Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi girls!

Replies

• Options
    That's an idea!!

We are spending Christmas Day at home then going to my mum's on Boxing Day. James' mum, dad and brother will come for tea on Christmas Day. Then at New Year we'll have a party at our house with James' family. His Aunt and Uncle have one of those Wii's so they'll bring it round. With drink and that, should be a good night. We may try and get one sometime next year.
  • Options
    Oh dear. England losing 2-0

But are we BOVVAD ?
  • Options
    Do you get the children advent calenders?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, 4 weeks 5 days. silly me.!
    ooh its exciting.
    Katelin is still a little young to understand.
    Will Niahm and Charlotte get excited?
  • Options
    Not sure about Charlotte. I know when she see's the presents Christmas morning we'll get an "OOOOOHHHHHH". Other than that, she may get the vibes from Jack, will have to see how much she picks up on.
  • Options
    Yes. Both the boys have a spiderman 3 one each and katelin has disney princess.
    Got them early this year as we were left with the toot last year.
  • Options
    Yes, getting advent calendars, would like one of those material ones, but they area little expensive.

Everytime Niamh sees a tree or a bit of tinsel, shejymps up and down and shouts yay, look mummy its Christmas. I dont mind though, its me that got her excited, so i just join in. Big kid really
  • Options
    Mil has a lovely wooden one with little draws and there are liitle wooden things that go into the draws and when you open that day you hang them on the wooden Christmas tree. It's really beauutiful but cost about £50. We'd never bother but they love to see the kids faces when they open the draws.
  • Options
    I do get them advent calenders but amazingly they don't like the chocolate ones so i get a lovely Christmas or nativity scene one. Jack last year got really excited with that, wondering what the picture would be behind the door.
  • Options
    WE are putting our decs up early next week as we are celebrating Christmas on Dec 1st!!!! I can't wait, I love my tree. But Gareth has moved all the furniture and my tree has lost its spot!!!! No room! Boo Hoo
  • Options
    While we were on our honeymoon in Florida in May this year we went to a disney christmas shop and OMG it was like being in christmas heaven. If I had the money(and a house big enough) I would have bought loads of stuff.
    But just got 2 mickey mouse stockings for the boys and a minnie one for Katelin. They're lovely and i cant wait to put them up
  • Options
    How is Gareth? I bet he doesn't want to go back, spending this time with you both must make it difficult to go back to the ship.
  • Options
    He is enjoying being home but is gettin stressed at this England game! It took a few days for Bronwyn to get used to him but things are great now!
    He goes back on 14th Dec hence the early Xmas!!
  • Options
    Oh i love doing the kids stocking's. Lots of little gifts for them to open. Santa puts the stockings at the end of the kids beds so they see them when they wake. They are allowed to open those presents but we have to have breakfast before the main presents are opened.
  • Options
    Hi Caroline, where you been hiding?

Zoe, cant believe they dont like choc ones!
    My boys were fighting over who got to open Katelins last year, as she was too young to have them but we did'nt want to leave her out.
  • Options
    I love doing their stockings too.
    I enjoy that more than their main.
  • Options
    Jack likes chocolate but not the calenders and Charlotte would choose a box of raisons over a chocolate bar!!!
  • Options
    I might get Niamh a choccie one, but a nativity picture one too. We got her nativity one last year and like Jack, she looked forward to opening the doors to see the picture
  • Options
    Katelin loves raisins and choc bars. I think tomorrow i will test her and hold one in each hand and see what she chooses.
  • Options
    Let us know the results of that test. I'm sure Charlotte will change her mind in a few years time.