Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Options

Hi, dear. It is completely okay to have cramping at this time. Remember, your body is preparing for a baby. I went through cramping and this exact situation, too. I was scared at first. I went to doctors for weekly appointments. You should too. I did everything; i went on a proper prescribed diet. Doctors helped me so much through it all. I suggest you to get weekly appointments and take care of your baby and yourself. Just hope for good, and it will happen. I will pray good things for you. I wish you have a baby which is healthy. Stay very strong. You can do this. We all believe in you. Goodluck with your pregnancy.

• Options

Mummytolily, ahh i see. That complicates things then, well bubs might turn out to be a little sister for lily so we shall see very soon! 😁 Omg I can't wait to know what you're having! Im counting down with you lol! I know I can't believe I've only got 44 days left (tomorrow)!!! I still remember looking at the app think ahh 100 days to go, feels like yesterday! 

Mrsfish, oh I'm sorry I'd forgotten about the autism. Of course, it complicates everything - my brother is 12 and on the spectrum. Sorry to hear of your flood, I hope hubby gets it sorted asap! life is really not on your side ATM 😩 Sending big hugs and prayers that things will just give you a rest!!! I'd say my cramps/twinges started about 3 weeks ago so 31 weeks (as I'll be 34 on weds), but have got increasingly stronger and more frequent as the weeks go by... I'm SO scared of preterm labour and not being completely prepared for an early arrival! How many weeks are you now? 

Hey mrsb, ahh what neck of the woods are you in? Its been raining for 2 days straight in London and tried to snow earlier in the afternoon but of course the ground is wet so the snow didn't settle... how many inches have you got? Just take extra care when out and about 😁

Thanks whale chick, it's my fave one... it's the one I want her to wear when she's first born! 💗👶🏻🙊 Ahh almost out of the yucky first trimester! Hang in there hopefully the nausea backs off within the next couple of weeks! 

MrsRees, had af arrived full flow? i think you're definitely experiencing irregular cycles... however don't let this put a downer on ttc. Not sure if you remember but i didn't have a cycle at all and still managed to catch this little lady 🤗 It's super stressful and makes things seem impossible i know, but try to relax and track ov again this cycle xxx

• Options

They had been regular for a few months though, that's what's frustrating, I'm gunna buy the clear blue digital ovulation test with 20 test strips and some conceive plus but that's nearly £50 so can't do it every cycle 

My cousin is autistic Mrs fish with aggressive issues and very little speach, my auntie was 18 when she had him and went on to have 4 more children after him, I defo have a lot of respect for you 

• Options

Hmmm mrsrees, have you had tests for hormone function? Maybe there's an imbalance going on at the mo? Or maybe just completely forget about ttc for a while? I've heard that tends to do the trick 😂 

Mrsfish im with mrsrees on that one, hats off to you! 🤗

• Options

Ele he has ADHD as well as Autism, so we have a double whammy - they think it was caused by his Prem birth - so it super scares me to go early again....He is home now and in good spirits, he has sorted things out with his gf, and I have gently mentioned that it may be good to speak to a therapist about coping Strategies when things go bad - his intial response was no, but it will take a bit of gentle encouragement for him to come round to the idea. 

I am 27+1 last time I delivered at 29+4, so every twinge scares me, they are definitely slowly increasing, if it gets too frequent I will go to maternity unit - I am seeing consultant in a week so will discuss with her.....

Little lady is super active, I think she has spent the day doing what feels like somersaults inside - It must be because she is getting bigger I can now feel so much more than a couple of weeks ago - most jabs are down low in my pelvis area,  I have never felt much up high, but think that’s because I have an anterior placenta.  

I cant believe you are almost 34 weeks!! Time is flying for you, it is Uber exciting, if you hold on 1 more week, she wouldn’t even need to stay in hospital - wow, it’s getting very real.....

Mrs Rees it’s really tough trying to conceive, and super stressful on both of you if it doesn’t go to plan, have faith and maybe have a month off Dtd to give OH a break, but you can still track what is going on your end? 

I’m in Kent, we have had a lot of sleet and snow Today, nothing has settled though, but its been super cold.......

Mummytolily how did lily behave for the rest of the day? 

• Options

Elexox I'm in Scotland. We live near a refinery so normally get nothing. About 4 inches today but the surrounding areas have 10-12 as we always sit a few degrees warmer. 

I complain but come summer I'll be desparate for it back! 😂

• Options

HI ladies I’m 6+2 I had spotting yesterday and back pain, still have the back pain today 😩 this is how my miscarriage started the last time but I also had spotting during my pregnancy with my son. Anyway I’m going to try and get a doctors appointment this afternoon. I took this test about 15 minutes ago, the top one is last week and the bottom one today, I think today’s one looks lighter 😩image

• Options

Elexox I cant wait either! Just desperate to know now 😂 5 days! I’m absolutely petrified something is wrong ☹️ I’ve text Midwife to see if I can come in this morning to listen to the heartbeat doubt she’ll even reply tbh! I’m worried about going to the scan on Saturday and finding out there’s no heartbeat in front of everyone ☹️ Especially lily! 

Mrs Rees has it turned into a full period? No chance of implantation bleeding? 

Mrs fish she was an angel the rest of the day and then turnt into a little nightmare before bedtime stomping her feet 🙄 that’s one thing that really gets on my nerves and anything she demands has to be done NOW! I’m dreading when she’s a teenager 😂 hopefully today shes a good girl! 

Mrsb send the snow down south we could do with some! 😂 

Alijo definitely try and get yourself a doctors appt if you can but like you say you’ve had bleeding in a successful pregnancy, I don’t think your test looks any lighter and they do get darker when the tests dry out which could be why you think last weeks looks slightly darker, I wouldn’t take any more tests now if I were you they are both really strong positives and it’ll only cause you worry if they do get slightly lighter but it could be caused by anything :) try not to worry! 

im 15+5 today I feel like I really need to hear baby’s heartbeat I’m so worried that something is wrong ☹️ Fed up with feeling like this now I really thought it would go after my scan but clearly not ☹️ I’ve text Midwife shall I possibly try and call her Or gP?  I dont want to annoy her 😂

• Options

Mrsfish, oh gosh i understand why you're freaking out so much, hopefully the mw can check you over and reassure you that She'll stay put longer than your son did 🤞🏼 Oh really I didn't know that, I thought you had to be 37 weeks for them to not need to stay in? I guess it depends on the baby as they're all different maybe... 

Mummytolily, I did have those concerns too but I already had a doppler at that point so I listened the night before and that gave me reassurance that things would be ok at the scan. It sounds like you're still really struggling, is definitely recommend getting a Doppler. I've only ever not found HB once and that's because I was doing it wrong lol had a google and bingo HB straight away... the worrying doesn't go in afraid mummytolily but you'll learn to cope with it better. I've finally stopped worrying when I got to about 32 weeks. That must seem like a lifetime away but just keep going, you're doing it so far and so is baby 😁

MrsB wow must be really cold up there this time of year! Do you get a decent summer too then? I've never been to Scotland! 

Alijo, tests look good but definitely see a doctor, they might be able to refer you for an early scan. Or visit your local epu. Fingers are crossed for you that it's nothing! 

• Options

Hi ladies! Im freaking out! Jusr had call from antenatal clinic sayint NT screenint came back low risk for all but hormone PAPP A came back a little low, so i googled it! Big mistake! Xxx

• Options

Sorry bobble I have no knowledge on hormone PAPP A, ahh google is the worst... maybe call the mw and ask for more info? 

• Options

I love seeing all the bump pics! Really Gives me hope 🙌🏻Youre all looking gorgeous! 

When did everyone say nausea kick in? Im 5w4d and only slightly dizzy every now and then. My cramping has stopped, the odd ache here and there! I’m also having Crazy dreams- mostly (major tmi) sexual ones!!! 

Is this normal!? I’m thinking maybe because me and husband haven’t had sex since we found Out, maybe I’m horny!? I’m just so nervous I don’t want to do anything to disrupt what’s growing down there lol 

i have a scan in a week to see if the sac they sae has turned into baby. Already a tad nervous but trying to keep my mind Off it! 

I agree with talking to your doctor,with spotting or anything, always better to ring EPU then be worryign and googling! 

Xx

• Options

Thanks for the lovely comments about my bump 💗

Elexox I can't believe how close you are now! Loving all the gorgeous clothes you've packed for you little girly! 💗😍

Mummytolily I'm glad Lily got a bit better for you. Try not to stress too much - easier said than done I know! Can't wait until you know if you're 💙 or 💗. I think 💗!

Mrs Fish Amelie is beautiful 😍 would you shorten it at all? Glad to hear your son is being a bit better. I hope he can get some more help like you've suggested to him. I also hope you got the flood sorted - nightmare!!!

Mrs b it snowed a bit in Warrington yesterday but didn't stick (north west England). Make sure you take it slow in the snow!

Whale chick I can't believe how close you are to the 2nd trimester!!!

Mrs Rees I agree with Mrs Fish - ovulation tests and a mini break to get busy haha but to just enjoy it so it doesn't seem so much like a chore if you get me.

Alijo ring your gp or epu to see if they can see you to put your mind at ease. Tests look good though. I had some spotting early on a 4 and 6 weeks and I'm now 30 weeks so try not to worry until you've seen someone.

Bobble I'm really sorry I have no idea what that is but definitely ring the midwife if you're concerned. 

Ria I had nausea from about 7-11 weeks. We've only dtd a handfl of times since finding out because I've been so nervous and not at all in the 1st trimester lol. Poor hubby! He's dead good about it though which is good. 🤞 for your scan.

Right I think that's me all caught up now! There's so many of us now, it's great!!! 30 weeks on Wednesday - can't believe I'll be 3/4 of the way then 💗

• Options

Thanks ladies I have an appointment with Gp at 2.20 so nervous. Elexox  I had a Doppler from 12 weeks with my little boy I loved it, 

• Options

Hi everyone, sorry for interrupting. We just wondered are you having any problems posting on the forum from mobile? If so, please do come and let us know on this thread here. We'd really appreciate it. 

• Options

Hi ladies, i had an early scan this morning as because of what's happened in the past. I had an internal one and seen little bean and the heart beat. I'm 7 and half weeks. I'm sick every morning and feel it throughout the day especially if i don't eat. Hope everyone's alright xx

• Options

Emmaloulou that's fab! 

Ihad one at 6+4 but have one booked for this Saturday privately at 8+6 as we need to tell our parents but want to check up on everything first :) Seeing the heartbeat is such a relief isn't it?

• Options

Lisl we will probably shorten to Millie-Mai, so we are thinking Amelie-Mai  I wanted to use my Nan’s name Hazel, as we were really close, she was my main carer as a young person, but Hazel just doesn’t go so well as Mai.  Maybe we will go for 2 middle names lol. 

The boy has spent all day in bed watching TV, when asked to do some studying he has sworn at us - I have tried to talk to him, but have been told to F off as I am stressing him out and he will smash up his room if I keep on 😔 So not happy with him!!

Another flood today, our bloody house is like something from the Money Pitt - we have a big old Victorian house that really needs a lot of expensive work - rewriting, plumbing etc, but hubbie has to do it all as we can’t afford to pay professionals- he is an engineer so is good at all sorts luckily!  However he isnt doing so well with changing the sink in the room that will be the nursery....

Emmalou, fab news about the scan - it’s going quick for you 😁

Mummytolily, I think there is a certain amount of PTSD involved in seeing a passed bubba on a screen, I don’t think the fear leaves you until they are bigger and moving loads - which for me was around 23 weeks I think - but still had worry days until recently as I tend to feel her bashing me every hour or 2.....Are you still feeling regular movements? 

Ria I had super erotic dreams, that would make me blush when I woke up!!  I still have a ridiculous high sex drive compared with before, but was on vagina rest for almost 20 weeks Due to the complications with losing one of the twins and bleeding for 12 weeks, luckily hubbie has been fine without and a bit less keen, but accommodating with the amorous me lol 

Bobble do let us know what Papp hormone is, when you find out 

• Options

MrsB what could you see at 6w4d? That’s how far along I’ll be with my scan next week and I’m not sure what to expect! will there be a chance that the heartbeat hasn’t started yet? 

Thanks Lisil- I think I’m being impatient as my sickness started at 6 weeks at least! 

• Options

Mrsfish our messages crossed! 

Thank you for sharing! I’m glad its Not just me lol feel bad cause I don’t want to do anything till after the 12w scan. Last time we did it at 9w and now I know that baby had already passed at 8w (I didn’t find out till 12) just makes me feel awful that we were having sex. Silly I know 😪 

so sorry about one of your twins- it must be such a mix of feelings- and the trauma of seeing a passed baby on the screen i agree is haunting. I’m dreading my scan next week!