Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in August 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how is everyone doing?

Replies

• Options
    Had a lovely weekend with my family!

Now on maternity leave! First day today and obviously my ds woke up at my usual get up time of 6!!

37 weeks today!!! Going to start getting baby things out and putting them where will need them!

• Options

Allie 37 weeks how exciting. I think you will deliver first out of us.

Looby I think we need some new bump pics. 

I had midwife yesterday, baby was measuring 32cm but because my last growth scan was only 2 weeks ago she didn't send me to the hospital again image  baby is still engaged. She scared me a bit with how fast 4th labours are, she said as soon as I get my first contration I need to get my other kids were they need to be and must be at the hospital by the time the contrations are 1 in 5 mins. I can see my hubby having to drop me at the hospital on my own while he sorts the child care x

• Options

sorry about the p.j's. Bump this morning at 36 weeks 1 day x

• Options

Yay for 37 weeks Allie!

Beautiful bump ILMG! This is mine from yesterday. Good luck getting the girls sorted, I'm worrying about getting my 1 sorted in time.

Hope you're all managing to stay cool in this heat, I feel like I'm melting haha.

xxx.

• Options
    Lovely bumps!

Weather bit better today and easier now not at work! Have bought a fan and cooling spray!

I have to go to hospital as soon as get first contraction as my first labour was quite quick!

• Options

How was everyone's weekends? My feet we're so swollen with the heat, I looked like elephant man haha! I got some more magicool (already have some in the hospital bag!) and I've had the can attached to my hand. I've also been sat with cold tea towelswrapped  round my feet...

Back at the mw this afternoon. Got a couple of things I need to remember to mention, but baby brain has been so bad recently I think I need to write them down.

hope everyone is keeping well. I can't believe it's August on Friday!! Xxx.

• Options

Looby how did you get on at the midwife? I can not wait for it to be August so I can say im having my baby this month. 

Allie are you enjoying your maternity leave? 

I took the girl's to paultons park on sunday and walking back to the car felt something leak out that wet though my pants and leggings so had to pop to the birth centre. It was only discharge so all ok but how glamorous is pregnancy lol Me and hubby are going to ddownload some music tomorrow night for when im in labour and then thats me all ready to go x

• Options
    Ooh yes pregnancy is very glam!!! Hope you had fun at Paultons Park.

Looby- hope the mw went well. Love my magicool! Have some in my hospital bag too.

Mat leave going well so far but still feels like just school holiday. Had good weekend. Feel more prepared now! Have cooked one meal to freeze, baby's room is sorted and crib is up. Just need to cook one more meal, put crib in our room and put car seat base in car! Have sorted out what will happen with my ds when go into labour too! Having haircut on Thurs and beauty treatments on Sun and will then feel very ready!

• Options

MW was fine, baby's started engaging! Whether that's 1/5 or 4/5 is still open to interpretation though because my usual mw (who was on holiday) writes it as 4/5 engaged, whereas most others would write 4/5 palpable... Either way, baby girl has found her exit and knows where to head for image

ILMG I've had a similar experience, it's gross isn't it? I thought it was my plug though, yuk! We went to paultons in April, dd loves peppa! We had a fab time. Hope you had fun.

Allie, yay for feeling sorted now. I'm still a way off,  dd is going to nursery today and tomorrow so hoping to get the nursery tidied up at least. Then I've got some of baby's clothes to iron too, how exciting haha.

If I've not had her, I'm aiming to do some batch cooking next week. I doubt I will have had her btw, ideally she'll stay put until after my bro's wedding!

hope you have a nice relaxing day.

xxx.

• Options
    Yeah to baby being engaged! Have 38 week appt tomorrow.

Hope you have a good day sorting everything out.

• Options

Morning ladies, so do we have any August babies yet? I have 12 days to go and starting to feel really excited. This is my last pregnancy so trying to enjoy every last minute of it x

• Options
    None here but less than a week to my due date and will be going in to get induced a week today if not here by then!

Think will be induced! Have been getting a lot of tightenings though but had that last time and went 5 days overdue.

Really not fed up like I was last time as this is my last pregnancy so trying to make the most of it.

Am completely ready though now! Also relieved as my brother-in-law is on standby to come over and look after my ds but he has been away for last few days but back today!

Hope you are all well x
  • Options

No baby here yet either, but I'm only 38 weeks tomorrow. She has dropped a lot though, I can breathe again! All my friends and family keep saying she's coming in this next week but I need her to stay put until a week on Monday so I can get to my bros wedding next weekend... 

Im not fed up either, I'm really enjoying feeling her  squirming away in there as I know it's my last time too. My hands and feet are about 3 times their normal size now though, its just pregnancy swelling and not pre-eclampsia thankfully, but still very uncomfortable, but even that isn't bothering me much.

is anyone trying any eviction techniques? My best friend is due tomorrow and she's trying all sorts. Sex, gymball, clary sage, nipple stimulation, walking loads, spicy food... She was induced last time after going 14 days over so is desperate to get baby here before that this time. So far, I've rubbed some clary sage into my bump, twice. I'm sure once I reach my edd I'll be trying more but I'm not in a rush to get her here yet.

xxx.

• Options
    No not trying anything. Did lots of walking and hot food last time and nothing. Have decided baby will come when wants so just enjoying time have left x
  • Options

Exactly my feelings on it Allie image xx.

• Options

The only thing I am doing is taking evening primrose and started raspberry leaf tea yesterday. Its so strange, with all my other pregnancy I was totally feed up by now and trying everything to get labour stated but this time im so layed back and really don't mind when she comes.

Allie I can't believe you only have a max of a week left.

Looby hope you make it to your brothers wedding x

• Options
    ILMG- I am exactly the same! Was so fed up last time but so relaxed about when baby arrives this time. Yes is mad only have a week left! Have been drinking raspberry leaf tea for a few weeks but that's more to help with speed of labour than when it will happen!

Looby- hope you make it to your brothers wedding

• Options

Allie how are you doing? Do you have an induction date/time set yet? 

Looby when are you due to go to your brothers wedding? do you have any signs that baby is coming soon? 

Im doing ok, I have 8 days left and no sign of baby coming any time soon. My tail bone started really hurting yesterday, hopefully its not as bad today as I really want to enjoy what time I have left and don't fancy spending it in pain x

• Options
    I'm OK thank you. My back is hurting a lot and started losing my plug. Have to go in for induction on Friday at 4. May start me then but if busy will wait until Sat morning. Having sweep on Thursday x
  • Options

Eek, not long to wait now then Allie! Good luck for the rest of this week and over the weekend.

ILMG, I hope the pain goes away so you can enjoy these last few days. How is your pgp now?

I've had a couple of false starts, the first only lasted half an hour, the second an hour and a half, with the tightenings coming every 4-5 minutes... Was gutted when they stopped! But I'm hoping that she stays put now, wedding is Saturday, mw has said there isn't a medical reason not to go it's just if we're brave enough. I've got the address and number for the maternity unit down there, and know where the main 3 hospitals are on the route, figured that we'll be an hour away from one of them at any point. Sleep is a thing of the past now, my hands and feet are so swollen, it's caused carpal tunnel. Hoping it passes quickly once little miss is here. Really enjoying feeling her moving around so still in no rush to get her here.

xxx.