Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options
    So pleased for you rebecca glad it's good news wonder if that fluid thing is what I had a haematoma they said to me it was like a bruise mine went away on it's own I also had a smaller one this time too which also has gone xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls :) xx

Rainbow yea I think that's what she said it was, she did say most of the time they resolve them selfs :) x

We think now we have seen the heart beat we are going to tell people, I feel like everything going on at work that I may as well tell family and friends then I won't care what they are saying at work becauae they didn't spoil it for me because I told every one before they did you kmow? Just don't want to let them win... And I mean if the worst did happen.. I wouldn't keep it to my self anyway... The family would know so they may as well know now, its also getting increasingly more difficult for me not to let it slip, its like I forget that people don't know 😂 xx
  • Options
    Also I have to go bk to work on Monday and I don't want to be sat there thinking I wonder who knows, I'd rather just tell them then they all know 🤷🏻‍♂️ I dunno lol don't kmow how to explain It but might as well tell xx
  • Options
    Yes I dont see a problem telling people earlier it's really hard to keep a secret I think most of my family knew before I got to 12 weeks this time except my dad as I was scared what he would say 😂 and generally I think people do keep a secret just incase of a loss but if you would tell people anyway I dont see why you cant now I know with my last lost a few people knew like close friends and family and it really helped me deal with it with having people to talk to and not having to pretend everything was fine and keep it to myself but you will be fine anyway I'm sure it's not so common to have a lose once you see the heartbeat xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, it's the annual MadeForMums Awards soon, and we're looking for judges to test out a variety of products for pregnant women, babies and parents (buggies! Wipes! Baby carriers! 100s of products!). To signup to be in with the chance of being a judge, please see Latest Discussions. 🤞
  • Options
    Hi hope you are doing well :) we went for a scan today a private one, I'm 10 weeks tomorrow my due date is 4th of June and got some pics of baba? Anybody getting a girl or boy vibe from them? X

• Options
    Aw hello little bean! No idea on boy or girl, I've never understood the whole nub theory thing 😂 
    Have you told Odie he's going to be a big brother yet? I know they don't really get it at this age but it's still cute ❤️
    Here's the latest picture of Hector being an adorable big brother...

He's such a cutie, even if I do say so myself. I can tell he's nearly 2 though, definitely asserting his opinions a lot. He's so cheeky and loves to make us all laugh by pulling faces. 
    I need to get him signed up for pre-school but think I'm only going to do one morning a week to start with as I don't particularly feel like I need time off from him yet. 
    X
  • Options
    Hector looks like such a good big bro what a cutie! We have told odin, like I keep saying "you excited about the baby? " or "you are going to be a big brother! " and he just replies with no no no 😂 so I don't know if he really knows probably not, he says no to everything I ask him atm. 
    I can't even bare the Thaught of sending him to pre-school.. I'm so nervous about leaving him, but I know he will probably love it x
  • Options
    Aww lovely scan pics @Rebecca1992 glad everything is going fine I'm totally unsure on gender I really wanted to try work it out with mine and I just couldnt didnt understand it Gracie has started saying sister pointing at my tummy but I dont think she really gets it I think come January she will have a shock 😂 

What a lovely pic @ThuperRah you can tell he loves his little sister I really hope and pray Gracie is this good 

I have signed Gracie up to nursery she goes 19th and 20th of december for two hours before starting in January she will be doing monday Tuesday and Friday 10-3 I am quite nervous about it and know I will miss her loads and probs be clock watching to go get her but I also think it will really help her and she will love it and if not I'll take her out till shes 3  babys coming january aswell and I hope she doesnt feel like a babys turned up and shes shipped off to nursery 😏 

Gracies not well again was up last night at one shaking and high temp then shes been quite up and down again all day and at 5 her temp was back up to 39.4 so took her out of hours think more for peace of mind and to get her checked over they were good with her and cant see any reason for being Ill so probs just viral hopefully she will be all better tomorrow poor baba xx
  • Options
    @Rainbowsunshine I hope gracie likes nursery and I know what you mean, I'm really concerned about odie feeling pushed aside when the baby comes like we are trying to get him in his own room but it's not really working and the longer it takes the closer to the baby coming and I don't want him to think we have shuvved him in his own room and got a new baby in our room :( I hope odie is a good big brother as well, he's generally kind and loving but does tend to be rough, bit worried if he stays in our bed that if the baby's in the next to me he might like crawl over and like pick them up or hurt them (accidently obviously) while we are asleep 🤔.... Oh dear I hope gracie is feeling better now, high temperatures scare me! Xx
    Oh yea about his hair 😂 he flat out will scream bloody murder if you try and cut his hair. It got to the point that it was far to long and was getting in his eyes so we had to cut it while he was asleep! And put the rain noises on the TV to drown out the sound of the clippers, as you can see nither of us will make hairdressers 😂 but had to be done.... He is also refusing to bath or shower and will kick off big time if I put him anywhere near the bath, hope it's a faze because it took 2 of us to get him in the bath for under a min for a quick wash... Both of us got soaked with his protest! 
    And the little chubbs stood on the table is just 1 of the dare devil things he does daily, if I react in shock he does it more so I'm trying to ignore it in the hope he will do it less, he was running back and forth on our bed, tripped and smacked his head right between the eye brows off the wooden edge of our head board, and the biggest bump came up right away it was like a cartoon! Didn't stop him, cried for a min then went right back to running (we stopped him 😂) we will need an annual pass to A&E for this one x

• Options
    Wow he must be a good sleeper to not wake up to the hair clippers 😂 glad you've been able to get it done 
    Cant be no help with the bath but I could just picture it I know when Gracie doesnt want to do something it's very hard to make her that can be something simple like getting dressed on a morning I'm out of breathe and need a ten min sit down after Haha luckily she actually likes the bath 

The other day I posted about her temp was terriable the out of hours people said just let her sleep through if she will without waking her up for calpol that was a bad choice that night she woke up being sick and shaking her temp was up to 41.4 was petrified gave her calpol and ibrophen and it came down we was up from midnight till 3 and slept on the sofa after that if it hadn't of come down was going to take her hospital but shes better now god knows what caused it 

😂😂 look at odin stood on that table Gracie is exactly the same a complete daredevil and the more I tell her no or take her away the more she does it 

Hows pregnancy going hope the sickness and tiredness isn't to bad xx
  • Options
    Yea he's quite a heavy sleeper, the clippers are quite quiet though. 
    Scarey stuff! I hope she's OK now!
    Yea pregnancy is going OK I keep feeling sick and light headed but it's usually at night! And the tiredness isn't to bad any more, I'm just over 11 weeks now so just waiting on my 12 week scan appointment to come through, I had a scan last week but I really want another one I just feel like somthing a not right and I'm probably just being stupid and scaring my self with missed miscaridge and worried the heart beat will stop but I'm trying to just chill and tell my self I'm being stupid.... Had my booking appointment yesterday and that all went well and I will be 16 weeks around Christmas week so will find out the gender and be a fab Christmas present :) not bothered what I'm having he nice to have 1 of each but be just as nice to have another boy and for odie to have a brother... Just want to buy stuff so want to kmow lol x 
  • Options
    Glad everythings going well and wow 11 weeks already bless you I was exactly the same then once I got past the 12 weeks I would start panicking again and like you just feel like something's not right I just try push it out of my mind I'm still like it now I'm 31 weeks now I've got midwife tomorrow so hearing the heartbeat will be good 
    Yes gender will be lovely either way for you I couldnt wait till my 20 week scan to find out was there by 16 weeks too xx
  • Options
    Thanks rainbow :) I had my 12 week scan today and I'm 13+3 today babe is doing good and I'm so excited to find out what I'm having, booked the gender scan for the 19th of December, I'm due on the 29th of May, hope you are all doing well :) here's a pic of baba, with odin I knew he was a boy at my 12 week scan I just knew and this time I keep flipping between boy and girl? Does this look like your girls scans? Xx

• Options
    Aww that's brillaint news @Rebecca1992 lovely scan pic I haven't a clue about the guessing side of things but I'd say does look like when I had a scan not long till you find out thou very exciting you will have to let us know 

I'm doing good everythings going great I've decided on a repeat c section so I'm booked in for the 7th of jan 6 weeks tomorrow and counting hope it goes quick althou i feel kind of nervous now it's all happening 

I had a scan when I went to see midwife as she was measuring bigger but scan showed she was 4lb and just the right size but shes still breech so they said usually your tummy measures bigger when there sat that way xx
  • Options
    Yup will defo come back and let you know what I'm having!
    The section will be fine and you will be holding your baby girl in no time :) I know what you mean though I'm nervous as well I'm planning on having another section but not decided yet x 
  • Options
    Been celebrating gracies 2nd birthday today where have these 2 years gone shes had a brillaint day think we both are worn out ha we got her a kindle which is great and shes been playing peppa pig bing and watching nursery rhymes on it it's the kids one so if it breaks even if she breaks it within two years they replace it 
     xx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry I missed this post, with the new group posting I completed missed this! Happy birthday gracie! She looks beautiful in her tutu, yea the kindles are fab arnt they, we got odie one for his birthday but he found it and when we took it at night he was having none of it 😂 we find out the gender today! 9am appointment Ahhhh so excited!! 💙 ❤️ I'm so emotional, think it's the hormones 😂 it's odies birthday on Wednesday and we got him a cake just one from asda but it wasn't flat (I didn't pack the bag, men 🙄) and when we got home it was a bit smushed and the bees little antennas had come off so iv attempted to fix it but yea just had a full on break down over a bee cake 😂 xx

• Options
    Eeekkk how exciting @Rebecca1992 looking forward to hearing what your having 

Oh no I'm sure Odin will be happy whatever the bee looks like thou 

Cant believe it's been 2 years already I was only thinking yesterday how tall gracies getting wish they would just stay little shes off to nursery on wednesday for a taster day well 2 hours so will be interesting to see how that goes xx
  • Options
    Got there and the machine wasn't working I'm gutted :( appointment been moved to Thursday now 

I know time has flown by he's so big now it's hard to believe he was ever a tiny little baby now xx