Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2021

Replies

• Options
    @Curiosity101 aww the nursery is so sweet ... you've done an amazing job!! 

We had the furniture delivered yesterday for ours so a case of putting everything where it needs to be then getting the little bits to make it feel more homely! Got my 20 week scan today .. finally ... only 22 weeks on Saturday :/ haha! Better late than never tho!

Hope everyone else is good and enjoyed the bank holiday weekend x
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited May 5, 2021 8:45AM
    @TeeAli22 Thanks, we're both really happy with it. There were definitely lots of times we wondered if it was really worth the effort, but now it's done we're so glad we did. We also went out and got all the furniture this weekend so we have:
    * Mamas and papas Atlas cotbed (no under bed storage as we've found that a PITA due to it making dummy retrieval harder)
    * IKEA Brimnes wardrobe
    * IKEA Malm chest of drawers

Still trying to decide whether to keep the double bed or not. I could definitely see it coming in handy but a single would probably be just as good 🤷

Looking forward to getting all the newborn stuff down this weekend and all packed away ready ☺️. Plus setting up the cot with bedding etc.

Aww I'm so excited for you for today, I hope you have a lovely time and your little one behaves 🙈😄. Do you have any other plans for today? 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 IKEA is a god send isn't it! We've done a few trips recently and I still need to go back for more haha! We ended up getting the Silver Cross Bromley range, which had the wardrobe, chest of drawers / dresser table combo and cotbed with mattress. Must have got lucky with timings as it was down from £1100 to £649! We have a Silver Cross pram so thought we would get everything to tie in together since it's our first! Will send a pic once done!

Having got rid of double beds then moving house and needing them again I would say if you can keep it and store it anywhere then it would most definitely come in handy at some point!!

No other plans today but think I might do some shopping for bedding, little trinkets and toys etc! Make the most of the afternoon off! Scan is at 2:30pm :) Hoping to get a sneak peak between the legs so I can guess but still going to try and hold off from finding out for sure haha! xx
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 Wow that does sound like a good price for a Silver Cross set. I bet it'll look beautiful once it's all set up ☺️. I do love a good bit of nesting, I think my husband is a bit perplexed by it though as I seem to be constantly sorting/tidying/cleaning. But knowing what happened in my last pregnancy I just don't want to leave it 'late'. 🤣

Yeah I think you're right. We will try to keep it if we can. We're considering moving it into our toddler's room as his room is bigger and then bringing his single into the baby's room. But I guess we'll see nearer the time. 

Oo have a lovely afternoon ☺️ I thoroughly recommend Primark's baby section if you happen to have one nearby. I absolutely love their Disney stuff and it's a fraction of normal Disney prices. Good look with your sneak peek ☺️ it's very exciting!
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 Scan went well! No abnormalities to report and baby was literally bent in half with feet over it's head ... not sure how that can ever be comfy but hey ho! Maybe a future gymnast haha! Didn't get a sneak peak between then legs ... she told us when she was looking but was so quick I couldn't tell what was a leg and what wasnt haha! So the fun of waiting to find out continues!!

I didn't get chance to go to Primark yesterday but it's on my list for the weekend! I just need to calm down on spending money at the minute haha! xx
  • Options
    Just catching up! Glad your scan went well! So impressed you’ve managed to not find out haha! We have our daughter named and everything 😂

I’m 20 weeks today (wooo) Have my scan on Monday and can’t wait! Just really want reassurance that all is okay after all the medication I’ve been on! I’ve managed to halve my dose at least, so getting there! Last week I managed to eat hot food for first time! It’s been bloody relentless this time on the sickness front!

So exciting! you’re all so organised! We have a silver cross cotbed too that we got for my daughter and love it! She actually modelled for them as a baby too! (Can you tell I used to be an agent? 😂🙈) and I love seeing her little face pop up from time to time haha! 

• Options
    @Olivia1990 hope everything goes well with your scan! And awww look how lovely and cute your little girl is!! We can't agree on girl names at the moment! A boy name is sorted but I think if we have a little girl she might be nameless for a while haha! xx
  • Options
    hi @yaoza! Bizarrely I have the same due date as you and have also been badly suffering with HG! So sending lots of love because I’m fully aware of how unbelievably shocking it is. How are you now? I’m much better at eating in the day time now, just can’t eat anything after about 6pm and have managed to handle the smell of cooking in the house for last ten days or so so have finally been gaining some nutrients! Still on ondansetron but have managed to reduce it to 8mg a day and am just back at my pre pregnancy weight this week so getting there. Just feel so rank though and can’t bloody wait to feel normal again! X
  • Options
    I’m also 31 so we are having bizarrely similar experiences haha (second baby for me though!)
  • Options
    Good morning all ☺️ How's everyone doing today? Is it grey and gloomy where everyone else is? I swear it feels like it's been raining in England for about 3 weeks now! 
  • Options
    Morning!! All good my side thanks how are you?

We had sunshine here this morning in Bristol but it's just started raining again now! Typical! You wouldn't think we were coming into June!

Had my 24 week app yesterday, all seems to be going fine! Got a busy week with appointments coming up in June but bump and baby all progressing nicely! :) 
  • Options
    Morning everyone, 

hopefully you get some sunshine soon @TeeAli22. The weather is warming up here in Canada 😀 We are finally able to get out and do some hiking and national parks are starting to open. Our lockdown is planned to ease in a few weeks, 6months of lockdown is to long. 

I have been feeling much better haven’t vomited since 23 weeks😆 Although still on anti-emetics. The last few weeks have been a little overwhelming as I am having weekly ultrasounds with MFM. Each week is a whirlwind of emotions. Little boy is kicking all the time, which is great, he is tiny but mighty hehe 

• Options
    Hi everyone! I don’t post that often but thought I’d check in, hope everyone is ok 😊

I am 22+3 and everything seems to be progressing ok, had a bit of a blip a couple of weeks ago because my liver had raised ALT levels, but a few days later for my retest they were back to normal 🤷‍♀️ I also had a high BP reading but I think that was down to them taking a reading just after I’d climbed a load of stairs and was all sweaty! But because of my high BMI the doctor is insisting on weekly blood pressure checks, thankfully I can do this from home. All because of one sweaty reading! The readings I have been taking are fine of course. Other than that all is well, I can feel baby moving about and I have a couple of weeks until my next midwife appointment. 
  • Options
    @Bunnissa the sun is finally out this morning! Lets see how long it lasts haha! Good to hear you can finally start getting out and about! 6 months is such a long time!

@SparklyBubbles glad everything okay with ALT levels now ... my partner has to have that blood test every so often as he's type 1 diabetic and his latest one came back high so had to have a follow up, which was normal. The consultant he spoke with said every so often there is an anomalous result, which in 99% of people is fine second time around and they have no idea why that is but usually nothing to worry about! 

I can't believe how quick it's all going and soon to be in the third trimester! I'm 25 weeks on Sat!!

When is everyone's due dates and what is everyone having? (If they have found out).

I'm due on the 11th and unsure on sex ... @Curiosity101 I think you have the same DD as me is that right?

Good to get a list put together so we can see how is due when and who comes on time or not! :)  xx
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 Yep, same DD as you ☺️ and expecting a little boy. 

They've just opened up my age group 30+ for Covid vaccines today 😄. So I'm going to get booked in, hopefully will be able to get a slot for this weekend 🤞. So happy I'll have had it before hitting 3rs trimester. 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 I thought you said boy but didn't want to guess wrong haha!

I'm not sure on the vaccine yet and haven't made up my mind as to whether to get it before baby born or after, mainly due to research being all American and to me, not the largest sample size. Let me know how you get on and how you feel! Be good to hear from someone who is due same time as me and who has had it so it can help me make my mind up! :) 
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 I’m due on 25/09 with a girl 😊

I have my Covid vaccine booked in too, originally I was against it but after the stuff came out about it being more dangerous in the third trimester I’ve decided to go for it, I’m so scared it might do something to the baby though 😔 I’m already high risk due to BMI though so overall I think it’s the right call for me personally (my consultant agreed too).
  • Options
    @SparklyBubbles ahh congrats on your little girl! :) 
    Yeh I think if you are high risk then the pros usually outweigh the cons. I haven't made up my mind but swaying more towards having it done after baby is here currently. My partner has had both doses of vaccine as well as the majority of his family and our close friends so I feel relatively safe and won't be going out much in the third trimester anyways! But if more research is released in the meantime then I might go for it!
    Again keep me posted as to how you get on with it and any side effects etc.! Hope all okay tho! 
  • Options
    Hi all! 

@SparklyBubbles that’s so annoying about all the blood tests after that reading! Glad all is seeming well now though! 

@TeeAli22 yeah going so fast now!! I’m due 23rd with a girl. 💗

yeah the vaccine one is a hard one isn’t it! I’ve decided to wait until she’s here and have it then. I’ve had bad reactions to flu jab on two occasions before (first time they said it must have been something else that caused it but then it happened again but worse the following year and they took it seriously after that) so I actually didn’t even have the flu or whooping cough vaccines in my last pregnancy, as was worried about a reaction when pregnant especially as I have autoimmune issues so yeah for me I feel like I’d rather just keep a low profile and have it once she’s here. My pregnant friend had moderna this morn though. Just got to do what feels right to you in your gut I guess. No right or wrong I don’t think as risks both ways. 
  • Options
    11th- @TeeAli22 surprise 💛
    11th- @Curiosity101 boy 💙
    23rd- @Olivia1990 girl 💗
    25th- @SparklyBubbles girl 💗

I started a list haha! Feel free to add!