Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 4

Replies

• Options

My baby box has arrived 😍 I can't remember if any of you are in Scotland but I'd say it's defo worth getting one! I know a lot of people are of the opinion that you shouldn't take it if you can afford the stuff yourself, but I've paid my tax and NI since I started working at 16, so why not take it and I can buy those 'luxury' items I wouldn't have had otherwise! (Also, it's a 'gift for every baby's)

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Wow!! You get all that?? I live in England we don't get those :( shame because they look lovely xx

• Options

Crazy isn't it! I can't believe they've not rolled it out to the whole UK yet!

• Options

I know!! I'm actually jealous lol enjoy the treats xx

• Options

That looks amazing mrsb such a good idea 

• Options

Hi ladies :) hope your all well :)

Ive breifly caught up with chat but my brains a little mashed atm, baby rosie is perfect in every way, very nocturnal hehe!

Mummytolily harry is gorgous and love the name change!

Thanks for all the compliments on the name, middle name came from the amount of faith we had to have in the two years leading up to baby rosies arrival, you all hold such good faith too, especially you mrsrees, hoping foe more bfps soon xxxx

• Options

Wow nice box MrsB how exciting it arrived and it’s a lot things I’m it. 

Well my scan went well today all genetic abnormalities are normal in the first trimester a second scan is done around week 18-20. How sweet my baby girl kept her thumb in her month partictally all through the scan so adorable 💗 can’t wait to see her again. image

• Options

Glad your scan went well :) how many weeks are you? What are genetic abnormalities? She looks so cute 💗 I'm going to sleep now ladies please keep fingers crossed & pray & keep us in your thoughts for tomorrow morning, my scan is at 830 so 9 hours time. Going to be one of the longest nights :'( x

• Options

Steffyjane I hope you get some sleep! I'm sure all will go perfectly tomorrow but keep us updated :) x

• Options

Thank you steffy, definitely you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you get some rest. Oh I’m 13+4 and genetic test is looking for risk of Down syndrome although the panorama test does the same but during the scan they are looking at certain strutures of development 

• Options

Oh I see, I should be 12+5 today. I've been awake since 525 :( tried all sorts to get back to sleep, it's going to be a long day! So do you have that scan alongside the dating scan? 

• Options

Steffyjane normally they won't do it, unless you pay for it. Am I right in saying you're in the US Dee2Dee?(or did I make that up?) 

They'll offer you the amniocentesis test, but I declined as there's a risk of miscarriage with it. I think a lot of private clinics offer the blood tests but I've not heard of it on the NHS.

• Options

Good luck this morning steffy x

• Options

Dee what a beautiful scan picture. 

Steffyjane try to keep calm hun. I don’t have much option to think on the negative side too much as I have two princesses at home who certainly wouldn’t put up with mummy feeling sorry for her self to much. I allow myself a bit of time in the evenings when they are asleep but force myself to shake it off by morning. I’m still terrified and still have that doubt at the back of my head but that’s where it needs to stay. Good luck for today hun xxx

• Options

Thinking of you Steffy! x

• Options

They do the abnormaliti scan on the NHS. Its all done at the aamw time as your dating scan  What they do is ask if you want screening for downs etc. If you say yes they check certain features on your scan and also stuff in your bloods. You then get a high or low risk result in the post. If high they then offer you the needle into the amniotic fluid test. This is is England anyway :-) xx

• Options

Just to add the checks on the 12 week scan and the blood test aren't a certain yes or no its just low or high risk. You'll only be offered the next test which is the needle into the amniotic fluid is you're high risk in England.

• Options

Steffyjane what time's your scan hun

• Options

Morning ladies :D good news! I have a very active baby measuring at 12+4 :D they looked for abnormalities and didn't have any concerns but have my proper scan Monday so they will look in more detail , relieved is an understatement!! Xxx

• Options

Aw Lisil I thought they just checked the fluid on baby's neck at the scan. That said I declined so prob why it wasn't explained - the thought of amniocentesis scared me