Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cycle Buddies Freckle Trixie85 Kimlou Sally881 MrsR & BOB

Replies

• Options
    Hey Bob...I'm from Trim in Meath. My uncle ran a pub in Mullingar years ago. It's hard coming away after seeing the family. Have been away 15 years now but still miss so much! How long have you been away?

Was really weepy when i got home today. Feeing sorry for myself
  • Options
    I've been away from my home town for about 15 years now - yes I'm an old bird hence I'm Sophia from the Golden Girls!!

I moved from the south of UK to London in 1995 and then from London to Dallas 6 years ago. I'm the same when I leave my family or when they leave me and go home, all boo hooing and feeling sorry for myself!

Which pub? Do you know the Druids Chair in Mullingar? My Uncle still works there!!!
  • Options
    Hey girls,

I'm on CD21 and 4dpo so close to both of you Freckle and Bob!! I also have Irish family, my mum is Irish so I've got lots of them still living there - planning to get over there for a visit in the near future if I can : ) Maybe the luck of the Irish will be with us all this month - here's hoping!!!.x.
  • Options
    Hi girls. MrsR, I just added you as a friend on FF. I'm not too impressed though as it says my ov day was Friday per the chart after I put my data in! I thought it was Wednesday or at the latest Thursday based on my +ve on Tuesday and Wednesday so we didn't bd on Friday - now I'm feeling all crap after I thought we had a good run this month :cry: It might be OK. Damn chart!!!!

MrsR can you take a look and let me know what you think.
  • Options
    Hey BOB, I've just tried to have a look but I don't think you must have set up your home page as it won't let me click onto it. You have to click on the heading 'home page' and then choose what information you want published on it before it allows others to see it.

I wouldn't worry too much though as until it has a few cycles worth of data to compare, it can be inaccurate. I think for my first full cycle of using it, it plotted my OV earlier than it actually was.

Remember his little swimmers can live for around 5 days, waiting to pounce on your egg! xx

• Options
    Hopefully I will have brought back lots of Irish luck with me and I hereby officially donate a chunk to everyone. Visited a fairy tree (!?) too so I'll chuck in a bit of magic dust for good measure!

Hey BOB....the pub is long gone now. Haven't been Mullingar way in ages although recently my sister was talking about a fortune teller who operates out of the back of one of the pubs there called the Yukon bar. Apparently he is booked up for months in advance!

Trixie..you are exactly the same day as me!!!! Fingers crossed for both of us. Sounds terrible but I keep prodding my boobs to see if they're tender. At this rate they will be bruised and battered and I won't be able to tell the difference between symptoms and self inflicted poking.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!

xxx
  • Options
    MrsR I'll look at my home page and get that sorted out!

I'm doing OK. Down to the dreaded 1ww now!
  • Options
    Hello lovely ladies,

How are we all doing? I'm still off work until Monday and when I'm not eating I'm playing the "what symptoms have I developed today" game.
    It's driving me crazy. I really don't believe that we have done it this month but it's only our first so I'm just happy that I saw peaks on my CBFM.

Bought a really nice fitted dress from Karen Millen for my brother's wedding in June. This is the one and only time that I wish with all my heart that the dress is too small for me and that my belly is sticking out on the day!!!!

Anyone having symptoms?

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Girls,

Im not having any symptoms but really dont think weve done it this month at all (in fact I know we havent) as we didnt do the deed at the right time! I think hubby is feeling a bit pressured lately. He doesnt understand either that you have to do it at certain times. I think he thought it would just happen at any time durgh

Ooooo i love karen millen. Hopefully will be too small for you and you will have a little bump by then! x

How are all my lovely cycle buddies doing anyway? Havent been on here for a while as I just know its not our month so no update required really. Although it is nice to just pop on here and update you with whatever else is going on. xx
  • Options
    Hi Freckle and Jay, As far as symptoms the only ones I can think of are slight af types pains, more so today than previoulsy, I'm about 6-8 dpo today (8 according to me, 6 according to FF). However my temp dropped again today for the second day in a row and now I'm convinced nothing is going to happen for me this month as I alreday had one dip around 2/3 dpo! I'm feeling sorry for myself for the first time in a while, maybe it's just another symptom - being miserable :\)

I was convinced last month I had a bunch of symtoms so regardless of what I think I feel I don't think I'll beleive it now in any case!

So I'm fairly sure I'll be joining you next month Jay.

Right off to work for me - that'll cheer me up - NOT! :cry:
  • Options
    Hi girls, just wanted to say hi. No real update from me - have had a few niggly pains but I've had those in previous months so not thinking about them!! I'm 7po today and seem to have a short LP normally so could get AF anyday from tomorrow!!! I take my temp so it at least gives me a warning that AF is on her way...and if it hasn't happened this month we will probably be having some help from the doctors...we'll wait and see!!!

Hope you're all good anyway - Freckle I hope the dress doesn't fit you too! Jay - fingers crossed, you never know, stranger things have happened. Did you Bd anywhere around Ov at all? Bob - PMA!!!.x.
  • Options
    Hi All, I'm feeling a little better today dh came home from his work trip and it's Friday!

I'm 9dpo today and my temp went up again this morning - I am trying not to read too much into it and will test tomorrow or if I can hold off on Sunday!

Right better get dressed for work.

How are you all doing?
  • Options
    No didnt BD at all around OV so thats why definately know we are out this month. AF is due to arrive Monday so just waiting for her now really! xx
  • Options
    How are we all today?

I'm 10dpo and have no symptoms now. I had a shooting pain in my abdo yesterday but that's about it. I tested this morning, poas addict that I am, and it was a bfn. I'm not giving up yet though! Plenty of time for my bfp. I'm trying the crazy pma thing trixie :\)

My temp shot up today from 98.6 yesterday to 99.2 today, having rumaged through the chart gallery on FF I'm not sure this means anything as I started by looking at the pg charts and thought 'wow this is a great sign' then looked at the ov charts and they can do the same thing!!! Hhhmmm. So I conclude that temping is only good for 2 things; (i) letting you know when you have ov'd and (ii) letting you know when you're about to get af (and even then I've seen on the charts temps drop and then they get a bfp). Anyway I have also seen on the charts plenty of ladies get their bfn at 10dpo and even 11 and 12dpo and go onto to get a bfp at 14dpo. So I will keep up the wishful thinking! image

So what are you all doing this weekend? I have to go to the shops in a bit when dh get's out of bed and then I'm going to come back and relax I think, maybe catch up on Lost. Maybe I'll cook a nice meal tonight for dh and myself, one with plenty of bad stuff in it, he he, the best kind!

Jay when do you start your next round?

Freckle and Trixie when will you test? Or what's happening with you both???? You're both around the same stage as me right?

MrsR I'm going to set up my FF home page for you so you can give me your expert opinion! How are you doing I know you were busy at it last weekend image So what are you at 4dpo??? Any symptoms for you?
  • Options
    Hi girls,

I think I'm about to have my first taste of bitterness with this ttc business. Have been having crampy feelings in my tummy, boobs have gone sore, headachey, emotional, eating all around me...would love to convince myself that it was good but I fear the worst. Poas yesterday with an internet cheapy in the afternoon and that was a definite negative. Oh well...on to next month.

Spent most of today enjoying the nice weather and decorating our room. Have paint everywhere on me. OH about to do a nice bbq and bought me some champagne as a surprise! He is so sweet and has even agreed to have a look at the Great Sperm Race documentary.

When are you girls testing??? I have everything crossed for you.
    xxx

• Options
    Looks like I might be joining you Frecks, tested again today and bfn. Temp also went down today too after my huge spike yesterday, it's not below coverline yet but as the bfn's keep coming I'm also thinking it didn't work for me this month either - jeez what do we have to do to get our bfp hey! I really wanted my little xmas l/o too! For some reason I really don't want a l/o born in January - sounds weird I know - but I don't. Anyway I was working it out and if I miss Januray mine will be due Feb 14th - cute!

The only up side to this is that my parents want to go on a cruise with us and had I got my bfp this month I wouldn't have been able to go as I would have been more than 24 weeks in Septmeber, when they want to go, and the cruise line says no pg women beyond 24 weeks, I think that's a bit unfair to be honest as they don't say no old guys with dodgy hearts on medication for high BP can go, I'm sure and I would say they have a higher risk of having a heart attack and having to go back to port than I would of going into labor - cheeky buggers! Anyway rant over - I guess af must be on her way - I'm ranting :lol:
  • Options
    hi ladies, i see your all kepping your pma up. hope you all get your bfp i havent been on for a while because i was giving this month ttc a miss as i go on hols in 3 weeks but i am on cd 12 and getting broody again lol! dont know what to do. i feel abit sad that i wont be due this year now and the earliest would be jan but i would just be grateful to be pregnant really, would of loved an xmas pud tho but atleast can have a last peacefull xmas ha! good luck ladies xxx
  • Options
    Hey KL, I would still give it a go just in case, I'm in the same boat as you and will being going on hols at the end of May but i'm still going to try this and next month!

Good luck hun!
  • Options
    Hi girls, hope you've all had a good weekend. I'm now 10dpo - thinking of testing tomorrow morning if my temp is still up but we'll see. Bob - how long is your LP normally? There can be temp fluctuations so you could go up again...you're 11dpo today right? Freckle what is your LP normally? And are you 10dpo today? I'm still keeping everything crossed for us all this month : ) .x.
  • Options
    Hi Trix, my LP is uausally between 11 and 14 days but averages 13. Yes, I'm 11dpo today. I know I should have more pma but I don't seem to have any smptoms and with the temp drop today I'm not feeling it. I haven't given up yet though as as I say to others all the time until, af arrives it's not over - the fight is on!!! image

Will you test tomorrow? I will test again tomorrow.