Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Kicking off the Due in November threads!

Replies

• Options
    Hey Everyone! image Congrats to you all!

I've just found out I'm nearly 7wks-preg - due on the 2nd Nov!! I didn't even have a clue! really worried though as I'm now getting alot of cramps :? is this normal... I've got to wait till 3rd April to have my first midwife app... can mums2be have scans before their 12wks-preg?

Thea x
  • Options
    Ziggyuk5 when is your early scan hun? I'm sure all will be fine

MrsEwantstoBamummy I will add your due date, congratulations on your BFP! What meds were you taking for your IBS? Can you give your GP a call and put your mind at rest?

Rainbow0drops0 I will put your due date as 14th nov for now hun, I'm sure we'll all be changing the dates when we have start having our 12 week scans! I've been wanting sweet popcorn and haribo, which is strange as normally I am a savoury person!

Jessiepud woohoo for the dr appointment, so exciting to make it all official! image

Thea27 congratulations hun! I've been having cramps and tugging sensations, the lovely loobylu7 reassured me that it's normal. I think you can have early scans on NHS if there is cause for worry, other than that you can pay privately, I don't think it is hugely expensive either. I'm sure I've seen other forums that they cost about ??30?!

Well ladies I have managed to get through today with not too much nausea and no dizzy spells yay! Oh and I spoke to pilates lady under the guise of ???????I have a friend who is interested??????? and she said 2nd and 3rd trimester only.

xx
  • Options
    Hi thea huge congrats on your bfp. Agree with what Sian said about the scans, do you think you will have one?

Sian yey for a good day for you image I constantly ate sweet things with dd, all I wanted was chocolate chocolate and more chocolate lol although that was later on. I love looking at symptoms etc to try guess what we having, esp cus we won't find out at 20 weeks so I like to have a guess lol. Although with dd I was convinced dd was a boy! Obviously not very good at it lol. Had my doc appointment and she give me edd the 19th, not sure why as I used the nhs website. Anyway sorry to be a pain but could you please change my date. Like you said it'll probably change again at 12 weeks lol. (need a new ticker now lol)

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Sianuk11! image

I'll look into paying for one just for piece of mind! can you please add me to the list!?

Thanks hun x
  • Options
    Sorry JessiePud, just seen your msg! Thank you! image yeah I prob will pay for one! paronoid I know!!! but I don't think I can wait till 3rd April! :roll:

I see this is your second child! how old is your first one... how exciting for you! xx
  • Options
    Hi thea, pregnancy is very worrying isn't it, I don't blame you going for an early scan. So is the 3rd April your 12 week scan? How exciting image) when did you find that out? We will have to start a scan date thread soon so we know who is going when. Yeah we have a little girl who was 2 in January image is this your first baby? Xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations to all the new ladies joining us with bfp! The group is getting big now and I am sure we will get more ladies joining us soon.

Rainbow extra big congrats to you on you wedding to.

Sianuk I am a bit further south to you. Going to have baby at watford general hopefully in their midwife lead unit in the birthing pool.

Well I still don't really have very strong symptoms. Was very sick with dd so maybe a blue bump. We stayed team yellow last time so hubbub told me sex at birth. He wants to do the same this time but not sure. Told my parents yesterday. Well my dd did! Bought her a big sister t shirt for her to wear when they visited. Also saw Dr yesterday. See midwife on Monday. x x
  • Options
    Hi everyone image

Sorry I've been a bit awol over past few days, been away on a training course for work.

I still have no sickness, but my sense of smell has went into overdrive! Sat next to the loo on the train home today - BAD IDEA!!

I will catch up with all other posts now, just wanted to say hello first!

xxx
  • Options
    Jessiepud I think my oh is having sympathy symptoms as I've had a good day and he has felt sick all day and has backache! How weird is that! I've changed your EDD hun

Thea27 your due date is already on hun, I added it after your first post image

Bubabear-plus-baby that's such a nice way to tell your parents awww! I have no idea about how i'll give birth ie birthing pool and stuff. Guess i'll get to talk about all that sort of stuff next week?

Erin82uk hope your course was good! You're so lucky having no sickness! I am awaiting delivery of my sea bands and also ordered some Preggie Pops!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Sian,

What are those things you are talking about? Preggie pops? Are they for sickness? I think i need some! First bout of morning sickness yesterday, before that it was just nausea, but yesterday i was actually sick twice before work. This morning I tried eating a banana before getting out of bed (i was told it might help), and now sat downstairs trying to ignore the fact that I am feeling increasingly sick!!! Couldn't drink my usual cup of tea, made me feel worse. Now trying a fruit tea.
  • Options
    Well scratch the no morning sickness, I feel absolutely horrendous this morning!

The course was good thank you Sian, but I was away from my daughter for 4 days so that was hard. Won't see her until tonight (she's been staying with my parents as OH is nightshift). So just one more day of work to get through then I can get lots of snuggles image

Hope everyone is well, and bumps are behaving themselves!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, hope we are all well. My early scan is this Saturday hoping this will put my mind at ease for a while and then my NHS scan is on 16th April, not long really but seems like a lifetime away!
  • Options
    Hi jessiepud, feeling much better today thank you and thank goodness.

Hi Sianuk11, thank you and congratulations to you too. I was taking amitriptalyne (not sure of spelling) 10mg a night for my IBS got a drs appointment tomorrow so will chat to her about it then but feeling much better now and my boobs still killing so think bubs is still going strong ha ha.

Xxx
  • Options
    MoJacobs I really feel for you hun, I thought I had got away with the nausea today but it has just kicked in again. I really want to stick my head between my knees but my colleagues will wonder what's going on! I keep sneaking off to my filing cupboard, it's nice and cool in there! Preggie Pops are these sweets that are meant to help, Amazon recommended them to me after I ordered the sea-bands. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Preggie-Drops-Variety-Sour-Flavors/dp/B000EILS0Y Anything is worth I try! I have found that nibbling on snacks every few hours helps, I am now keeping a cereal bar in my handbag at all times for emergencies!

Erinuk82 sorry to hear you are feeling sick too hun. Aww that will be really nice when you get to see your daughter tonight, 4 days is a long time!

Ziggyuk5 yay for your scan on Saturday, i'm sure it will all be fine! I have my midwife appointment next Wednesday so hoping I will have a date for my scan then

MrsEwants2Bamummy so pleased to hear you are feeling better today. I know which medication you mean, I took them a few years ago for trigeminal neuralgia. Hopefully your dr will say everything is ok when you go tomorrow image

xx
  • Options
    Hello!

A big congrats to all the new ladies - it's getting pretty busy here now. Lots of lovely people.

Had a reasonably nausea free yesterday - so much so that I was worried. I needn't have been worried, in fact I should have enjoyed it, since I woke up this morning and have felt pretty rubbish all day, bar a two hour window at lunch when I went for a walk and had a decent lunch (got that in there before the sickness kicked off). I tend to not actually vomit (though it has happened), it's more constant nausea with a bit of dry-retching. There's a lovely image for everyone.

I've found eating fruit makes my sickness worse. I need something cool like a yoghurt or dry like a bit of toast. My body does not want the healthy stuff. I also find gulping water makes me ill, little sips only.

I got really breathless on my walk today - which is normal apparently - I felt like a little old lady wheezing around the park. I have downloaded a couple of audio books because the boom, boom, boom of my running tracks does not sit well with my enforced sedate pace.

Otherwise I am fine, trying to stay as positive as possible. Most of my symptoms come and go and I try not to worry to much or fixate on what might be causing it.

Is anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate at the moment? I am really, really struggling with work. I amnot sure whether it's the tiredness or my brain turning to mush - my memory is terrible as well. I have to write everything down at the moment.

Better go - feeling a bit ick. We need a nauseous face but as I see the BE site does not offer one.

PP XXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I'm probably the grand old lady of the group, hoping to hang in there....but aware that it's a bit touch and go for me. I have my first scan tomorrow, 7 weeks, then I get them fortnightly after that due to previous mcs ( prob age too). I hope I get the opportunity to get to know you all a bit better....please send me positive thoughts...I need them. Thanks ladies x
  • Options
    Hi girls

Sian you did make me laugh hubby having sympathy symptoms bless him. How are you both feeling today? Let us know if the preggie pops help they sound interesting

Mojacobs hope your sickness didn't last too long.

Erin have a lovely night with your daughter image

Ziggy hope all is well with your scan on sat

MrsE I'm glad you are felling better image

Pp hope you are feeling better now, I'm waiting for my morning sickness to kick in, so far I've been feeling pretty well touch wood

Tashleby will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope all is ok at your scan hun

I'm feeling pretty normal at mo but I'm aware I'm a couple weeks behind most of you. Enjoying getting to know you all xxx
  • Options
    Pozzee_pod I am same as you,nausea and dry wretching but not physically throwing up! Blimey if breathlessness is to be expected then I'm in trouble as I'm asthmatic and have had to stop my inhaler!

Tashelby I will defo be thinking of you tomorrow please let us know how it goes, sending lots of positivity your way

Jessiepud funnily I've had hardly any nausea today since about half 10 this morning and OH is fine too! I got to eat a proper lunch again today which was great! Though I've now got horrendous heartburn, I've just been to boots to get gaviscon. Minging!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Everyone

I have got my midwife appt next Sunday and really looking forward to it. Was really surprised that I got to have a Sunday appt but she is coming to the house for an hour and she'll do teh blood tests and the urine test here which is good. I alreayd know I have negative blood so will have to have injections throughout but that's fine.

PP - my concentration has been ok but my forgetfullness! Well last night I burnt dinner, put the television remote control in the toy box and almost forgot to put on underwear this morning!

As for sickness I have to say I am feeling pretty awful. So much so that one of my friends guessed today as we went for a walk and I had to stop three times because I thought I was going to be sick. image It was never this bad the first time around but then alot of people say that. And I guess it's a good sign.

Tashlby - I really hope tomorrow goes well for you

Hope you all have lovely evenings x image
  • Options
    Really quickly before I log off I just wanted to share this blog with you, it is immense.

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/

Sian when you mentioned Gaviscon it reminded me of this post which is my fave:

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/category/asshattery

Closely followed by this

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/category/asshattery?currentPage=13

Tashelby - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hope it goes REALLY well.

Love to all,

PP XXXX