Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in September 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in September 2014!

Replies

• Options

Hello ladies,

Right then, had my scan and there was a delay so I almost peed myself ha ha but it was worth the wait. The scan was amazing - I cried! The baby was bouncing and wriggling and I got two pics too image I will upload them tonight because DH took my maternity notes home, I had to come back to work image Think DH saw a lot more than I did and he looked excited. He said that he thought that it is a baby boy, not sure why.... I've got my 20 week scan booked in for 14th April, need to book my 16 week one also with my community midwife. I gave them a water sample to check if the infection had gone - fingers crossed! They dated me at 12w+4 which 2 days ahead of my calculations image so my EDD will be 7th September 2014.

I am very happy, it has been an emotional but fantastic morning! It feels very real now and I am looking forward to shopping already image I am going to get some tickets for the baby show in Manchester, it is on next weekend and all the major brands will be there. I was holding off until today . . . 

I am feeling ok this afternoon just a bit tired. I was ok this morning and then I started washing up, felt really really sick and I almost passed out. I started making my way to the sofa and everything went black, I actually couldn't see the sofa when I sat down. DH freaked out a bit bless him so he just kept giving me water. I have not been drinking enough, I know, but too much in my tummy makes me feel sick so I am sipping two glasses of water all day which obviously isn't enough.

xxxx

xxx

• Options

Yaaaaay been waiting for this update all afternoon image sooooo please all is well and at least your baby isn't like mine then and was a little fidget image It is just the best experience ever to see the baby on screen.  It's good that you have got booked in for your 20 week scan, I have to wait for my date to come through the post and also good that you have gone 2 days ahead!  Can't wait to see the pics later image

Re you feeling dizzy.....over the last few days my tiredness and sickness has calmed down but I have also started to feel dizzy image I have read though in one of my books that it's quite normal for this stage.

I went to Tesco today and was soooo tempted to buy something, even just some wipes haha but resisted for now.  I know I won't be able to resist much longer though and plan to start stocking up on nappies and wipes and all those little essentials.

xxx

• Options

Here are the pics lovely ladies image

xxxxx

• Options
    What a great pic Judy image xxx
  • Options

So pleased everything was ok, and great pics Judy! xx

• Options
    Lovely pics Judy! I can't wait for my scan! Seems like forever away the 19th march! We r going on a much needed holiday on the 30th march, I'm so looking forward to relaxing for 2wks by the pool! Just hope my sickness will have stopped by then, I'll be 15wks! Now I just have to find some summer clothes, as most of my dresses from last yr don't fit me in the boobs, they r huge, and I know they'll only get bigger image with my first I went from a b cup to an e cup!

Hubby says I've been so miserable and moany lately, I just can't help it, I feel so drained and tired, just don't know what I can do or best food to eat to pick myself up again, anyone else felt the same and have any suggestions? Xx
  • Options

just got my scan date though...11th march. Excited and very nervous all at the same time x

• Options
    I have my dating scan on 19th March @ 1:30

Thankfully I have another reassurance scan on 10th March too.

Just got an appointment through to see a registrar of obstetrics on 10th April which I don't understand why! MW said because of my history but I had a normal pg with my son! Xx
  • Options
    Anxiousmummy mine is the 19th at 1.30pm aswell lol! I've got a consultants appointment in July cos my grandad and aunties have type 1 diabetes since they were children although I've only known this through this pregnancy as my dad was adopted had no issues with it in my first 2 pregnancies so should be ok! Xx
  • Options
    How freaky same time!!

I have got to see them because of my recurrent miscarriages I may be bring naive but if I stay pregnant then what's the need! Xxx
  • Options

hi ladies, is anyone else having less symptoms now they are around 12wks, some days I dont even feel pregnant and it's starting to worry me. This scan carnt come quick enough just need to see everything it's allright. I feel so stupid for being so paranoid but I just can not shift this worry feeling. Also I'm not getting as big so quickly this time, I know I should be pleased about this but no it's Just makes me worry more image

• Options
    I am nearly 10 weeks. I take the no bleeding as a good sign!

My symptoms come and go and not really suffered with morning sickness muxh although I do feel rough more in evenings.

I didn't have morning sickness with DS and am just praying that all is still well at my scan next week.

I'm fortunate in the way that I have seen the Baby and it's heartbeat a few times already but wish I could be more naive! Xx
  • Options

Hi Joanne,

Well I am 12+1 and the feeling sick seems to have gone now...only have it the odd day whereas before it was there every day.  I also don't seem as tired as I was...I used to have a nap about 7pm on a night but now I don't, I can hold out till 9.30 - 10pm when I am just ready for bed.

I had my scan done last week so I know all is ok.  I'm sure you mind will be put at rest once you see your baby and I am certainly more relaxed now image but yes my symptoms have certainly eased off now I have hit 12 weeks x

• Options

Hi ladies sorry for crashing you  thread again image I have a. Question for anjwass if it's ok?? 

I was just wondering what your symptoms were when you had bv hun? Had the doctors or hospital had bothered to do any tests I'd know for sure what's causing this bleeding but as they didn't bother I am trying a process of elimination myself and have heard bv can cause bleeding. Did you have this hun? Xxxxx

• Options

Thanks ladies I do feel a little less stressed about it now, I had a scan at 9 +3 wks and all was ok then but I've read a few bad stories on the net which are playing on my mind. Guess I will just have to be patient till next wk x

• Options

Hi keepthefaith,

I had spotting on and off for 4 days at 8 weeks but weren't diagnosed with bv till 10 weeks although I'd had the symptoms for quite a few weeks but didn't really think much about it.  The reason I went to the Dr's is because I had quite a lot of discharge which was bright yellow, sometimes on the verge of green and some days it smelt and some days it didn't.  

Do you have any of these?  If you think there's a chance you could have it then I would ask your Dr to do a swab just to be on the safe side as untreated bv can be quite dangerous xx

• Options

Hi ladies hope everyone is well! I seem to have missed quite a lot over the last couple of weeks. I've been suffering with really bad sickness again and just got out of hospital. Fingers crossed it's now under control and I can start to enjoy being pregnant. 

• Options

Morning ladies,

How is everyone doing?  I am 12+2 and finally feeling great image no sickness feeling and no tiredness.  It does feel strange now though as I just feel 'normal' again apart from odd bit of cramping which I know is just stretching and everything possibly moving upwards.

Does anyone have their scans coming up soon?  xx

• Options
    I have my scan friday keeping my fingers toes and everything crossed that all will be ok. Ive also today become a aunty for the 3rd time to a gorgeous nephew benjamin weighing 9lb so im over the moon. the last couple of days ive started to feel normal had terrible sickness and it seems to have stopped so im on top of the world image hope everyone else is doin ok? X
  • Options

Hi Lizzie,

Eeeeek how excited that your scan is this week image good luck for that!  Wow 9lb that's a good weight and bet you can't wait for cuddles.

It's good to hear that your sickness has gone for now....enjoy it!

xx