Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Options

Emmaloulou grear news!

Mrs Fish I love that. Our little girls middle name is the same but spelt Mae as that spelling is a shortening for Margaret - my nanna's name. Sorry to hear about your son. It must be so hard 😔  and another flood! You're really not having an easy time at the moment 😔

Ria it'll ease eventually but I know what you mean I just wanted to feel better when I felt crappy.

• Options

Ria I had an internal scan as I wasn't able to keep the water down. They said you're more likely to see stuff that way. The heartbeat was very clear for us, but I'm sure I read it sometimes doesn't show on scams until 7 weeks so it all depends.

Maybe ask for an internal?

• Options

EmmaLou, that's really great news!

Lisil, I know it's crazy ive got a matter of weeks left really... but I'm starting to really worry about labour and delivery... I'm down as high risk because of a postnatal haemorrage with my first - to put it bluntly, I nearly died from the blood loss 🙁 He was a very healthy 8.5lbs... consultant at 23 weeks this time said this bub will likely be bigger 😩🙈 they said they can't have me tear again but how am I supposed to birth an 8.5lbs plus baby without tearing! God help me 😰😓 

Any mummies here who had an easier time second time round? 

Ria, you should see a HB, it starts at 5 weeks 😁 

• Options

Oh gosh elexox no wonder you're starting to worry. I really hope that doesn't happen this time for you 🤞 x

• Options

Elexox I am still struggling ☹️ Managed to get hold of gp they said they’d get the Midwife to call yeah of course she never called! They just don’t care I’m almost half way to 32 weeks 😂 

Bobble i also don’t know what that is ☹️ Hope it’s nothing serious? 

Ria I’m sure those sorts of dreams are very normal, my nausea kicked in around 6 weeks 

lisil eeeek not long now 5 days! You girls will be the first to know xD! All of my family think pink to! We will soon see xD 

Alijo how did your appt go? 

Emmalou so glad your scan went well! What does that make your due date? 

MrsB what time is your scan on Saturday? Mines 9:45am so nice and early 

Mrsfish I bet ☹️ I keep thinking of my lost baby he was a fully formed baby so hard to think of him laid in his little coffin ☹️ Must be so Difficult for you seeing Both on the scan but just think baby girl is being looked after 💗 I cannot wait to feel regular strong movements! I feel tiny little movements still every couple of days sometimes more than other times but it’s hard because I can’t guarentee if they are definitely baby movements! I really feel for you with your son ☹️ It must be such a difficult situation and I really hope he changes soon! You saying about your flood reminds me of one of my only memories of my dad i was laid in bed one night and he was up in the attack and all of a sudden this foot came through my ceiling and all I hear is bollocks 😂 I must of been about 5/6, sorry to hear about it though extra added stress I hope oh fixes it soon Also love the name amelie I think we are quite set on Amelia for a girl atm So very similar :) 

• Options

She didn't tell me the due date she just said i was 7 and half weeks. She did an ultrasound first but my bladder was that full she was struggling to see, did see the heartbeat but then she suggested internal so she could check to see if everything's in the right place and checked my overias xx

• Options

I love the nAmes amalie and Amelia :) husband didn't like Amelia and my sister in law was going to call her son Amalie if he was a girl 😍 He's jack now though 

about to spend £50 on baby making stuff conceive plus and clear blue digital ovulation pack, someone keep me from dying of loosing too much money....

• Options

Aww Mrs Rees it's a lot but will be worth it when you have your rainbow 👶🌈 

• Options

Mrs Rees the month I used Preseed and clear blue Ov was the month i fell- so well worth it in my opinion!! 

It’s much harder to see little twin on the screen now the other one is getting so big - she is taking up all the room! They had to search at the 24 week one, but did find him in the end. 

Still struggling with my Butt pain and cramps/ligaments, went to yoga which was great until relaxation at the end and then struggled to get up as backside felt like a knife was stuck in my left cheek - will call midwife about it I think, as I still haven’t sorted out my MATB1, I’m not due to see her until 31 weeks for some reason - I haven’t seen her since 24, so not sure why - maybe coz I am seeing consultant instead? To be honest midwife is useless, I have only been 3 times including booking in, and has been someone different each time, and had to explain lost twin etc to all of them.....I f I could afford it I would have got a private one or doUlla.

mummytolily, it really won’t be long until you fee movements every day, hang in there x 

Ele how scary, I’m not surprised you are getting anxious!! Giving birth is super scary at the best of times, but with your history, I would be in a real panic!! Have they offered you a c section or discussed it?  A big bubba is also scary - if I go term i am expecting A 9+lb hubby was 10lb and I was 9.2lb. - so sort of hoping that I get to 37/38 weeks and then deliver....

• Options

Just out of my pre-booking! Midwife confirmed a due date of September 2nd and I have my notes folder - all feeling real :)

Unfortunately I'm hard to get bloods from so have to go back to the phlebotomist in an hour, see if she has any more luck with the red stuff.

Mrs Rees - hopefully the £50 is worth it and this will be your month. It seems to have worked well for so many people.

Elexox - can't believe how soon you'll have your baby in your arms! I can understand why you're nervous with your history. I'm sure everything will be fine this time around - I'd imagine they'll be extra careful this time. 

Sorry I totally forget who asked (cringe) but my scan is at 1:30 on Saturday. Bricking it a bit, even though there's nothing to indicate a problem.

• Options

Thanks for your reassurance ladies... I should take my own advice and think of the things that can go right instead of going wrong again right? 😂🙄 I hate it when you need to take your own advice 😩 

MrsFish I'm hoping I go early at 37/38 weeks which would mean mid-end of feb! That's scarily close lol, my baby shower isn't until the 10th Feb, I'll be 36+3 then so hopefully she doesn't surprise us before then lol! They've not mentioned a c section and I'd prefer not to have one if possible. But if it's absolutely necessary then of course I'll comply 😓 

MrsB and mummytolily I can't wait for your scans! I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine, 4 more sleeps!! 😁 MrsB glad booking appt went well, awww a lovely autumn baby 🤗 

Mrsrees, I spent RIDICULOUS money on opks, temping, charts, preg tests you name it, but looking back shes worth every penny! Also, ive got no experience with it but I've heard loads of good things about preseed! Maybe give that a go if you really can't take your mind off ttc? I have the glow app (currently in pregnancy mode of course) and loads of people on the community say they were trying for months with no luck then first cycle using preseed they got their bfp! 

Anyone else picked up their free mum-to-be bounty pack? I'm outraged by what's in it!!! A poxy sudocrem tub that'll literally cover 1 cheek and a pregnacare pen (that I've already got 🙄) and a bunch of useless "money off" vouchers that I'll never use! When I was pregnant with DS the bounty pack was full to the brim of really good samples and other very useful bits and bobs! Very trivial but can't believe how much they've cut back 😲

• Options

Mrs Rees, I used the dual indicator ovulation digital test the month I got my BFP with the first baby- I also used it a few months before that and it gave a really good accurate way to see when I was ovulating. I also did a cheapie test on the days I got a positive to check and it’s all matched Up! 

fingere Crossed xxx

• Options

I had a scan today I’m measuring a few days behind my dates but saw the heartbeat so all looking good thankgod. Im just 6 weeks and the doctor started me on baby aspirin. Anyone else on this? I’m going to go back through the posts now to see what I’ve missed x

• Options

Alijo congrats, that fab news! No knowledge on baby asprin sorry x

• Options

Yeah your right girls it's deffo worth the money getting them, nature needs a bit of help apparantky so will give it all the help I can :) 

• Options

I am on aspirin, I think it Is meant to thin the blood - they decided on age/weight that i fitted the criteria.....

i have been in antenatal triage for 3 hours (not seen yet) as I had a bleed and some rather strange looking CM - a bit like pork pie jelly (gross tmi!!) 

pretty sure all is ok as no contractions, but they wanted me in- obviously low priority, but will need an anti D, so will have to stay put.  I think it might have been trigger by dtd 😳

• Options

Oh mrsfish, I hope you're alright and get seen asap! That's really not what you need amongst the other stresses... hmmm maybe dtd has disturbed your cervix slightly? 

• Options

How many weeks are you MrsFish? She just said she putting me on it due to previous miscarriages. I’m o neg too had to get anti D so many times during my last pregnanc. Hope all will be ok 

• Options

Yay, on my way home :-)  All looks ok, cervix is closed, they think pains might be SPD 😔 - BP was high and had traces of protein - midwife was furious that they told me I didn’t need to see community midwife until 31 weeks - so have to get midwife app for fri to recheck, urine and bp

I’m 27+3 Alijo.

• Options

Ahh thank god mrsfish! Xx