Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON 4

Replies

• Options
    Evening ladies, I've been reading about SMEP, is it as easy as it sounds? OPK's from CD10 and BD evert other until I get a +ve then BD for 3 days on the run, miss a day the BD on the 4th? Think I'll give it a go! CD2 for me so a long way to go yet, how are u ladies doing? x
  • Options
    Hi Shirls when did you get your +ve opk last month? As maybe you should start a little later on the opk's as you will waste them otherwise - are you getting the cheap ones off ebay though? as for a few pence it may be worth spending the extra to amke sure you don't miss you lh peak until you get a rythm of when you ov.

I'm still getting cramps too shirls but it's too early for ov for me I'm normally between cd12 and 15 for ov, today is cd9.

Hi Jay - hope you had fun at the hen do and b'day party, no drinking for you though! Urrgghhh :x , you need to get a t-shirt that says -mitt's off my tum!' - I don't know what that is about as it's horrible especially if it's some old perv! I wouldn't like that either unless is was some hot lad then I might not mind so much - in fact I might be all 'well if you feel abit lower you can feel it's............' ha ha ha :lol: omg I must be about to ov! Dog on heat again! image

Yes that's exactly right BC - Jay also did smep at my insistence when she finally got her bfp! I will always claim it was all down to me!!!

I start bding on smep tomorrow so wish me luck girls - jeez I have to get a bfp soon!!!! It's killing me and dh has a nice new super job so now I won't even have to work if I don't want to after the l/o is here!

On a o/t note I had my meeting today with HR and my bosses boss about my boss ( :\? confused yet?) and I think it went fairly well but he was not giving anything away about any other complaints etc. which I know they have had - so I guess we will see what happens. I also got moved out of my office at my bosses insistence and his new sidekick told my team while I was on holiday that they now report to him!!!! wtf! I believe that could be a constructive dismissal claim right there! Watch this space - they need to get rid of him or I'm off and I told them as much today too. It was really hard though to try and verbalize all the sneaky things he's been doing but I had several direct examples and email samples that I gave them and so I guess we will see what happens. I also had to tell them who else knew about it as they asked me directly - I felt abit uncomfortable about that but I thought well what harm can it do as it can only corroborate my story, so I told them who knew about the situation - I just hope that works out the right way :roll:
  • Options
    Morning, morning!!

Well the flood gates are well and truly open image boohooooo!!!

BUT.. I am moving on, can't change last month, but can do all I can this month! Bob.. Yes, I ov'd late last month, 6 days later than I was expecting too, so going to get some cheapos today off eBay.

Don't know your circumstances re job, but one of my girlfriends runs a hr dept, and she'd deffo be shit scared of a claim like that, espech as you do have forms of evidence!! Stay strong...! Awesome that you wouldn't have to work when lo arrives, I'm hoping I can get some accountancy work I can do from home, although my office is so flexible I can work from home a few days a week if I wanted to.. But when it's full on I do 17 hour days, so that'll have to stop lol!!

I have a mad month end to sort today, so might not be on much.. Have a lovely day ladies!!

Xxx
  • Options
    Right big pile of sticky babydust being dumped over your head BOB x oops sorry didnt mean to get it in your ear and that sparkly babydust is a sod to get out. ah well you'll just have to live with the extra babdust for a while! xx image
    So do you know when you find out about whats going to happen with your boss? I know these things can sometimes take time BUT sounds like you have a very strong case so might get sorted quite quickly!
    LMAO at the cute guy touching your tummy (or lower as you put it) hehehehehe you must definately be oving soon! tehe
    Just FYI girls - BOB always gets like a dog on heat around the time she is oving. Actually so did i so our conversations were extremely interesting when we were oving at the same time!
    BC - yep sounds like youve got the hang of smep already so just keep at it hun x
    shirls - boooooo to the ugly witch arriving but sounds like youve got good pma for this month x
    Frecks - hows all the planning and everything else going? Did you decide on the bigger dress in the end? x
  • Options
    LOOOL - me three ... and boy do I sulk if OH isn't "in the mood"!!

I have super PMA this month .. can't wait to get cracking with my cbfm - hopefully wont need it for long image

• Options
    hehehehe you sound just like me shirls with the sulking if oh isnt in the mood!! I even got to a point where i was like "you just dont fancy me anymore do you"!! He was probably thinking to himself actually no i dont when you act like a crazy lady! haha
    So when do you start using your cbfm? Isnt from day 5 or something? xx
  • Options
    HAHAHAAAAA..... OMG - I so said that to him a few weeks ago ... "You've gone off me haven't you" - what are we like!! He just rolls his eyes at me now LOL

Not sure when it will start asking me to poas, I set today as CD1 - so we shall see if it reaps reward!

I love your pic - how far gone are you?? xx
  • Options
    Hey girls,

Welcome to you Shirls and BC!! Congrats on the wedding BC. I'm getting married next month!

Glad to see you are okay too Laura. The search party was nearly on its way.

Sorry for being a bit awol. The house is upside down what with the kitchen and the new window in the front room. There is a layer of dust everywhere. I have been furious with the kitchen people....they put a sink in that must have cost ay most ??????40 and the tap wobbles back and forth if you touch it. I am so emotional now that if I had seen the guy yesterday I would have ripped his head off before bursting into tears. OH has the dreaded task of getting them to come back and change it
    pronto!!!!!

I am doing okay Jay. Not as constipated this week or nauseous but I think all is going okay. Boobies very sore and heavy now and really tired. I was worried that the lack of nausea this week was a bad sign but I did a CB digital tonight and Pregnant 3+ came up immediately. Did one last Saturday and it was 2-3 so looks like levels are still rising. I have turned into a mad woman tough. OH is getting the brunt. One minute I'm crying and the next I'm giddy. Not complainig though!
    Bob...I have total confidance that you will put that idiot boss in his place. Glad to hear that you had a good time on your cruise. OV time has come around really quickly!!!! Loads of babydust to you and I will have a word with "Sheila" (the little fertility doll my sister sent me image)

I stuck with the bigger dress. I feel uncomfortable now having things press on my tummy so it's proably wiser.

Anyway, off out to have dinner with my cousin who is over on business from home. Can't drink so I reckon I will have a massive burger to make myself feel better and worry about fitting into my dress(es) next month ;\)

xxx
  • Options
    Oh Shirls that sounds great working from home without grief from a boss as much as you can! 17hr days though - that sounds like my job! We're all going to get our bfp's this month!!!! Super pma all around!!!!! image

Ah jay the baby dust is lovely (I could imagine it falling as you sprinkled it) and I don't mind it in mind ear at all - it stays for longer that way! image

I don't know about my boss I am still having issues and have sent a couple more things over to HR today! My dh is furious and is looking for a lawyer for me!

Well we're up for the start of smep tonight but I'm very tired so it'll have to be a quicky! The ewcm has started so I know I ov in 4 to 5 days now. Frecks my af showed really early this month only 8dpo - not good but it just means I can start bding again sooner.

I couldn't stand anyhting on my tum either frecks even early on, it seems uncomfortable, maybe it's just as we get bloated. :roll:
  • Options
    Evening Ladies, this month sure is dragging. I still have to wait till next weds for my CD10 and the start of my opk's. Do i need to test twice a day? Could be a pain with hours at work etc? I was hoping to test once a day around 7.30pm. Is that an ok time or do i run the risk of missing it?? On a happier note, has everyone heard Penelope Cruz is pregnant? She be a first time mum at 36yrs old. Whoo hoo, hope for me yet! xx
  • Options
    Hi BC, I did do opk's twice a day to start as I wasn't sure when my rise would be but know I do it once a day anytime between 3 and 8pm ish and I usually get +ve's for 2 days with ov the day after the last +ve opk, so it's up to you if you have the cheapy opk's I would say no harm in doing it but if not I would say once a day should catch it.

Good on Penelope Cruz - that gives me hope too. image

Boy oh boy things are getting TERRIBLE at work, today I had a complaint filed against me by one of my employees and within the hour my boss, who I filed a complaint against, had removed my direct reports from me - no one has even told me what it's about! I am quite sure he has got her to do it by blowing things up and telling her to go to HR in retaliation for my complaint against him - it is completely unbelievable as I haven't even done anything wrong, have never had any complaints before now and then this all after I file a complaint - I get moved out of my office, get my reports removed from me and suddenly I too have a complaint against me - I've been in tears most of the day wondering what on earth is going on. I left work at midday and worked from home this afternoon. This year has been a year from hell for me girls..... :\(
  • Options
    WTF BOB???? What is that d1*khead like!! I bet he has put someone up to it as seems all too convenient that someone complains against you when you have complained against him. Surely they should have to tell you why your direct reports have been removed from you?? Seems a bit strange they would just do it and not tell you what its about? Do HR know he has removed your direct reports? What a c0*ksucker! Why have you been moved out of your office?
    I just want to hop on a plane and come and give that bloke a whack with a taste of my hormones!
    Anyway hun youve got other more important things in your life to worry about (although i know its not easy to forget seeing as we spend most of our lives at work) like getting that BFP x Did you have your quickie last night? hehe

Thats good that penelope Cruz is pg.

BC - whatever BOB says do it! hahaha

Shirls - im 14 weeks and 2 days today. Got my 20 week scan on the 29th october and a midwife appointment on the 7th oct when should be able to listen to the babys heartbeat.

Frecks - hows the kitchen works? Almost sorted yet?

laura - you mia again? xx
  • Options
    Blimey bob... He needs a smack in the face.. What he is doing is completely blatant, I can't see how anyone else can't see
    that?!?! Totally agree... Total c*cksucker!!!

Awwww... J, bet you can't wait for your scan, are you tempted to find out of you are on team blue or pink??

Had a full on day yesterday, bit knackered today... But I'm loving slimming world, hoping dropping a few pounds will help my ttc journey, well it can't hurt can it?!

Hope you are having a slighlty better today bob?

Yay for Penelope... As you say, if she can do it at 36 there's hope for me.. 37 in two months lol

Xx
  • Options
    I think we will be finding out Shirls as dh wont be able to hold out and wait for the surprise!! He was telling people i was pg even before i had my 12 week scan! Bloomin blabbermouth hehe
    Im secretly hoping we will be team pink but as long as its healthy then i dont really mind.
    Roll on the day i look like ive got a baby bump and not just eaten all the pies! hahahaha
  • Options
    Hey Bob...this all doesn't look good for him though! Coincidence how all of a sudden there is a complaint against you. Try not to crack. That is probably what they are driving at hoping that you resign. Make sure you document everything( I'm sure you do anyway) . What a horrible situation to be in. Why in hell have they taken your office away? They can't do that without giving a reasonable explanation! I am sure you have a right to know the nature of the complaint made against you also. Has hubby found a lawyer for you? That might be a wise move if you are being bullied and intimidated. Keep your chin up!

Good news for Penelope although girls I'm the same age and I did it so of course you can do it too! image

Jay...kitchen is still not finished and dust still everywhere. Still can't cook or run the dishwasher. Hopefully we will have our house in order again by early next week. Otherwise I may possibly kill someone. Can't believe that you are into your 2nd trimester already. How are you feeling?

My consultant rang today and I have a scan for Monday. I got a bit upset when the letter came through yesterday marked high risk antenatal which is really silly because I knew I would be but I'm terrified that I will lose the little bean. I'm still feeling nauseous and it feels like someone has strapped two melons to my chest which is a good sign I suppose! I'm probably only 5+3. I so wish I could fast forward a few weeks. Off to Dubai next weekend to check out some areas to live in. Had to tell boss I'm pregnant today because of the more frequent medical appointments ( I have to give the letters each time as proof with antenatal written all over it!). She was really cool and very happy for me. We both ended up in tears. I nearly made myself cry when I was giving assembly this morning. Hormones are all over the place :roll:

Anyway, happy bding to all you smeppers!

xxx

• Options
    Hi Shirls, I'm also 37 in 2mths 15/11, whens urs?
    BOB - i hope ur work settles down soon, sounds to me like stress u could well do without!
    Freckle - Dubai, hey, what a lovely place. Never been myself, but did some research whilst looking for honeymoon destinations.
    Sorry girls not on here for long, got loads to do! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Girls well I had my HR interview about my complaint and it's completely bogus and was caused by guess who, yes my boss! By confusing my direct report about who she was reporting to, she thought I was telling her that she reported to me when she thought she didn't anymore as he had had someone tell her she didn't report to me anymore before he made the announcement that she wouldn't be reporting to me anymore - what an A*se! Gosh that sounds confusing..... Anyway I feel some relief but this whole thing is such a mess and lawyers here want a slam dunk air tight case or they won't take it. The reason he gave for moving me was he felt that I might be at risk of getting disconnected from my team members by being in an office while they're out in cubes! He also said that I am the same level as the other manager and she doesn't have an office, whereas I have always been told I am the senior NA manager by his boss and have additional staffing and budget tasks to do that she does not. Oh well I am losing the will to live....... :roll:

Jay he is actually in the UK if you'd like to go and sort him out :lol:

So Frecks, glad it all seems to be going to plan - apart from the kitchen that is! I wasn't very emotional when I was pg - in fact I think it stabilized me! Try not to worry hun about things - easier said than done I know - but you know what they say a calm mum makes for a calm baby - I will be high risk too when I get my bfp again and mainly because of the MCTD and the previous MC's - yours is your lupus of course and it means risk to you as well, not just the baby so I am sure that's what that is referring to, try not to think about anythign else.

So BC I am already 37 - old!!!! image

Right will be bding tonight as per smep, cd12 for me today. image
  • Options
    Hi BOB, I think us ladies in our 30's have picked the perfect age to TTC, as my mum keeps reminding me, we can give it our all with no regrets, urm, we'll see hey! roll on next tues for my CD10 and let the SMEP begin. Funny how having a plan makes you feel more in control over something we have no control over. xx
  • Options
    Hi BC I thought it gave me more control but I have had 3 mc's this year and so even when smep works I am on tender hooks the whole time. Oh well onwards and upwards - we will get there. This is the 4th month after the last mc of ttc, the first month I couldn't really try, as the doc said not to while they ran tests, but the last 3 months we have really tried and nothing is happening this time - it's a little disappointing after 2 bfp's earlier in the year when we were on the same 'plan'. I keep thinking the next bfp is the one that will stick!

Still I did try the relaxed approach for a couple of months and that was much worse as I didn't know where I was and constantly wondered where I was up to and whether I was about to ov or if I had ov'd! So worse, much worse!
  • Options
    Hi girls!!

I'm off work today, have had no hot water for 2 days... Boohoo! Got a man coming to look at my pipes later today... Tee hee!

BC I'm 37 on nov 28th! OH is 37 on nov 16th lol!

Wow Freckle... Dubai!? How exciting!! I love England, but it's really going to the dogs on a lot of fronts, can't see myself living here in my old age. OH is from Barbados...well, heritage wise lol, I'm SO looking forward to living there later in life!

J, oh and I are opposed on the finding out front, I'm an accountant and miss practical... I wanna know so I can plan lol, he wants a surprise... Whatever, I'll just book a private scan without him looool!!

BOB... You can handle this... F*ck 'em... They can't break you down!!

Cd4 for me.. Can't wait for the flashing test stick on cbfm, and am so happy I'm taking control!