Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Options

Mrsfish that is great news that everything is ok :) 

how is everyone today?

i got my appointment date, 7th of Feb. Only two weeks but I am so nervous that something is wrong that my partner said to book another private scan. So we are going this Saturday (earliest that was available). And I am so so worried that there isn’t going to be a heartbeat or it will have stopped growing after our last scan 😔 

• Options

Mrsfish so glad everything is okay! 

Whale chick that’s me, you & Mrs b having a scan on Saturday! I’m aure everything is fine! How many weeks are you now? 

16 weeks today :) 

• Options

16! Oh wow, you are flying along! Are you feeling any better? Did the midwife ever get in touch with you after you text her?

i hope everything is ok but I am struggling to convince myself. My partner is nervous too but wanting to reassure me. I think this scan is as much for him as for me. Fingers crossed for all of us on Saturday. I can’t wait to hear if yours is a boy or girl, mummytolily!

I will be 12 weeks on Saturday. 

• Options

I have had such a terrible week so far ☹️ I’ve lliterally had enough of work! it’s really getting me down! It’s all take and no give in that shop! i only Have a 12 hour contract because of lily but I used to do about 20-22 hours I used to do (before Christmas) 7-3 (or 4) weds 8-3 thurs & 7-3 (or 4) but they’ve now changed it to 10-2 weds thurs and Friday not because I’m pregnant but because all of our hours have been taken away, I absolutely hate those shifts they are not shifts for a pregnant person, I don’t get a break (yeah fine it’s obly 4 hours) but it’s over lunch time by the time I get home I either starve or don’t end up eating dinner because I’m pigging our when I get home! It costs me £45 to send lily to play school on a Wednesday to only earn about £35 🙄 I keep getting the mick taken out of me for going to the toilet every hour - hour and a half by the manager and assistant manager and it’s really getting me down! so I’ve asked if I can change my shifts to 9-3 on Wednesday and Thursday so I get a quick break, the area manager has said no! But yet the manager wants me to do 7-2 next Wednesday because she has to go to a meeting and expects me to do it because I’m the only one who will get up and be there for 7! Bladdy cheek of it! She said the area manager said no because itll Make 2 other people’s hours go to 3 rather than four and those shifts they have are overtime, and that’s not acceptable but my younger brother who works there is expected to work a shift that an hour and a half long for promotion change over! It makes me so angry I’ve been There over 5 years now and they treat you like a bit of poo! When I was pregnant with lily they told me I wasn’t entitled to maternity pay from them 3 days before I was leaving! im Just fed up with it ☹️ 19 weeks and I’ll be going on maternity leave! 

• Options

Excited for all the scans on Saturday!

I can't believe you're 16 weeks already mummytolily!!! It's flying by!

And 12 weeks on Saturday Whalechick that's fab! I'm sure everything is fine but I know what you mean I still worry now!

• Options

Mummytolily out posts crossed. I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time 😔 can you eat a small meal before and after your shift? Not ideal i know but you need to keep your energy up xx

• Options

Whale chick what time is your scan? & no the Midwife never got back to me they’re useless! But I have been feeling loads Of movement the last few days so it’s put my mind at ease! Roll on 3 days! Can’t believe you’re 12 weeks on Saturday! The weeks are just flying by arnt they! 

Lisil I can’t really eat much in the morning because I still feel quite yucky first thing ☹️ So that makes it harder so by lunchtime I am starving! I manage to have a quick banana or a hifi bar whilst I’m there and that’s it by the time I get home its nearly 3 that’s ridiculous for a pregnant person to be eating that throughout the day 3 days a week, I dread it ☹️ Our break system is quite good at work anything over 7.5 hours you get an hour and 2 15 minute breaks so I’m used to having that and then going to nothing ☹️ 

• Options

30 weeks today! Can't believe I'm 3/4 of the way through now 💗🌈😍

• Options

Mummytolily that's really rubbish isn't it 😔 I hope your shifts start to get better soon xxx

• Options

sorry to hear your week is going so badly, mummytolily. It’s a bit rude of them to make a joke out of you peeing so much, but some people are just asshats. the weeks will fly by until you are on maternity leave and then you can forget about them and enjoy your pregnancy. 

I know, I can’t believe how fast everything is going, it feels like only a few weeks ago I was telling my boss I couldn’t do the heavy lifting. 

Awww your bump looks so perfect, lisl! 30 weeks is awesome!

• Options

Oh, and my scan is at 2:55, but better afternoon than waiting two more days. 

I cant believe your midwife never replied, I know they are busy but a call only takes a few minutes.

• Options

Lisil your bump looks great! Not long now! Thank you! The manager has said she’s gunna have A look again 🙄 

whale chick that’s what upsets me the most because I genuinely can’t help it as well as being pregnant I drink a lot! I have the hydratem8 bottles that have 900ml and I drink about 4 of those a day! It even said in my risk assessment that pregnant women use the loo more often and when they laughed today I said can I get a copy of that risk assessment to slap round your face 😂 I try and joke about it with them but it does upset me! I can take a lot of banter a lot a lot but that I seem to take to heart and I can’t help it! Yeah much rather have it a few days earlier! I’m wishjng it booked mine for today but I couldn’t really 😂 at the earliest we could do Friday because of oh work so no point changing it may as well wait now 😂 it’s driving me crazy! My younger brother has bet me a fiver that it’s a boy but he thought lily was a boy throughout my whole pregnancy even though we found out girl at 20 weeks 😂 he was still convinced until she was born 😂 I know right! I only wanted to go in to hear the heartbeat as well which is what 5 minutes at the most! Just shows they dont care really! 

• Options

Mummytolily - that’s so rubbish that work are behaving like that!! Let’s hope they can accomodate you better moving forward.  If I was you I’d take my phone to the loo and have a 10 min break 😉

Lisl bump and you are looking gorgeous!! 

Exciting news for all your scans coming up!! Can’t wait to see pics! 

I have mine Monday, followed by consultant looking Forward to knowing how big she is getting now - GTT and midwife tomorrow.

so please that we are near the end of Jan, every week is a week closed to D day and she grows stronger and bigger!! 

Ele how are you getting in?

• Options

Morning ladies, hope everyone is well 🤗

Mummytolily, I get what you mean about the smarmy comments. They offend me too lol, and it doesn't help when you're extra sensitive - thanks again hormones... I really wish people would just STFU sometimes! 🙄😂 crap that the mw didn't get back to you either, nice duty of care for a clearly anxious/worried mummytobe 🤔 I hope your scan on Saturday will give you a sense of things will be ok! It really won't be long until youre 20 weeks at this crazy rate hehe 💃🏻

Welcome to the 30s lisil, looking fab btw! Nice tidy bumpy 😊

2 more sleeps until your scans girls! Ditto MrsFish I cannot wait to see some babies 😍 Yes I'm super glad to be getting rid of January, I really really hate it... I hate february too tbh but at least it's a short month! I could be better, woken up with tonsillits this morning. That's round 2 since Ive been pregnant... fieat time I was 11 weeks and it was horrendous, out of hours doctor round and everything. I'm going to call the surgery in a bit and get an emergency appt as I'll need to start antibiotics before it festers anymore! 

On the bright side, 34 weeks yesterday, saw the mw, little lady giving plenty of kicks and bumps, with a nice happy HB and measuring the right weeks. My urine is clear of UTIs for once, hooray haha 🎉 And bp is good... next appt on the 7th when I'll be 36 weeks to discuss labour and delivery! Mw also said they'll let me labour in the pool but I just can't deliver in there as they need to see what's happening when crowning etc to minimise risk of tear and haemorrage again 😁 Feeling a bit more positive about it now! 

• Options

Mummytolily / Elexox - I'm too early for the comments at work, but my sister did say to be I'm 'acting up the sickness' as she's not even seen me vomit. Well no... Because if I can't move for throwing up that day, I'm hardly going to come and visit you! We also told our parents as they were getting suspicious and I must have heard about a dozen comments like 'you should try crackers!'. Like thats not something I would try before getting meds!

Lisl your bump looks fab! I hope I actually get a bump, I'm overweight so it might just make me look even more like I've had too much cake!

I'm so excited for my scan on Saturday! Got my hospital scan letter through this morning and my dating scan isn't until I'm 13 weeks - feels so far away. I'm actually feeling a lot better today so worry is sneaking in. The puppy has gone into heat so was driving me mad whining and getting blood everywhere until I put her in pants and now she's under the table in a huff! Happy Days! 

• Options

On another non ranty note - how are you all?

• Options

Ele 34 weeks! I can’t believe how quick it is going, and Lisl 30!! 

I have had a better day, my back/hip pains have been less, and have worked from home this arvo, so been lazy on the sofa and watched TV - along with doing some admin....going to brave yoga tonight - kill or cure!! 

MrsB, made me chuckle - got to love the meaningful but slightly patronising comments lol 

• Options

I'm a little worried tonight as my symptoms have all but disappeared. Im 8+4 and I know the placenta starts taking over a bit more this week which could be causing it. Should I try not taking my HG tablets to see if it's still as bad? 

Terrified it's going to be the same as last time, but I suppose I'll find out on Saturday one way or another

• Options

MrsB I had days where symptoms were much better than others, I think I read something about hormones evening out every few days, perhaps see how you you feel tomorrow, you may well feel like crap again XX 

• Options

MrsB, I have been the same recently, my symptoms keep easing off and I get worried, but the next day they come back with a vengeance. Today, in between looking after a sick dog, going to the teenagers school, and dropping off/picking up my partner, I have slept because the nausea is so bad I can’t even move. And my partner keeps trying to feed me but everything smells horrible :( 

i really can’t wait until we can admit why I have been so ill lately, I feel like people are starting to think I’m just being picky with my foods.