newborn? Any recommendations - like is paying for the carrycot worth it?

I think 12 weeks should be plenty time to sort out a UK passport? (They will be entitled to a US one but that can be dealt with while we're over I think!)

• Options

Glad your feeling a bit better. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow, i thought I'd try a day of seeing how i went on without taking sickness tablets and i can't cope without them. 

• Options

Yeah if I stop the tablets it isn't pretty! But I can cope with a few spells instead of constant! Fingers crossed you're the same, and I stay this way. Im finally starting to enjoy being pregnant :)

• Options

Hi! So finally had my scan on Saturday morning...it was amazing! I've been put forward a few days so I'm now 13+4. Baby was very wriggly and the lady couldn't get over the length of his/hers legs! I'm 5'9" so quite tall for a girl, so definitely takes after Mammy! We did our announcement so it feels so good not to have a secret anymore, I feel more excited :) I still have no symptoms and feel amazing...been going to the gym 3 times a week to keep up my fitness (although I have been getting short of breath a lot easier!) Hope everyone is feel okay today! xxx

• Options

Here's another x

• Options

MrsT brilliant scan picture 😍😍 feels so good announcing it to the world 🌍 

all my kids had long legs they take after their daddy I’m only 5ft 2 and he’s 6ft 3. 

mrsb  emmaloulou I’m the same still get sicky at night but I got travel sickness bands right at the start and they do help loads. Also eating small and often seems to help me aswell. Xxx

• Options

Love your baby announcement MrsT

• Options

great scan pics 😍😍 

when we announced our pregnancy we did this image

• Options

lovely scan pics and such fantastic announcements!! 

MrsB we flew when my little girl was 6 months old but booked holiday after she was born so not sure about booking before they are born. We got an Irish passport which only took 1-2 weeks. Was a 4 1/2 hour flight but she was grand and I was breastfeeding so no hassle. 

MrsT good on you at the gym so often!! I’m jealous Lol. Sometimes I feel I barely have time for a 3 min shower. I used to run and did my first 10k just before I fell pregnant but kinda scared to run now and I don’t think id have the energy. Hoping to start pregnancy yoga next week - just to have some time out more than anything. 

• Options

Hi girls, I’ve been following this thread for a while but haven’t been posting. Fab scan pictures!! I’m almost 16 weeks and have had sharp twingy pains all day which I’m putting down to round ligaments. Have any of you had this too? 

• Options

Lyra I’m getting that to. Only way I can describe its is like a stitch you getvfrom running etc but really painful. I get it mostly at night and struggle to get comfy with it xxx

• Options

Hi I've had them too. Mostly when I've been sat and i get up too quickly. I read to slowly move to give them time to stretch or you can do stretches i read too x

• Options

Morning ladies,

im still getting over the shock that there is actually a baby in there! Haha scan was Friday and it was such a strange feeling.

you know you’re pregnant because you feel pregnant, tests tell you and you don’t have periods. BUT for me seeing the baby in there moving about brought me such relief that...oh my god this is actually happening!!

i thought I was 12+6 but she dated me 14+ which brings my due date forward to 17th sept.

Has anyone bought pregnancy pillows yet? My lips are really starting to ache from sleeping on a side, do you have to sleep on a side at this point? 

Next .... how do you even go about looking for a  pram!! I have NO idea what I want or need!

• Options

Hb14 we are in our 4th and we can’t decide on a pram this time round atall🤣 currently between 5 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ive never used a pregnancy pillow normally just use a normal pillow and I does help. I know girls who have pregnancy pillows though and swear by them. It’s great when you go for a scan and discover your further on than you 1st thought 🙈

i always sleep on my side or my back but at the minute I just can’t get comfy atall. My poor husband is always moaning because I toss and turn lol.

• Options

HB14 I need a pregnancy pillow too. Currently wake up in the middle of the night with an aching hip and have to go for a wander to feel normal before coming back to bed! I don't know if you have to sleep on a side, I just have been to get used to it. Now 17+3 and still can't believe baby is in there!

As for prams, I knew I needed something compact as we plan to travel a lot, and don't have anywhere really to store it. So that made the decision easier as some of the prams are so bulky!

Yesterday would have been my due date had I not miscarried. I kept busy but last night it all hit me. I'm sure the hormones didn't help though!

• Options

I know the feeling Mrs B, my edd was 5/3 So odd to think we would've had a Newborn already! Still things happen for a reason and we've got our healthy bubbas growing nicely to look forward to.

We used the same travel system for both boys 4 years apart, although I'd love a new pram this time I just can't justify another grand when the one we've got works fine. Also I can have an extra month off work with the children with that money. If only money was no object.

Midwife did say that as car seat has been in loft we'll need a new one but it was fine after being in loft between the boys. Has anyone else been told this?

Find car seats so mind boggling, been looking at rearward facing as ours are all forward facing now laws have changed we need a new one, so expensive, especially for last baby when it won't be used again!

• Options

Gertie we got the maxicosi pebble (mainly because it was in a bundle for our pram but it's also pretty light for carrying compared to some! 

Have a kook on Preciouslittleone - they have Bounty flash offers and I've seen quite a few carseats with a good discount. I can't imagine Bounty would endorse them if they weren't decent aswell! 

I can't see how being in a loft can do any harm personally as you'd give it a good clean before using it. Unless she meant it's probably 'dated' in terms of safety! 

• Options

Hi ladies i booked for an early gender scan and we're having a Girl! I had a little feeling it was x

• Options

Congrats EmmaLou 😍 I’m hoping for another boy as we’ve still got all the clothes from my son as there will be a small age gap so make things easier 😊