Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help my 18 mth old wont sleep

Replies

• Options
    yeah same here seren will sip a bit of milk then refuse to have it all nite but wont settle tidy. she has been in a bad mood all day but has only had the 1 nap so im hoping she will sleep tonight still up at the moment going to try and get her ready for half 8 so i can have my food then im starving today eating all the time. you need to to what makes you happy and if you wont sleep anyway. im happy havin seren around me even if i need the sleep
  • Options
    well i did it. i went out. they nagged and nagged and to be honest i was ready to explode with stress. i have to admit i had a great night. gt a bit drunk and had a laugh. it was good being an adult for a change and have a conversation. didnt get in till 3 but as back up at 9 to go get her and surprise surprise the wee monkey slept the whole bloody night. is seren in a better mood now. what about af any sign.xx
  • Options
    seren is in a much better mood thanks had trouble putting her to bed last nite but she didnt have a nap all day so was over tired but slept all nite for me saddly my af arrived today without any pains but now its here im in alot of pain never not had any signs so strange looks like ill be trying again this month with you when are you due to stop the pill
  • Options
    oh sorry to here that. bloody thing sneaking up like that as well. i finsih pill around the 20th june. sorry maybe tmi but did you come off the pill before ttc. did you bleed for long when you finish or just same as usual.
  • Options
    we started ttc as soon as i finised my last pack and only had a 3day bleed when i finished the pack which was about right for me so im hoping this 1 wont be around too long
  • Options
    i take this be your first proper af. with chloe i didnt get a chance to have a proper one just had withdrawal bleed then fell preg. i used to be so heavy and in a lot of pain which is part of the reason i was taking pill in the first place. you know work is so boring today im dying to go home.

• Options
    yeah this is my first proper af i used to be heavy and very painfully before i had seren thats how i was on the pill at 15 im lucky i dont have to go to work right now if i did id be really board all the time was such a quiet job most of the time
  • Options
    we quite quiet at the moment. my boss is close to retirment and isnt really doing much to boost the business. i put chloe down about half hour ago but she been wimpering on and off so just wander what kinda night im going to have. i dint sleep at all last night which is just the way isnt it. coz chloe slept all night. im hoping she goes off and i fall asleep. last day at work tomorrow till sat.
  • Options
    seren was fussy going to bed tonight took almost 2hrs again, i hope you do sleep tonight cant be much fun not sleeping and then having to go to work i find it hard enough and dont work but im thinking i might need to just to have some sort of life back would like sometime to be becca not mammy plus i get so board at home all day on my own with seren maybe ill feel better when the sun comes out and we can go to the park more
  • Options
    you kow thats the way i was on sat night. i really thought i was going to sit in corner and worry about chloe (like i usually do when we go out) but i must have really needed to let me hair down coz for those few hours i was me and not mum. feel i need to do it a few more times before falling pregnant. although according to my cousin you let go a little earlier with the 2nd and 3rd.
  • Options
    im hoping i will learn to let go a bit more oh wants to go out for a meal this wk so i think i will go just for a few hrs ill make my mam happy cause she aint babysat for ages and is asking all the time when can she watch seren
  • Options
    thats what my mum and mil are like. i feel like seding her there just for their good not chloe's lol. oh says now that ive donei and relaxed for the first time we ging to the pics in a couple of weeks but i know i probably go through the same thing again. i do wish i could be more relaxed about it. ive got friends who leave there kids regulary to have time out. i just find it so hard.
    this might sound like a strange question but what size shoe is seren. im having to much bother getting chloe shoes for the summer. she is a 3 and not showing much sign of growing.xx
  • Options
    seren is in a 4.5 in clarks at the moment im sure the start summer shoes in a 3 there i know they are a little pricey but good shoes. im going to have to go out atleast once a month or ill never leave seren and will never have a social life without her
  • Options
    i think thats the trick isnt it. i suppose the more regular you do it the easier it gets.
    i took her into clarks 3weks ago to get doodles and some sandals. she measured her at a 31/2 and then said sorry doodles and sandals dont start till a 4. the only thing she could give me was a wee moccosin type shoe. which was lovely but i got her shoes in startrite only a month or so ago and they still fit so there wasnt much point in buying anything.
  • Options
    thats the only thing about shoes they do mostly start in a 4 im waiting for the sun to stay out b 4 i get a new pair for seren got a pair from asda for now and she loves them so might get another pair for the summer. im going to ask my mam later if she will babysit for me to go out if i do that ill have to go then
  • Options
    yeah you should do that then you cant go back coz your mum would be dissappointed.lol.

i just want some wee shoes that arnt too hot and she can play about in. some wee canvas ones like the doodle but i suppose i will need to wait.xx
  • Options
    sorted out babysitting with my mam for next wk so i have to go now thats the problem with most shoes starting in a size 4 and our little ones being small. seren is fighting goin to bed again tonight doing my head in
  • Options
    hiya. wasnt on last night was really ill. think ive had some sort of tummy bug. either that or its still the hangover.lol

i managed to get chloe some wee shoes today. it was just a wee cheap shoe shop but i figured with them just being soft canvas they cant do much harm. they were only ??4.99 so hopefully they do her a few weeks and we can get her measured for going her hols. how did seren settle last night. chloe was up at 3 but screaming about her mouth so we gave her calpol and she was sleeping again in 10mins so wasnt too bad. were you up to anything today.

are you looking forward to going out now that youve taken the plunge.lol
  • Options
    its great that you found shoes for chloe, seren was a pain to put to bed again last night slept 9 till half 12 then up till 10 past 4 and them back up at 7 tried everything but nothing worked i had to go back to the dentist for a filling today and my mouth is killing me they had to pack my mouth so they could do the filling seren had so much fun sitting on my lap watching them thought it would frighten her but she didnt want to leave lol. how was your day off 2day. im really looking forward to going out next wk now didnt think i would
  • Options
    sorry not been on for a couple of days. comp was playing up yesterday. do you know ive had the lazyest few days. ive done hardly anything. not that i could have if id wanted to. chloe been a nightmare really clingy not given me a minute. the only good thing is that she has dropped her morning nap so is sleeping for a good 2 hours in the afternoon. how seren been is she sleeping any better.

when are you offout. anywhere exciting.x