Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Expecting #1 - looking for friends

123457»

Replies

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - my scan went well, the fibroid only grown a little bit so I was very pleased about that and our little girl has lots of space to grow so there should be no problems :) 

Lizzielouise - I got to enjoy my snack yesterday and it felt so good that once in a while I actually enjoyed food :) with regards to my MW appointment not much was happening, she just took my bloods for 2 trimester screening (as we could not get the NT at our 12 week scan), bloods for blood count and urine check :D nothing extra apart from that.. 

How are you ladies feeling?

• Options

Heyy everyone, its been a while since we all caught up.. So i just thought i would check in to see how everyone was getting on As i know the end is nearing for some of us I hope everyone is doing well let me know xxx

• Options

Hey can’t wait to be a momma 

well girls I have been busy I went in to labour at 35 weeks so my little one was born early on the 24th of July she is now 6 weeks old on Tuesday. 

We got home the next day as she was doing great and I had the steroid injections to strengthen her lungs for her early arrival.

i was in labour for 3 days so was glad when she finally made the apperance Lol

This is her just the other day 😁

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - I was away for soo long, I was finishing my dissertation, moving up half Europe and now that I have finally completed the viva for my degree last week I am down with tonsillitis.. apart from that I am feeling well, our little girl is doing fine, kicking and growing :) but I still have such a tiny bump :D currently 31w1d yaaay :) what about you?

Lizzielouise - I hope you and your little girl are doing fine, did your partner come to his senses after she was born? It is amazing how fast the time flies, she is very cute :) 

• Options

LizzieLouise- Omg how adorable is she, so exciting i cant believe she arrived already that jus sums up how close the date fr my self is coming 😁 you have been welll and truely blessed and im glad you are both doing well after embarking on your new journey together sending lots of love and positivity💕

Everness- Ooo sounds like you have been busy glad you and your little one are doing well it jus seems like the time has flown! Me and my boy are doing well thank you hes growing nice and healthy 32+3 atm with quite a noticeable bump that i fall in love with more and more everyday! Ive not long left at work and im super excited for his arrival. Are you all prepared for her x

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - I am glad all is well for you :) today a guy asked me if I want to jump the queue at the tills he only had 2 things so I told him thanks but did not do anything :D only thing that got me thinking is if I looked so sick or pregnant that he asked me that :D do you have any pregnancy photoshoot booked? :) oh and I don’t have anything apart from pram for her :D as I am waiting to get things from my family clothes etc and then start to organise it and buy what is left, hopefully I will start sorting that out next week, but I am starting to freak out in case something early will happen, but my cervix is nice long and shut so I hope no problems will arise in due time :D 

• Options

Thanks guys 

everness he came to the hospital the day she was born for 5 minuets and has seen her a hand full of times he just doesn’t seem interested but he is the one missing out. 

Thats her 8 weeks today had her first set of injections yesterday and I was heart broken at her screams and she just screamed all day but thankfully she seems better today. 

Not long for both use now but its true they come when they want to like look how early she wanted to come lol 

• Options

LizzieLouise-She just couldn’t wait to meet her mama😁 she’s totally adorable and he will only be filled with regret when its all to late! Cant understand men who act like this seems to becomin more n more common but it seems as tho ur both doin well n thats all tht matters!

Everness-Lots of people ask me at work wen im due just a reminde that i am very very pregnant, na not bothering with a photoshoot i dont think weve managed to get lots of nice photos of our own!

oh gosh that would reek havoc with my stress levels we hav everything down to  the nappy sacks :D and the nursery is set up everyday we jus stare into his little wardrobe we wanted to be prepared for his arrival at anytime.

• Options

lizzielouise - I am sorry to hear that he is missing out so much, but you have all her love for herself! 😃 it is 8 weeks of her for you and almost 8 weeks for me to go to meet our little girl 😃 or we will see about that, when will it happen..

CantWaitToBeAMomma - I wanted to have one, as I really like some professional ones, I am going to have it done on 4th October 😊 I really love the style of the photographer and she will also do a newborn shoot for us so it will be awesome.. with regards to stuff I have just spent few hours writing down what I need to do in flat and then what to pack for labour and then what we need for our girl.. it is a lot, but I hope to have it done in 2-3 weeks so then I will be prepared for her anytime.. hopefully that will happen and then she can come whenever she is ready.. only just my hubby should make the cot and that will probably be the last thing standing, buuut even if that would be problematic, she can always sleep in her pram which is safe for overnight sleeps

• Options

Everness- Youve definitley got your work cut out then, i’m quite organised with everything generally else i get stressed out. But now everything’s organised i can put my feet up and relax. How long are you working up until? 

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma- I am same, but this is the earliest I can do this.. I am soo looking forward to putting my feet up and relaxing (so many books I want to read before birth 😂) I am not working as I just officially finished my Master’s degree last Tuesday so I am free from then 😂 what about you? :) 

• Options

Everness-Im sure you will get ther all in good time, are ypu having a baby shower? Ive got my eye on a book or 2, ive been reading a pregnancy book though atm. ohh thats good then gives you enough time to do what u need to. And i’m finishing at the end of the month i cant wait 😁

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma- I have been reading pregnancy book throughout the pregnancy, but I always read the actual things like for 1st trimester and then wait until second etc so now only labour and birth is left :D but I want to wait to read that when I am ready for her arrival.. I am not sure about baby shower, my friends would be up for it but I am not so sure... I will see how it goes later on and maybe have it maybe not. What about you? That is great that you are finishing soon, will your OH be taking time off when your baby arrrives? :) and do you have name yet?

• Options

Everness-Yeah im having one, a good friend of mine has planned it all for me so tht will be when im about 36 weeks pregnant so not long, really looking forward to it, as I haven’t had to plan it myself i just get to enjoy the day. Yeah OH will b taking quite some time off between his annual leave and maternity that he’s entitled to so its really exciting will yours? Yeah hes had a name before we new the gender as we had chosen names for boy & girl from early on, just keeping it a secret until he arrives as its not a common name. What about your self?

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma- that sounds great :) I am not sure If I would need to organise it or if they would, but I will start “worrying” about it when I have all my important stuff done (started with deep cleaning flat today although I am still without voice, My energy levels are better and my mum is coming over with baby clothes from my almost step sis tonight too :D). I am glad your hubby can take time off :) mine has his own business and he works from home so he should be around most of the time :) he already started to tell his clients that in November he will be sort of on a low working side due to our little one and everyone is understanding, so hopefully it will go well. We have chosen the names before we stsrted trying 😂😂 and also trying to keep it on low side, as it is rare name, but where we are from people yet don’t choose so many foreign names so my few close friends know and family ☺️