Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 4

Replies

• Options

Ladies we splashed out on a Mama’s and Papa’s system - she screamed in the carrycot, so we had to pick her up and carry her every time we tried her in it, so just ended up using car seat in the frame.  The frame is bulky.  We have now purchased a Doona and totally love it!! 

https://doona.shop/

Of course everyone’s need are different, but it is great for nipping here and there, and for us using on the trains and tube.

glad all your scans went well, was thinking about you steffy and kept checking to see if you had posted xx 

• Options

Honeybee please ring labour line just to be checked xx

• Options

Honeybee,

I has terrible pains on one side at around 10 weeks and apaprently it was round ligament pain where your uterus is growing. Is it like a cramping or a sharper pain?

its always calling your midwife or 111 to get some peace of mind from a professional though x

• Options

If it's still going on tomorrow I will contact my midwife (she's a family friend) trying to be positive and not think the worst to much.

Hoping it's all normal

• Options

I’m sure everything will be fine Honey. You’ll be extra anxious with the timing. I bet your body is just stretching and growing.xxxx

• Options

Unless you’re bleeding discharge please don’t worry Honey. I have cramps at 9 weeks too they’ve calmed down now and I’m 10+2. It panicked me but kept telling myself I’ve been really busy with work and cramps is uterus expansion. As it’s stopped I’ve not rung the epu but if you’re still worried then do! Hope your scan goes well tomorrow and keep us updated xx

• Options

A bit of discharge but not blood coloured. Not as crampy today. Been sick loads and exhausted but looking forward to tomorrow's scan. X

• Options

Hi girls,

was there a rainbow babies page created?

hello to new girls, hope everyone ok. For those that didn’t know my story I had 3 concurrent miscarriages over the past 2 years. One at 11 weeks, the next at 10 weeks and the 3rd at 5 weeks.   I had no bleeding / or cramps / signs of anything going wrong at all for 2 of the miscarriages , But with my recent successful pregnancy I had so many cramps, pains, diarrhoea attack, bleeding twice ... and yet all was ok and I have a beautiful healthy perfect baby girl.... I just want to say this, as I know what the worry and anxiety feels like, but stay positive, what will be, will be- it may take more than once (unfortunately ... and sad to say, as in mine and many other women’s case) but you will get your beautiful babies too. I think the experiences we have definitely raises our sensitivity (naturally)to any slight feeling so it’s so hard to relax and enjoy but do try to, if you can especially in early days, try to take your mind off it by doing things you enjoy, if sickness etc allows that is!

Here is my 1 month old now, she’s been smiling since newborn but they are getting bigger and better every day! 

Good luck everyone, sending positive rainbow baby vibes xxx 

• Options

Also, if on instagram there are some great people you can follow that you might find helpful, have screenshot a post from today from mother pukka, and the Tommys baby charity link some might find helpful too? 

• Options

When I had my mmc I had no warning signs apart from loss if symptoms :( now pregnant again 12+6

• Options

My MMC was no warning signs, looking back i may have had loss of symptoms but not much. X

• Options

Omg oborne, she is 1month already?! Time is flying, but those smiles made me get all teary they are so adorable and happy! I hope you are both doing well. 

• Options

My miscarriage had nothing until I started bleeding, which didn’t last long and wasn’t heavy. This pregnancy I have had aches and pains and constantly worrying. Now I am 38 weeks, and baby is a healthy 7lb2oz (1oz less than my daughters birth weight and she was overdue!) and Ready to get moving...with a little help from me, lol. 

• Options

Oborne I can't believe she's a month old already!! And so gorgeous and happy x

• Options

IVE Just read that 1 in 4 people suffer with mental health, that’s the same number of people who suffer miscarriage....that’s crazy so much is being done for mental health and rightly so, lets just hope people start to do just as much for miscarriage which I’m sure could be a trigger for many men and women who go on to suffer with mental health also

• Options

True mrs rees, did you see the Tommys link? There might be support there you might find helpful? 

38 weeks whalechick- exciting!! 🙌🏻 Good healthy big bubba 

• Options

I am one of those 1in4 for both, I agree mrsrees, it's a big contributing factor. Not long now whale:) 

I'm really pleased with myself today I've achieved 3 meals and ate the lot :D time to fatten baby up 😂😂😂 start as we mean to go on lol, last night and today I've had stretchy pully feelings :) babies way of telling me it's doing fine? Either way I'm happy. I feel like a whale now after what I've eaten, shreddies for breakfast, half a pizza,chips, garlic pizza bread and an alcohol free cider for lunch, then ribeye steak,chips, peas and piccalo tomatoes for dinner!! 

image here is me & my bump today in our new dress :p xx

• Options

Also one in 4 for both 🙋‍♀️

And that’s the stats that are reported when people talk about it. Since having the mc I swear half the people I mention it to say ‘yep, me too’. And lots of people suffer in silence with their mental health too. I totally agree that miscarriage as a larger topic needs to be looked into and discussed more.

Bump is

looking fab Steffy! I’m quite jealous of your neat little bump!!

Eeee, Whalechick, not long now 😍

• Options

Also one of the 1 in 4 for both. 

Bump is so cute, you are gonna be one of those people I muttered about for having a proper bump, lol. 

Yes, I am hoping it won’t be long, trying walls and the exercise ball to help things along, and brought the pram down today and set it up, so everything is ready for her now. Oh and am also completely terrified now I realised I have to go through labour 😳 lol

• Options

Haha whale it's not solid lmao still flabby. Oh bless you! Yea she's gotta come out some how x