Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Winalot the sweetest or funniest thing your dog has done: £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• Options
    My fourteen year old Labrador,Ben, has always loved welcoming new babies into the family. If the babies cry he comes rushing to fetch you.
  • Options
    Our rescued one eyed, deaf, toothless Pug Ralphy has poor vision in his "good eye" too. He's followed my husband into the "special room" (utility) where his treats are kept.  My husband walked out but Ralphy lost him and stood looking at an upright box of cat food for a full 5 minutes waiting for it to move thinking it was my husband's leg!  He may have special needs but he makes us laugh EVERY day and has absolutely changed our lives for the good.  We are so grateful to have him.  
  • Options
    We had a fat pug and a sweet cavalier King Charles spaniel. When the sweet one died, the pug lined up his treats in a perfect row for a week following her death. And he loved his treats. Previously they never seemed to pay much attention to each other, but as her health went down he was very protective. <3 
  • Options
    RonniBarker loves icecream. Whilst visiting a local tourist spot we were heading off for a walk. A group of ladies had just bought themselves an icecream and were walking along the footpath towards us. Without breaking stride she popped onto her back feet, took  the icecream off the top of the cornet and swallowed it whole.

• Options
    Jonesy was entered into a Rally competition, level 3 is completed off lead and this was his first time in the ring at level 3. He was doing brilliantly until we turned a corner and he spotted the judge. He ran off to say hello then came straight back and continued like nothing had happened.

• Options
    My lovely Collie Dog is super loving and affectionate. When I was pregnant she would come and lick my bump and lay quietly neck to me while I napped. It was really calming given the raging hormones were making me very emotional.
  • Options

Solei is forever doing funny things, but this never failed to make me laugh....so much for the blanket being on the chair to protect it (slightly) from the dogs  :D
  • Options
    Jessie aka beary boo was walking beside a friend's dog now Jess no keen on the other doggys but she the most friendliest gentle giant in the world but as she being good knowing she was out when she think noone looking she gave the friend's dog a side growl it just how sneakily she was trying to be without being seen 
  • Options
    My pup Ziggy always knows when I am upset and he comes over and tries to nuzzle into me and look after me :) He’s also very protective over our little boy Noah ❤️
  • Options
    Merlin, our Red chow had a "thing" about rolling on his special treats - this included a boiled egg, and a jammy doughnut.  He so enjoyed the rolling, but could not understand where it had all gone when he went to eat it.  Baths had to follow, and jam and sugar is difficult to remove from red fur! We learnt a lesson!  But at the time, he did look so funny and sweet wriggling around on the food items.
  • Options
    Max knows my son is scared of the dark. Every night, Max slept beside him providing comfort and security.
  • Options
    My dog Oscar loves to learn new tricks and one day I taught him how to ride a skateboard. He was so excited to do this especially when he got treats too.
  • Options
    Our youngest son had to go into hospital when they were little for an operation, he had to stay in for a couple of weeks due to an infection.  When he came home our rescue dog Millie wouldn't leave his side, she slept at the bottom of his bed until he made a full recovery.  
  • Options
    Let me introduce you to Mills (aka Bud, Budda, Shadow)
    The best thing he ever did for me was save my life Literally!

So I suffered really badly from PND when my little one was born and I felt like the whole world was against me. I went for a drive one day with Mills and my then 7 month old in the car. I stopped on top of a bridge and was saying my goodbyes before getting out the car. He then proceeded to start crying and whimpering which wasn't like him.
    What ever thought I was thinking went straight to him and who would take him if anything happened to me (my son would of gone with his dad) for that reason, I knew I needed to be there for him and my son.

He was by my side for 13 wonderful years, until he fell asleep and took my heart with him :( 
    But I am a better person to my little one, because he made me realize just how much I needed to be there for him and for that I'll always be thankful that I got to call him mine, even if it wasn't for too long :(

Rest easy Mills <3 

• Options
    My dog Junie is so cuddly.  When I sit down on the sofa in the evenings she flops herself down next to me and rests her head on my knee - it's adorable and makes me feel so lucky.
  • Options
    We have a westie who is the most stubborn dog known but he is my mothers best friend, he follows her around like a shadow, he will not leave her side no matter what, when my gran passed away she was extremely upset and he stared at her with a little head tilt and gently went up to her and started crying with her and nuzzled her face and started licking her and cuddling her, it was the sweetest thing I’ve seen and shows how special a bond between a dog and owner is ❤️
  • Options
    One of the sweetest things I saw my dog do was in the aftermath of surgery (she had an emergency hysterectomy due to pyometra), as she was recovering at home I noticed that she started acting strangely around a toy she had. This latex squeaky pig that she’d otherwise been disinterested in, she started picking it up very gently and carrying it everywhere! Treating it like a puppy that she’d never had. 
  • Options
    My dog loves to shred tissues. We have to put any tissue boxes out of his reach because he loves pulling them out of the box and ripping them into tiny pieces. 
  • Options
    Hugo has a favourite toy a sloth called Slothy that he loves very much. He takes slothy everywhere with him, plays fetch with him and takes him to bed with him every night. I have to wash him regularly as he gets so filthy and Hugo gets upset when Slothy is on the washing line.
  • Options
    our retriever Brooke always helps mammy with the school run she fetches all the kids bags and leaves them at the door on school mornings!  She is so sweet, I don't know what we'd do without her she really is like Nana from Peter Pan!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions