Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Always look on the bright side of life :D

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear about that nasty woman. On the plus side enjoy swimming and the zoo and don't forget your camera xx
  • Options
    I've just had the most perfect day image our official photoshoot had to be done in our photographers studio as it was too foggy, we went to the zoo after and I cant tell you how much good it did me going back to the place where me and Steven got married for the first time image Dylan likes ALL monkey species, ducks (they quack :lolimage the buffalo and the elephunks image i've not stopped smiling all day and neither has hubby. Dylan had more of a curious expression on his face all day but has been an absolute angel! I'm just uploading all our pics onto facebook and later next week when my photographer sends me the link for the official ones i'll post it here with the password so you can all see!

He loved swimming too just not getting out (the screams from the mens changing rooms were loud poor hubby :lolimage think it will be a weekly thing as it was so nice to do something none cancer related as a family, and hes only gonna like it more the older he gets!

Right off to bath my little man and put him to bed then share a glass of wine with hubby, hope all you ladies are well, couldnt post yesterday got a little upset but im really happy today and wanted to say thank you all for wishing us a lovely day image

Em x x x x
  • Options
    Just a quickie reply as Freddie's at the milkbar so not easy to type but just wanted to say so pleased you had a lovely day chick and enjoy your evening! Can't wait to see the zoo pics

take special care

love n hugs xx
  • Options
    Hiya Em,
    Sorry I've been a bit MIA of late, my boy certainly is a time waster. I really need to stop watching him play, sleep and shout at his toys and get off my butt and do some chuffin' housework. Or I could just have a sit down with a packet of custard creams!
    Glad to hear you had lots of fun at the zoo, which zoo did you go to?
    Oh and who's this nasty old bat at the hospital? Sounds like she's ripe for a Tetbury haymaker, point her my way and I'll deal with her. Is it a sympton of getting old that you lose all sense of tact, thinking before you speak and generally not being rude?
    Can't wait to see your piccies.
    Take care of you.

Big Hugs and slobbery kisses.
    Laura & Edward
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi Em,

I saw the pictures they look like you all had a great time!! Lovely photos xxx
  • Options
    Hey Em

Been thinking about you lots the past few days while Ive been offline. Well you are halfway there now hon. Through this part of your treatment. Take each bit at a time. Sorry you are feeling pretty pants from it. And also for the insensitive bag at the hospital!! What a moron!

Hope you have had a lovely rested weekend with your boys. right.. Im off to check your pics on FB! Cant wait to see the professional ones! How exciting.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Em,

Just a quickie to see how you're getting on.
    Big ol' bucket of PMA coming at ya.

xxx
  • Options
    Hey ladies

Sorry i've been quiet struggling quite a bit. Feel like its invaders of the body snatchers as someone else is running my body at minute as im in some planet somewhere else I think :roll: I can hardly drink everything tastes vile and im so spaced out its unbelievable. On positive my pain relief has halved and im still pain free and I have a scan date for next week with idea to discuss chemo in about 2-3 weeks. At minute it doesnt appear surgery on cards but it hasnt been ruled out!

Have just 1 left and im going to pester my gp for physio tomorrow as christies have recommended it as I have complete muscle wastage of my shoulder so its never gonna improve without sorting that too! I say pester my gp is a diamond so I wont even have to hardly ask image

Will update more and post a bit better when I dont feel so shocking but I just wanted to say thank you all so much for still thinking of me and sending PMA my way, im still smiling image even the radiographers say I never complain and im always cheerful, but thats my way and have you seen how gorgeous my little man is who cant smile when they look at him image

much love to you all and you bubbas

Em x x x
  • Options
    one more left hun - have been thinking about and felt guilty about comlaining about a sore gut!

so pleased the pain is not as bad - and hope that all your senses go back to normal.

I thought your piccies at the zoo were adorable - whats the next plan?

Big hugs to you and hope you get your shoulder moving soon - kisses for Dylan x x x x
  • Options
    only one more to go honey. just keep thinking about that gorgeous giggle of dylans! that video made me and my hubby laugh. he really is a giggler, and so soon too!

xx
  • Options
    Well I did it image radio complete! Feel appalling which ive been told will get worse over next 2 weeks then get better about when chemo will then start :lol: I have a scan on wednesday and then results and chemo discussion on 1st March, which means that my first dose will probably be week of my birthday. Cant be any worse than losing my hair the day before my 21st running down the stairs the day after as the postman knocked with my flowers and realsiing I was bald yelling at hubby who thought I was crazy when I ran off upstairs again without answering the door as he'd forgotten too :lol:

Sarah you making an assumption that I have much sense to begin with image and dont feel guilty your insides not working right is a very complainable thing!!!! I hope your feeling better hun.

Those giggles are amazing daddy gets them for free almost but the ones he gives mummy (that she has to work for) are worth there weight in gold image

Off to curl up now and try not to cough more lung up (NICE!) will speak soon

Much love to you all

x x x x
  • Options
    that is a huge hurdle complete - i am trying to think of something to say to make you feel better but i am crap and cant think of anything except that i think of you all the time and pray every day (i am not really religious but it cant hurt) that you get to see as much of your little man as possible.

Hugs Sarah and TOby

ps thank you for sponsoring me - i think i am on ??????132 now - not earth shattering but it will do something maybe??
  • Options
    Yay!!!! I bet you are glad that its over, my mum said when hers ended she felt so relieved because she was so tired after it. Happy Valentines to you and I hope you have a lovely day xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh hon, glad the first bit's over, you're doing so well!

x x x
  • Options
    Sarah im sorry I couldn't afford more. ??????132 is a great total and WILL make a difference!

Roslyn it does make you horrendously tired im with your mum on that, especially from about 3pm onwards, its still having an effect but the fact that I can barely swallow and have now developed a cold probably isnt helping :lol:

We've been to Blackpool aquarium today image Dylan LOVED the fishes, was a lovely day despite the weather and us all feeling abit ill, we then had fish and chips (well I had some its hard when you cant swallow) and im now ready to curl up as Dylan in bed image

Much love to you all

x x x x
  • Options
    Stay rugged up my love. Its not surprising your immune system is a little battered after the last 2 weeks. Treat yourself to some time with your gorgeous boys - they will get a treat having you back too! image

xx
  • Options
    Im so so sorry - im just catching up on everything as have not been on properly for soooo long. Im in tears reading all of this thread. You are one brave cookie. Im wishing you all the love and luck in the world big big hugs and a big sloppy kiss from Zach and all of us. Chin up chick you sound like you are doing amazing

xxxx
  • Options
    Ok so i've been a bit slack updating but i've felt so rough I didnt want it to be all doom and gloom as thats not really what I want this thread about image

Im now 10 days post radiotherapy I was told the side effects would get worse for 14 days after, I didnt take them that seriously as I had 3 times the length last time and a stronger dose and I didnt get worse after it finished but goodness me its hurt this time. Im assuming as there coming in from a different angle on top of damage that was done last time thats why its hurt so much! I lost my voice (really upsetting im a chatterbox and not being able to sing and talk to Dylan has been hard!) and swallowing is horrendous! But im slowly getting there, I croak like kermit still cant sing to Dylan but at least I can talk to him now (and make massive fuss of him since he rolled over for me for the first time image) and I can swallow water and some foods earlier in the day without wincing!

I had (another) MRI scan the radiographers felt sorry for me as they take an hour as they insist on doing 2 at once one with contrast one without. Results are on 1st March along with discussion on chemo. Chances are chemo will start week of the 8th just in time for the weekend of 13th (my birthday) and 14th (mothers day) but I am determined to go for a meal with my boys on mothers day. Im really excited about it and hopefully determination and positivity will allow me to be well enough for it!

Ive started some light exercise, just stretches and walking with the dog with Dylan in a sling its making me feel more proactive and is making me feel healthier. I cant do too much as living with just boys I caught the dreaded man flu and my lungs cant take too much just yet image but I want to build my strength up I rode my exercise bike like a demon during chemo last time and I will try and do the same again this time as it helps me feel in control!

Other things my dads deteriorating, he had a scan which showed despite the surgery there was still tumour and swelling left in his brain and 2 new tumours also on other side, there is also a possibility its spread to his liver but hes awaiting a scan and a consultation re radiotherapy. But hes now got an urgent appointment with his main doctor tomorrow as hes really not well. I find his deterioration hard for 2 reasons now and I worry about my mum who is now working from home as he's so unsteady.

God thats all really grim but I wanted to update everything as its a bit like a diary. Hoping that once the lurgy has left our house we can do some more swimming as a family as Dylan loved it and plan some more fun days out. We've done the aquarium and the zoo any other ideas?

Our professional pics are online http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/cgweddings/view-your-pictures/albums/9515 its Emily and Stevens family photoshoot and the password is Dylan. There aren't loads as my little man got a little frustrated but I think im going to have numbers 14 and 17 framed for my birthday image

Right off to eat icecream (any excuse :lolimage

Love to you all and your bubbas

x x x x
  • Options
    oh em - i am so glad that your voice is coming back - it all sounds so painful. It must be tought watching your dad go through this too - goodness how much can be thrown at one family. They say that you are only given what you can deal with - and you are so well - you remain in my thoughts so often - and i just think you are buddy amazing!

Well done to dylan for rolling- toby is a bit too much of a podge to roll - too much effort!

Just had a peak at the pictures and they are just gorgeous - love them x

Mmmmm - more days out - well there is the beach during the winter and then again in the summer. Visiting a steam railway (cant wait to do this with Tobes). Will put thinking cap on and get back to you.

Hoping your singing voice returns soon - good luck with the consultation - i am away on the 1st - but will be thinking of you

Love to your lovely family

Sarah and Tobes x x x
  • Options
    You are doing so well hun, I know its hard but you have such amazing strength. Glad to hear your voice is on its way back, thinking of you xxxx