Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

06 Babies continued...…. (MFM)

Replies

• Options
    been knackered this week so not on much, hope everyone's okay and katelin, daniel recover quickly! i still think katelin was restrained stopping at 14 chocolates!

sunday was okay, but long day of driving and been shattered since.. didn't realise it would make me this tired, but was very over emotional last night, had big row with shawn, then made up, but tired again today and slightly dreading tomorrow's 8am start as my new team in the hospital is oncall..

katelin's buggy sounds a real bargain!!

anyway off now as shawn's just popped out to get me a maccy d's!! so going to eat it now yum yum!

hope everyone is okay!

Simone - think you are definitely owed a girl's weekend sometime soon..!
  • Options

Hi Girls

Lucy sorry Katelin is so poorly still, just let me know on Thursday if its a yay or nay!

Lucy i bet you are tired, the service must have been very emotionally draining and would take anyone a couple of days to get over it! Good luck with today

I went Christmas shopping yesterday and only have a couple more things to buy and get Jessica's stocking bits. I was so chuffed though as in the mall they had a stand with beautiful snow globes and i really wanted one, but looking at them thought they would be really expensive, but they were only £12! so got one with a Christmas tree in it with children putting up decks and really pretty base, its also a musical one!

Got it for Jessicaimage

• Options

That sounds lovely Simone.  Fab price too.We were looking at them last weekend  in a garden center and they were £32 so we just walked on.image

I think it's safe to say that we will need to cancel Friday. Really sorry, but she was up again last night and she's just still so full of cold, and feeling very sorry for herself. ( don't know where she gets that fromimage)

Let me know when you are available again, and we will go from there. Not sure I fancy going to **'s after the mouse episode. Is there anywhere closer to you? There's a few near me.

Let me know.

Lucy, hope today goes well for you at the hospital. Hope they go easy on you on your first day.Will you be wearing scrubs? Hope to chat tonight (or tomorrow if you're knackered) and hear how it went.

Zoe, hope you have a nice morning at work, then yay! its all done for you this week. Coffee morning tomorrow?????

I am just doing my Tesco shop and also booking a slot for Christmas week. How organised am I?

Hope everyone has a nice day, Chat soon xxx

• Options
    Lucy-H, sorry Katelin is still poorly. I'm afraid I can't do a coffee morning this week, I have so much to do, I really shouldn't be on here now. I haven't wrote one Christmas card and have to do the childrens as well and need to get a move on with the wrapping of presents as well as housework, I haven't enough hours in the day at the moment, aarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Simone, I hope you and Jessica are ok.

Lucy, how are you and your family?

Hope anyone else reading this is ok. xx
  • Options

Hi Girls

Lucy -H how is Katelin today, hope she is feeling a bit better. That's fine about Friday, will have a look for another date.

Zoe, don't worry i have not written a christmas card yet, i might do them Saturday night when the christmas tree is up!

Lucy, how did it go at the hospital yesterday, hope it wasn't to bad xx

• Options
    I forgot to say, i have an appointment for Jessica's hearing on Tuesday at 2.30!
  • Options

hope the appointment for the hearing test goes well..

am absolutely pooped.. yesterday i worked from 8-6pm with 20mins to wolf down a sandwich - we had 30 patients to look after and went on an all day ward round.. didn't sit down apart from the 20mins at lunch image

then today, i met my consultant who said sorry, but he'd given me the wrong information and i'd spent the day yesterday with the wrong team seeing the wrong patients (although just as well for them i was there as the rest of the team were on call), so i had to get to know a load of new patients today.. and am on my own apart from a consultant ward round on a monday and thursday..image went in at 8am today and home at 6.30pm, then had to bath ben and read him his story. was in bed at 8.30pm last night, not going to be up much later today!! think will take a while to get used to this..

sorry for the moan, but had forgotten how tiring hospital work is, lots of bending over patients and chasing your tail all day long.. have got the GP's christmas dinner tomorrow night - will probably fall asleep in my food!!

hope katelin's feeling better lucy, sorry wasn't about for a chat. will try and catch up on sleep and energy at the weekend and hopefully back to normal on monday!

zoe - i have vaguely thought about christmas cards.. will probably do them at the weekend when i get a minute!

hope you're all okay and have lovely weekends xx

• Options

Morning.

Lucy, sorry it's a bit manic for you at work. No wonder you are shattered. How's the nursery search going for Ben?

Lucy-H, how's Katelin today? Must apologise for the pics. I know I only sent it once and the kids definately didn't get it this time. I am having a lot of problems with my phone, if Santa doesn't bring me a new one then i'm getting one before I go back to work in January as it's doing my head in!!!!!

Simone, How are things with you?

I know I haven't been on much lately and I'm not sure how long it will last. We are going through a bad phase again with Charlotte's sleeping.image She's lost her appetite as well, so not sure if it's her teeth making her like this or if she's just off it a bit.

Take care, xx

• Options

Hello everyone.

How are you all doing? I still haven't wrote any cards or wrapped any presents image, that's my job for tomorrow while I'm home alone. I have done so much housework this weekend so I don't have to do any tomorrow image, I'm hoping I will then be back on track.

I'm not sure if I have said before but Jack will no longer let me cut his hair as I do a grade 3 all over (it's all I can do!!) and he wants it longer so he can spike it. Any I have let it grow although I have told him we'll have to go to the barbers before Christmas so they can tidy the back and sides up. Well we were at a family party last night so I spiked it for him. He loved it and me it was "toodle tastic!!!!!!" Everyone commented on how much older it made him look. I will make sure I take a photo of him sometime and put it on for you to see.

Take care, xx

• Options

toodletastic!! what a great word!

am feeling more human today after a really lovely weekend image and only worked 8-5pm today which felt like a holiday compared to last week! we went out for lunch on saturday and sunday which was so nice - went on the downs on saturday and down to brighton beach yesterday and got lots of happy hormones as it was so sunny.. plus shawn was in a good mood all weekend and let me lie in on saturday and sunday!

i love this pic of ben on the beach being tickled by me!! makes me smile image

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/89/Gallery/n648590074_5006834_6773.jpg

i even managed to write some christmas cards, although haven't managed to post them yet..

how's everybody today?

• Options
    Lucy, that's such a beautiful picture of Ben. It looks professionally done. It's lovely.
  • Options
    Thank you! Shame my stupid hand got in the way! How's things with you?? You've been quiet on here lately..
  • Options

Hi Girls,

How are you all doing??

I have wrote some of my Christmas cards, yeah!! Just need to start some wrapping now and I may just get done in time.

Lucy, it is a lovely photo of Ben. Is he excited about Christmas??

Lucy H, how are you? I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you all ok?

xx

• Options

I don't think Ben quite understands what Christmas is, but he's very excited about the tree and loves opening his advent calendar every day image

Shawn found a nice nursery today so am quite excited! It's run by the people who own a fab nursery down the road from us, which is a bit too pricey for us.. and has outstanding ofsted reports. It's also Montessorri and sposed to be very good at preparing little one's for going to school. the nursery Shawn looked at today is brand new and only has 15 children.. Ben's going for an afternoon session tomorrow to see how he gets on image

Zoe - i haven't gotten round to posting any cards yet! image I have three piles at the moment - one with addresses on that are ready to go, one with addresses i'm not sure of, and one pile of family cards that i want to pop some photos in before i send them (not sure when i'll have time to get the photos printed though!).

Shawn and I are going to Wales this weekend to stay with some of my uni friends. We usually get together for a Christmas meal once a year, but missed last year, so will be nice to see them. Mum's looking after Ben for us, so will be nice to spend a bit of time as a couple, although will miss our little man..

What are you guys up to this weekend?? Hope you're all okay, it's quiet on here again!!

• Options

Hi girls

Sorry have not been on for a while, busy getting ready for Christmas. Just going into town in a min to get the last presents.

Lucy, i love the picture of Ben, hope he had a good day at nursery.

Lucy-H How are you, hope Katelin is better. Don't think i will make it for a meet up before Christmas as on the days im not working everyone wants there hair doing!

I took Jessica for her hearing test on Tuesday and it was inconclusive, she couldn't hear the low and high tones, but they think it might be because she was distracted with they toys, so they are doing it again in 3months! I hope its ok as at the moment they have written it down as slight hearing lossimageimage

• Options

Hi Simone,

Sending you big hugs, I am sorry Jessica's hearing test didn't go as well as you wanted it to. Lets hope when they re do it the results are more positive.

Take care, xx

Lucy, have a good weekend with your friends. We are all off to meet friends in Manchester this Saturday after Jack's swimming lesson. They are taking us to the next village who are having a decensian day and our friends dad is the town cry-er so really looking forward to that. Then on Sunday we are present swapping with some relatives.

xx

• Options

Hi, me and Charl are both poorly image. We are full of cold and feverish too.

Hope everyone else is ok. xx

• Options

Zoe - hope you and Charl feel better tomorrow - I was like that last week and have had a blocked nose for the last 3 weeks! very annoying!

Simone - sorry to hear about the hearing test.. it sounds as though they don't really know for sure if there's a loss or not. it's a shame you have to wait 3 months before they can do it again for you. Are you up to anything nice this weekend? I really need to do some Christmas shopping for people other than Ben..!

Have survived my first on call in the hospital which is good - the A+E department is awful, so short staffed and grumpy nurses.. was frazzled when I got home, but have destressed now and having a nice evening with the telly off reading my book.. just thought i'd pop on here to say hello and wish you all happy weekends xx

• Options

Hi Lucy,

Charl is not too good image She has eaten only half a slice of toast all day today. I even asked her if she wanted pizza or chips and she said "No, not hungry mummy" which is really not like her. She's quiet too, I hate it when she's not herself. At least she's having drinks of either orange juice or milk that's better than nothing.

She's in bed now watching Fifi on dvd as she wanted to get away from Jack. We have been out today and they fell asleep in the car which means they are fully charged and not wanting to go to bed yet!! Oh well we had such a great day you can't have everything!!

I'm glad you got on ok at the hospital.

Take care, xx

• Options

Morning

Im so sorry Charl is so poorly Zoe, i hope she feels better soon. How are you feeling!

Lucy, glad you got on ok at the hospital and how did Ben get on at Nursery!