Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Golden Girls Season 2

Replies

• Options
    OK did my run - feel better now! Still going to have a rum or two though image

Will broach the ttc subject with dh another day as I don't think today is the best day - I will probably talk to him on Thursday after I hear from the doc.

Good luck Frecks for tomorrow and Thurs I hope it's all ok for you. Mmmmmmm - Good old fish and chips I do miss that - chip shop chips with vinegar, the only time I ever have vinegar is on chip shop chips!

Jay what are they checking for on your bloods? Wouldn't that be great if she said oh and btw your pg! Mind you she may not have checked for hcg and it may even be too early if you haven't implanted and only ov'd a couple of days ago so she may not see that in any case.
    Sorry to hear the dog's not well - I hope he pulls through though sometimes the little beggers are tougher than you think! Let's hope so. :\(
  • Options
    Well done on your running BOB - i am very impressed!
    Sounds like youre having a nightmare of a time opf it at the moment with everything going on. Well just look on the bright side and as the song goes "things can only get better". x
    Did you enjoy your rum and cokes? Is it rum or bacardi?
    I think theyre checking progesterone and a few other things but i guess the main thing they are checking for is to see if i am definately oving.
    Yeah im sure louis will pull through ok. Havent heard anything yet so i suppose no news is good news.

Hows things with you Frecks?

Jx
  • Options
    Hi girls how are you all today?
    Im ok apart from a cut toe. I stepped on a broken fluoerescent tube and it cut my toe and even though the cut was really really small you wont believe how much blood came gushing out. It completely flooded my flipflop and was then over flowing the side! I looked and felt a right wally sitting there with my leg in the air putting pressure on it. i did think to myself the only other times i do this is after dh and I have been bding! haha Albeit both legs and not just the one!

Well my temps are still high but i guess that is to be expected as only 7DPO. I feel absolutely knackered this afternoon but i think thats because i lost loads of blood this morning and i think if you lose loads then it can make you tired. I know it sounds as though i am over dramatising the blood loss but i really couldnt believe how much came from a small cut. I wonder whether i hit a vein maybe?

Well have a good day anyway ladies xx
  • Options
    Hey girls....

Sorry to hear about your toe Jay! Hope you are feeling better.

I have never been so tired in all my life. Ofsted left today and I am drained. I was inspected twice...one lesson after another. It was funny the first time because it was a chinese lesson for Year 9 students who have completed the GCSE 2 years early. The Chinese people were late arriving and I had to start the lesson with the inspector in the room IN CHINESE!!!!!!!!! There are only so many things you can do with "How are you?" and " Fine thank you". I nearly wet myself with inner panic. They arrived just as I was contemplating running out of the room. I got in from work today at four and fell asleep on the bed until OH got home. My sis is coming over tonight which is good seeing as OH has gone away cycling for 5 days with his friends.

The positive side is that I haven't had a second to SS! My temps are a bit wonky but I don't feel particularly hopeful. A girl at work has just announced she is pregnant. She must be late thirties and has always been very vocal about the fact that she never wants kids and even though she teaches she is not maternal at all. She was on the pill when she caught!!! There is hope for us girls image

Hope are you guys doing? Isn't your sono thingy today Bob?

xxx
  • Options
    Yes I had my sono-hystogram today and MY GOD IT F***ing HURT!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ, they inject a bunch of fluid into your uterus through your cervix and my god the cramping and pain was unbelievable I thought I was going to throw up! and I have a high pain threshold normally! I said to the doctor can some people not do it as it's too painful he said 'oh yes', well thanks for the warning mate!

The good news is my uterus looks good - at least it was when they went in, I am still bleeding though :cry:

The bad news is I have some more weird blood test results:
    So far they have found:
    ANA positive (should be negative)
    High anti RNP
    High anti SSA
    Homogygous for mutation c677t (2 mutated copies of it)
    High protein s levels and High protein c levels - being deficient in these normally cause PG problems so not sure about high levels.

What it all means I don't know and nor does the doctor and the best is that not all the results are back yet - I am slowly losing the will to carry on ttc......

He is referring me to a genetic counselor and I have to see what the rest of the results come back as.

I have done some looking online and the mutation can cause MC's, still births and neural tube defects. I am also at risk for blood clots as far as I can tell so I would definitely need to have the heparin injections if I get PG again. From what I can see though all hope is not lost and many ladies have had babies with the mutation I am just not sure how all the rest of the results effect anything.

The doc does not want me to ttc this month either as he wants to get the remaining results and then come up with our plan of action for when I get pg again. I feel that I want to though and if I know that I need the lovenox then I can just start that - oh I don't know.

Sorry about your toe Jay and glad it all finished up for you with ofsted Frecks.

Not feeling too chuffed today girls.....:\(

• Options
    Hang in there Bob! At least things are moving in the right direction. I know that it is horribly frustrating and probably scary but keep focused on having that baby. I believe with all my heart that it will happen for you. Modern medicine can work wonders. We are here for you no matter what.

xxx
  • Options
    OK I'm sat here at work feeling really miserable and I have just made a decision - it's a bank holiday weekend here in the states (4th July) and I am due to OV anytime now - so I'm going to ignore the doctor and ttc this month and dh is just going to have to put out - I am sick of waiting and by the time the test results come back (he said most likely next Tuesday or Wednesday) in I'll be either not pg or have a bfp and they will have had 10 days to figure out what to do with me by the time I find out!

I'm a rebel and I don't care, I am miserable right now and I need to do something! image What do you think?

How are the symptoms girls - anything? When are you going to start testing????
  • Options
    Hi BOB - i would say its your body and your life and you should do exactly what you want. Its torture all the waiting so if there is no proper medical reason as to why you shouldnt ttc then i say got for it! Youre usually like a dog on heat around ov time anyway so if you do get your bfp and the doc tells you off then just tell him you had an out of body experience and couldnt help yourself! haha :lol:
    The toe is fine now thanks xx I just couldnt believe how much blood i lost over a tiny little cut.
    I was really really naughty this morning and tested. But it was a BFN of course. Think it may have been waaaaaay too early but thought hey why not give it a go. I havent pee'd on a stick for ages! it is very addictive isnt it! image
    Frecks - glad you can relax now. Isnt it 2 more weeks and then schools out? Then you'll be relaxing even more wont you?

Well havent got anything in pareticular planned for the weekend. Might be going to the cinema with my sister tonight but thats about it really

Well have a lovely weekend girls xx Enjoy the long weekend BOB (4th July) xx
  • Options
    How many dpo are Jay? Only 8 or 9 right? too early I think! I think the earliest I got a bfp was at 10 dpo and that was even with my poas addiction when I did it everyday, sometimes twice a day! image Keep us updated! I'm going to poas when I get home and see if my LH is up!!! image
  • Options
    Well I did poas and my LH is not up yet so it dosen't look like I am about to ov yet. I will keep doing opk's though over the next few days and I convinced dh to bd last night and for us to ttc this month again - I now feel like I have something to look forward to! If we did do it this month though I am not convinced there is anything left for implantation as I am still spotting after my procedure on thursday and I bled all day that day and have spotted since..... It has been like a mini af :roll:

How you're doing girls?
  • Options
    So what day are you on BOB. Ive sort of lost track of yours? Thats good that you persuaded dh to ttc again this month woohoooo back in the saddle again aye BOB! he he
    So my sister and i went to see sex and the city 2 last night. Thought it was ok and was funny in parts but still prefer the first one.
    Well i think af may be on her way as feeling very emotional in true pms stylee and a bit moody at times. Didnt mange to take my temp this morning so not sure if dropped or not but will do it tomorrow instead and see what it says.

Well off to bed now girls xx Hope youre having good weekends?

Jxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hello my lovelies!!!!

Hope your weekends are going well. I am slowly coming back to reality after the natsy Ofsted inspection. Hadn't slept properly for days. All the work was worth it though.....we were judged OUTSTANDING!!!!! The atmosphere in the school Friday was fantastic...everyone hugging each other when usually we are at each others' throats.
    OH is still away cycling with the boys so my sister and myself are just having a nice weekend. We had dinner last night and might go for a walk today. Was a total eejit and tested this morning at 9DPO..BNP. Wasn't FMU but I really don't feel optimistic this month again. My tummy is in a total mess so I think I may have a bug or something.

How are you girls?

Anyway have to run. Talk soon xxx
  • Options
    Frecks i did the same hun and got a BFN. Too early i think though babe x
    I had a bad tummy yesterday. DH and I had popped to asda and we were walking around when all of a sudden my stonach started to gurgle. Well that was it! All of a sudden i had to rush to the toilet urgh it was horrid. I hate public loos at the best of times but didnt really have a choice this time. DH had to drive home whilst i was doubled over in the passenger seat. Then as soon as we got home i seemed to be fine. I think it was making it worse because i wasnt in the comfort of my own bathroom if you know what i mean.
    Temp was up this morning at 97.86 from friday mornings which was 97.73. Not going to rad anything into it though as still feel as though af on her way. Getting loads and loads of creamy cm recently aswell. Boobs are a bit sore but no more than previous months and had cramps this morning so think is probably just signs af on her way boooooooooo
    Well i suppose just got to take it 1 day at a time now and see what happens. Got my doctors appointment tuesday so will see what the say i guess.
    Fantastic news on getting outstanding Frecks - really pleased for you xx
    How was your 4th July BOB? xx
  • Options
    That's freaky Jay. My sis and I went out for dinner last night just down the road and about twenty minutes after finishing the meal my tummy was completely bloated and I was nearly doubled over in pain! I was praying I would get home on time. I have been starving today but everytime I eat something it goes straight through me and I am very gassy. Must be some kind of viral bug.

My CM is non existant as with previous months so I'm not hopeful. My temp are completely up now and they dipped about CD 4 but they did that last month so I'm not reading anything into it.

Another wedding next weekend. Bought two gorgeous dresses yesterday. Can't beat a bit of retail therapy. I'm hiding from my bank image

xxx
  • Options
    Blimey another wedding Frecks. Although i must admit i do love going to weddings.
    Thats weird that we had the same sort of thing. Im ok today though. How are you feeling?
    Well my temp was up again today at 98.04. When i first looked at it my heart sunk as thought it said 97.04 so was thinking that was it game over. Still not getting my hopes up though and PMA seems to have gone again today. Especially as i was on facebook earlier and saw that one of my close friends had put up that she is pregnant again and due in November!! aaaaaarrrrggghhh for f&@ks sake Thats means that my 2 closest friends will have 2 kids before i even have 1!! I really could cry. I was also a little peeved that she hadnt told me herself and i had to find out from facebook. I mean she may not have wanted to say anything cos she knows we are trying and i havent seen her for months but i really would have liked her to have told me herself and not found out on facebook!! Ive just sent her a text message saying congrats so will see what she comes back with.

Got more cramping this morning so not looking good for me! x
  • Options
    Blimey another wedding Frecks. Although i must admit i do love going to weddings.
    Thats weird that we had the same sort of thing. Im ok today though. How are you feeling?
    Well my temp was up again today at 98.04. When i first looked at it my heart sunk as thought it said 97.04 so was thinking that was it game over. Still not getting my hopes up though and PMA seems to have gone again today. Especially as i was on facebook earlier and saw that one of my close friends had put up that she is pregnant again and due in November!! aaaaaarrrrggghhh for f&@ks sake Thats means that my 2 closest friends will have 2 kids before i even have 1!! I really could cry. I was also a little peeved that she hadnt told me herself and i had to find out from facebook. I mean she may not have wanted to say anything cos she knows we are trying and i havent seen her for months but i really would have liked her to have told me herself and not found out on facebook!! Ive just sent her a text message saying congrats so will see what she comes back with.

Got more cramping this morning so not looking good for me! x
  • Options
    Hi Girls been awol for a bit as haven't been feeling good either maybe I'm coming out in sympathy with both of as I have had bad tummy too - I'm definitely not pg though image

Well done Frecks with oftsed as well - at least it was worth all the effort!

Wow another wedding, that is a lot, mind you about 3 years ago I went through the same thing, wedding after wedding, in the end we started turning down invites as it was getting ridiculous especially here in the US as you have to fly all over the place to get to them!

I looked at you chart Frecks and your temp is climbing nicely (I can't really compare it to last months though as you didn't temp too much) and Jay the fact that yours is up and you have creamy cm is a good sign too - I have my fingers crossed for you both!

So Even though I wasn't feeling well yesterday we still went to the party we were invited to and my god the kids were a nightmare - I think dh nearly had a heart attack, he looked very pale and clammy for a while! I'm not sure I'll get him to bd ever again after that for fear we might have one just like that - I'm even thinking of closing up shop after yesterday!

Jay that's a reason I don't go on FB as if I wanted to catch up with someone along with the rest of the world I don't really consider that to be a good friend of mine. I want people to actually stay in touch with me directly not post how they're doing on a website to the whole world - I know I'm probably acting like an old women (Sophia) but its things like that that pee me off - fancy not telling you - cowardly or rude I would say! :roll:

Taking of PG announcements I am sick of reading more girls on here with -oh I can't believe I got my bfp after 1 month or 2 months' - sorry here comes the green eyed monster again - it doesn't seem fair to me - well who said life was fair I suppose..... :cry:

Jay I'm on cd14 today and no sigh of an LH surge yet, :\? not sure what's going on there, maybe I'll see it today or maybe because of the sono I had it's thrown off my cycle.

So when will you both test again? Frecks like I said to Jay I think you tested too early you could try again tomorrow maybe?
  • Options
    Hi Girls,

Bob I was thinking exactly the same thing about the " OMG I can't believe I caught so easily after 1 month and and life is so perfect blah blah blah". Total bitch side to me wants to punch them and ask them to have a bit of consideration for those who have not found conceiving easy but I know that I am being unfair and am genuinely happy for these girls.

I'm struggling with being patient with life. I don't think we have done it this month and I'm really weary of trying to ignore symptoms and relax. I'm really starting to believe I'm not destined to get pregnant. OH and I had talk this evening about what we would do if that came to be. OH is totally against sperm donation but would be okay with adoption. I really want to feel what it's like to be pregnant though.Oh well. My temps went down today and I have no doubt they will continue to fall. I was so excited when I started to ttc but now it's wearing me down.

My tum is feeling a bit better today Jay. Violent runs (sorry tum) this morning again but managed to keep food in me. Your chances sound good Jay...lots of creamy CM. I have zilch CM and I know that is probably a sign of a big masive BFN.

Anyway girlies, we need to keep the ole PMA going!

xxx
  • Options
    Oh Frecks your temp is still way way above coverline hun - look at my old charts when I got my bfp my temp dipped too and I think once it even hit the coverline and I still got a bfp!!! It's only if you go below it then you know af is on the way! I still have my fingers crossed for you hun. Yeah I checked, looked at my March cycle on day 11 I hit coverline but it bounced back and I got a BFP! So you have a long ways to go yet hun!!!xxx
  • Options
    I could have written the exact same thing BOB about the girls posting how they fell after only 1 month blah blah blah. I was really mean and just thought "oh p1ss off" and went onto the next thread. I now they dont mean it to come out like that but it does just make me really sad that they are just sooo blase and weve been trying for absolute ages. Im rambling now so will just shut up as otherwise will go on for ages! haha
    If your temps are still above coverline Frecs then youre still in with a chance! But also know how you feel hun as got all the signs af is on her way!

Im glad you agree about the faceboo thing and the telling the world before she tells her SUPPOSED close friend. Like i said i havent actually seen her since last year or spoken to her for a few months but i really would have thought she would have at least sent me a text before announcing to the world on facebook.....ah well c'est la vie
    DH and I are watching alice in wonderland at the moment (the new one) seems ok so far.

Hows the heat BOB? Its quite hot over here too at the mo although prob not as hot as where you are!

Haha that did make me chuckle about your dh and the kids at the party. My dh is similar. Weve got 2 little girls living next door to us and they are always wanting to come in our house or wanting to play in our garden and dh just gets annoyed with them. I suppose its cos theyre not ours. Im sure he wouldnt be like that if we did have kids! haha

Think i might test again tomorrow morning if temp still high as dont really want doc playing with my ahem to do an internal if possibility could be pg! I think will probably say something tomorrow if bfn and temp still high as i know some girls can still get bfp after cant they?? You can tell im just grasping on to that little bit of hope at the moment cant you! xx