Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Starting Clomid March2016 anyone else?

Replies

• Options

Hello :) nice to hear from you again :D

Great that this time both of you enjoyed it 😝. Not sure abouth the pre seed, it says fertility friendly, so hope it doesn't slow the swimmers down or changes the PH or whatever it's called(your body's natural environment). And the soft cups, hmm not heard of that before, as in for fertility. Maybe it will help;) fingers crossed :D I think, that it's nice you have done some research, relaxed and went with the flow. 

Yeeeeeah, as for me... so far it's a negative, but it is sooo early days, not sure when and if ovulated 😵, so we have only ttc whole last week. AF due next week Friday... not even sure how I feel right now, my lower abdomen is sensitive and I feel hungry-then I can't eat- then feels tight and it goes round in circles... just coming back from my cd21 bloods for Progesteron. So hoping it will be a good results. Are you going to have some tests? 

• Options

@Uandi: I got a couple of years on you..... :-). But do not worry about your age, as God gas blessed several women with a child AND they were over 50 years old!

I'm looking into the soft cups--- seems intertesting!

• Options

Hey all uandi my parents had my last brother at 45 he was a surprise but a good one!! So I went to the Dr yesterday and I have two follicles both are sitting at 18 & 20 so they said that's good as long as my ovaries realese them so I go back Monday to see how that went and the said my uteras is thick like it's supposed to be and I still have 16 days before my AF that I hope never shows lol!! And Jo I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your AF doesn't show either!

• Options

Thanks Aubrey ;) xx

I'll keep my fingers crossed for us too :D

Can I ask you, Aubrey, when you went to the Dr (yesterday?) What cd were you on? How many days since last Clomid pill? Was it between day 5 and 9 after Clomid? Did they say anything about that you? 

• Options

Jo I'm on CD 16 but it's been 8 days since I finished my clomid! I have an appt Monday to  check if I ovulated I'm limited on how much my insurance will pay I don't think it will hurt to skip this appt I mean I should know if it worked or not at the end of the month right? And I forgot to ask my Dr will my AF start  when it's usually supposedly to start or do I start from my provera AF? Sorry so many questions

• Options

Hi Ladies

My Dr explained it this way -Your AF, if it comes;), this next cycle should come around cd28. And if it comes week or more later, it means it didn't work. So I guess, if you have ovulated, then your cycle should start at regular time after ovu.

Aubrey, it's personal decision. You can always call their office and get more info to help you decide:) if they have set it up, then it must me worth it. I didn't have the scans(shame), only bloods for progesteron... and the only way I will know, is by my AF(or a BFP, if it happens;)). Just don't worry too much, call them, talk to them.

How is everyone doing? :D

• Options

Decided not to go to the drs today so now it's gonna be a hurry up and wait thing lol but Hopefully I can find something to keep me busy enough until it's time to test!!!

• Options

Yeah girl, I wish there was a thing that works this way ;) don't worry Aubrey, time will fly by you won't notice !

And did you ask you Dr about Provera?

I called mine to get my results, but he aint available of course, also the results will be ready on few days aparently, soooo I hope to find out soon! My AF is due in 4days, ideally I want to know how do I stand with Clomid (reaction and dose for the next cycle).

Shasha, how is it going? 

Uandi?? ;)

Vana are you still with us??

• Options

My Dr called today !!! I ovulated !!! Hurray!!! Not sure, that we managed to conceive but yeah, if not this month then next one :)

• Options

Great news.. im soo pleased for you xx 

I've got till the end of the week to see if af shows up , I hope she doesn't !! 

• Options

Thanks Uandi :) x

Mine too, Saturday/Sunday. Wow

Fingers crossed for all of us :) let's hope she doesn't :)

• Options

Hi ladies, I am new to this, me and my husband have been ttc for 5 years now,  I have been taking clomid for 5 cycles now and still nothing, I am finding it very hard to stay positive and continue each month thinking this could be the month. I had a blood test the first month when I was taking 50mg and that showed I did not ovulate so the Dr advised me to put it up to 100mg which I did but I have not had any check ups since then I asked the Dr if I needed another blood test on the 100mg but they said we just assume it is working and will see you back in 6 months. I have had previous miscarriage and ectopic and only have tube so I feel like it is even harder with 1tube! My husband wants a baby so badly and I feel like I am letting him down (I know he doesn't feel like that) he I so understanding and I know since starting Clomid I have been such a nightmare to be around, the mood swings are insane. I am so argumentative and horrible sometimes and I cant do anything to stop myself being like it. We are due to go back to the hospital on the 20th May so hopefully we will have a plan in place to continue on. I feel so stressed about it all now and so worn out that I just think why cant it be easy for us! my sister in law had a baby recently and I couldn't even cope with that she fell pregnant within 2months and I just wish it was that easy for us. I always read peoples posts but I have never had the courage to actually comment on one. :-)

• Options

Congrats MamaAsh! One step closer to a pitter pater feet!

Uandi.... I hope that AF doesn't show up! :-)

Welcome Hmack! We are here to support each other and I'm glad you had the courage to post!

Mood swings are an understatement... this is my third round and my husband thought I was going insane...LOL! I would just start crying for no real reason and I became really irrational and couldn't stand him! I spoke to my Dr. this morning about it, and he said that the Clomid will do that to you. I also suffered from hot flashes... especially when I'm sleeping... I would wake up soaked. 

Re: Others getting pregnant around you can be difficult, but use that as a reminder of what you and hubby are working hard to achieve! It will be all worth it!

My quick update: I'm doing well, levels are looking good per my Dr.  I will take the trigger shot tonight and IUI on Thursday! Then the TTW.... the hardest part!

xoxoxo

• Options

Hello hmack,

I think it might do you some good if you share your story with others, see that you are not alone in all of this. So good job on finding the courage to talk :)

We all would love a happy story for ourselves, and every chance that slipped through our fingers upsets us. Sorry to hear about your struggle too. 

Doctors will help you find some resolution.

And yeah, it pulls strings in a relationship,because it is a stressful time, especially if you say it's been 5years now. It's understandable that you feel jealous in this situation. But don't drive yourself crazy with it, coz it ain't in favour of conceiving either. Luckily 20th May is not that far away :)

• Options

Shasha, that's nice !! Wow they will leave a day between trigger shot and IUI ? I thought, last time it was all day after day to not to loose time. But I know a little about it, so just asking ;) anyways, fingers crossed fxfx xx

Haha, I hate TWW :/ At the end of mine, having line eyes, totally feeling now like having a cry now(I know, finally and not suppirtive of doing it at all). 

• Options

For the trigger shot I have read that the IUI should be done within 24-36 hours. The first round that's what we did and it "worked"... we had a chemical pregnancy!

• Options

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Shash ;) 

It's hard, all this ttc... my best friend, we talked today about my results that I have ovulated. And I know herself will be trying at the end of this year for their second kid. I was telling her about the struggle that some of the womens will go through in order to conceive. All she said was that she's sorry to hear it and that for them, it will take max 2 months of ttc and she will be pregnant again. Yes, I am happy for her.

I guess, what I am trying to say- we are devastated by our every bad news and every push back we get. But we have other people around us (each other here on chat, our partners, husbands, siblings or parents and friends). My friend tries her best to support us through this journey, my Mom wasn't doing her best and I am still not sure she is fully convinced by our idea of expanding our little family. That was putting me off our ttc, had influence on my moods.

Then it hit me, this is our life, sometimes it's best to ignore certain people, opinions&judgements. Planned or unplanned baby, 1,2,4....or maybe 5 kids... Let's go crazy :) our life is our creation :)

Friend, mate or neighbours getting pregnant? Great for them, let's be happy about it. Less stress for us, better chances for ourselfs :) plus, one day (let's hope soon!!!;)) we will be the girls that got pregnant, others will be jealous of us and we won't even know it, it might be a stranger on the high street that will get jealous of our bumps!

So there there, few words got get us through few days ;) maybe was worth to put in on here:)

• Options

How is everyone today ? 

• Options

Hello,

I'm very moody, thought my AF would show up by now. Tests were negative on Tue/Wed :/ a bit of cramping now&then. That is it for me.

How are you? How is everyone ?

• Options

Hi ladies, new to this so don't no much.. Anyway, I'm 22 years old I have pcos not to sure how long I've had it for, me and my partner want to start a family so the hospital put me on provera and clomid yesturday :-) my 1st provera tablet was today due to me only having like 1 period a year!! How you all getting on using clomid? Xx