Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Golden Girls Season 2

Replies

• Options
    Hi Frecks - drink wine, best cure for a headache!

Sounds like you are well preparred this month! So jay is starting to do her opk's on the 18th, will you start smep on the 18th? and then you'll know when you're about to ov and when you have so is sounds like we're (you're) all ready girls! If all goes to plan though af should arrive for me around that time :roll: - boring!

So are you going to watch the usa / england game tomorrow? I will be, it'll be interetsing for me being here! image

So I am still a little concerned, or maybe confused is a better word, I have really creamy cm now and (.)(.) are starting to hurt again but as I said I can't beleive I am pg - if I am the doc will be truely annoyed with me - but dh and I haven't bd'd since I went to the doc before Tuesday, we only bd'd on hols - can't help that! I suspect though it's just my hormones after the mc. the mystery continues :lol:
  • Options
    Hey Bob...had three glasses of vino, watched the match and went to bed. Had major erotic dream about sex with hunky stranger image . Needless to say woke up in a great mood and blushing. OH has made us brekkie but has skulked off to get his PS3 fix for the morning. We are off to garden centre this morning to buy loads of plants so we can kill them within a month. This is an annual occurence but OH insists that he has green fingers image

The match will be interesting tonight. I'm not as hyped up as the others as I'm Irish obviously but I was bloody happy France only drew with Uruguay after Henry's antics in the qualifiers. My ex husband is also French so guess who I don't want to win the Cup. I really hope England do well.

I don't usually do SMEP but I will try this month. Month 4 for us. I know it isn't long but if we don't get pregnant by month 6 we are seeing a doctor. I think we can do that if we are over 35 especially if I am positive of when I am oving each month. I'm a little scared that he will announce that we are one of those couples who will never be able to have kids. It would break my heart. I would love to adopt but OH isn't keen. Think we would be too old anyway and I have Lupus and OH has high blood pressure!

That creamy cm sounds weird. Don't worry about the doc being narked. If you are pregnant then it's meant to be and he will just have to do a bloody good job of keeping that bean in there.

Enjoy the match later girlies!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Frecks yeah I gave up planting potential twigs last year - each year since I got here I was off he the garden centre to get a bunch of flowers that got zapped into twigs by 100 degree weather!

I love those kind of dreams! Cheating without actually doing it - naughty but nice! :lol: I have no idea where I dream up these hot men though but sometimes I dream about work colleagues and let me tell you there is no one at my work worth dreaming about - I then feel awkward around them like something actually happened or I actually had control over what I was thinking :lol: I liked the one I had about justin timberlake a while ago - I don't really like him but after that dream I kind of changed my mind as he was pretty resourceful in the bedroom department :lol:

So smep is great with the pre-seed, It worked for me! Hopefully I'll be caught up with you and Jay soon and ttc again!

(.)(.) update - not so sore today yet!

We're off to the sports bar to watch the match today I think - might see if I can rally up a few friends to join us.

Have fun at the BBQ!
  • Options
    Hi girls hope you enjoyed the footie?
    Hubby and I missed it as we were at a wedding reception. I wasnt that bothered about watching it though anyway. I managed to get sunburnt yesterday and had a thick strappy top on which left big horrible strap marks on my shoulders and so the dress that i wore in the evening really showed up my uneven tan, which wasnt good. People kepy calling me battenburg! haha
    So how exactly does smep work? Is it just by taking your temps?
    My preseed arrived friday so im all prepared for this month! whoop whoop
  • Options
    Hi jay the footie was an embarassment! Green fumbled the ball and let a goal in that shouldn't have gone in imageops: - I was in a bar surrounded by Americans and it was a nightmare! The goal we got was great though but becasue of stupid Green it ended up being a tie.

Did you have fun at the wedding? I miss a good English wedding :\)

So smep is 'sperm meets egg plan'. Also everytime you BD use your preseed!

Here is the plan:

- BD every other night starting Day 8
    - Begin ovulation testing/opk's on Day 10
    - When test is positive, BD that night, plus two additional nights in a row
    - Skip one night, then do one last BD
    - If your ovulation/opks never goes positive, continue BDing every other night until Day 35.

'Statistics coming in from women show that about 40% of women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan.'

That is the shortened version from one online!

The temping helps me know when I have ov'd Jay, as your temp rises significantly and stays up until af is due, if you plot it on a graph you can see it and I normally stop the everyday BDing once my temp rises as I know I have alreday ov'd then. Then the temp helps you know when af is about to show as your temp drops back to normal the day of or the day before your due af. If it stays up I do a hpt and as you know I got my bfp twice doing this! image
  • Options
    Hey girls x
    The wedding was lovely thanks BOB and the bride looked lovely too. It was at wakehurst place near ardingly which is a lovely old english country house. The grounds were absolutely beautiful!

OK so i had my hep a booster today with the nurse and i mentioned to her that had been ttc for 1 year now and she said definately make an appointment with the doc to get the ball rolling for tests etc. So i made an appointment for the 22nd June and see how it goes from there. I also postponed my smear until July as the nurse said probably best to just leave until next cycle as doesnt want to be playing around with cervix if possibility of being pg. She also said to just bd as much as possible. Doing it every day doesnt make a man less fertile!

Thanks for the smep plan BOB - think i will probably follow that but just keep bding every day for 5 days after i get positive opk. Poor hubby will be absolutely worn out but hey its got to be worth a shot.

How are you Frecks? Did you have a good weekend pet? xx
  • Options
    Hey girls! I'm good. Busy at work writing reports so absolutely wrecked. Amazingly I was off for 3 weeks and I have zero leeway to catch up and have to stick to the same deadlines as everyone else. Can't beat a challenge eh!!!

Our weekend was good. Went to the bbq on Saturday which was fun. There were so many kids running around and nearly killing each other. I think I will be a strict Mum though( probably the teacher coming out in me!) but I can't understand how some parents allow their children to interrupt adults and beat the heads off other kids without saying a word. One kid kept punching OH in his belly continually for fun although OH didn't find it too fun after ten minutes.

The weirdest thing happened Sunday morning. OH woke up with a swollen, bloodshot eye and in a lot of pain. We eventually carted ourselves off to the Emergency Eye Clinic at A&E because it was getting worse. Turns out he had an "exposure" on his eye which happened because he had slept all night with ONE EYE OPEN and his cornea had dried out. I have never laughed so much! Good thing I didn't woke up and see him or I would have died of fright.

Girls.......Don't know whether I should say this and jinx things but I think OH may be planning to propose to me soon :\)
    We have both been married before. No kids. OH knows that I would love to get married again but he has always said he would never get married again. But this weekend I was joking and saying that our child would have my name and he said " What if I have married you by then" !!!!! Two weeks ago he asked when our parents would meet because " I suppose they better if I'm going to marry you". I kind of laughed both times off but I think he may have changed his mind. We are happy as we are but I would be over the moon to get married again!!!

Anyway, my new batch of pre seed and free HPT arrived today so all stocked up and rearing to go. image

How did your days go?
    xxx

• Options
    Ah girls I'm knackered - another 12 hour day at the office - I have not had second to breath all day - I can't wait for my boss to go back to the UK he is driving me nuts!!!! :roll: He's been here 10 days now!!!

Oooooohhhhh a wedding Frecks!!! how lovely - I'm not sure how you would know for sure that he might ask until he does - maybe drop a few hints of your own in - not sure what right now I will try and have a think. Would you invite the GG's??????? image

Ha Jay - nice work on the re-schedule, definitely the best plan. Yes my poor dh is always knackered too after a few days of smep but the pre-seed is a god send believe me, it saves all that hocky pocky before hand and get's me and dh in the mood quicker (ha ha tmi) image

Well Freck you know what they say about kids - they're like farts you can just about stand your own! I'd be just like you though - misrable mother - do as your told - speak when you're spoken to :lol:

OK (.)(.) update - still sore! Did a hpt tonight but no idea when I ov'd (due to early mc/chem pg) and it came up bfn - will test again soon no doubt - poas addict that I am. image Think I might have seen the faintest faintest line though - but maybe just imagining it! I've gone mental! ;\)

Jay 4 days 'til ov! image
    Frecks 6 days 'til ov! image
  • Options
    LMAO BOB - that is just sooo funny about kids being like farts he hehehehehhe
    Well im thinking the preseed will get dh and i in the mood quicker aswell! hehe
    Frecks - i ve heard of sleeping with one eye open but never thought it could actually happen hahaha Poor oh
    ooo how exciting i hope he does pop the question. I wonder whether he's waiting for you to get pregnant and then do it OR maybe he will do it soon before you get pg. How soon after he popped the question would you get married? What colours would you have? ooo sorry im getting a bit ahead of myself but its just so exciting. Wish i could have my day all over again

OK so how am i going to plan it friday as England are playing and if we go down the pub to watch it then dh will probably have a few drinks and may get brewers droop. hmm maybe i'll just say lets not go to the pub, hes not that into england anyway. Hes more into liverpool. (well coming from scouseland i guess he is going to support them).

Ive booked my reflexology session for this thursday so will see how that goes aswell xx
  • Options
    Jay make sure you tell the the reflexologist you're ttc as they will concentrate on your ankles with is apparently all that area!

As for the footie you can bd in the afternoon or maybe before you go and then legs up for a bit (20 mins should do it), then I have done it the next morning just to be sure! image

Right off back to work will check in again later!
  • Options
    Yeah she knows am ttc as she asked me reason for wanting reflexology when phoned to make the appointment x She also said about having top ups for that area each week which would be about half hour and cheaper.
    Will prob jump him before we go maybe! haha
    Have a good day at work. Ive obviously finished now and just settled to watch eastenders x
  • Options
    Well girls...I may be completely dreaming the proposal up but that would so be the icing on the cake. Would prob be a very small family gathering. Way too old to do the whole big dress thing. Would much rather put money into a new house and baby :\)
    Anyway, we will see!

Defo agree about the England match Jay. Bit of pre match nooky in the afternoon and hey presto ...problem solved!

Can't believe the dreaded 2ww is nearly upon us again! I will be in OH's parents' house this weekend for another wedding so cringing already at doing the deed in the guest room. Will have to bring an extra suitcase for all the preseed, monitors and bits and bobs!

How is everyone doing?
    xxx
  • Options
    HAHA that made me chuckle Frecks x You dont look old in your photos. You look as though youre only in your late 20s!
    Well hubby now knows that start of fertile period on friday so knows he cant get wasted down the pub in case brewers droop happens! haha
    Tried the preseed last night, well sort of. Didnt insert it properly as hadnt read the instructions properly at that point. DH decided to get a bit fruity but he had a little sore on his winkydink so i suggested we try out the preseed forgetting didnt know how to actually use it properly. So in the end just ended up putting a bit up there and gave it a go. I dont think i put enough up there though as didnt feel much different really, maybe just a little bit easier but not squelchy like yours Frecks! haha

How was work BOB? When does your boss go back?

Jx
  • Options
    Thanks Jay re age. I feel about 102 most of the time.
    I think you are probably doing things right with the Preseed. I think you usually put 1 1/2 whatsits up there but I got it wrong I think and have been putting 4 if you follow what I mean!

Had an MRI spinal scan today for my back and nearly wet myself. I had one years ago when I was really sick with Lupus and actually did wet myself a bit I was that scared!!! image TMI sorry
    Didn't know it was the same scan today and panicked three times when they tried to slide the table in. I don't know if you have ever had one but they slide you into a little tunnel the length of your body where the inside ceiling is practically touching your nose. Not for the claustrophobic at all!! Won't being having one of those again in a hurry if I can help it.

Missed a POAS moment this morning. CBFM asked me to test on CD7 which is early but I had just gone to the loo. Tried desperately to squeeze a few drops out but to no avail. Hope I didn't mess the cycle up.

How's work BOB? Hope you aren't killing yourself!

OH bought me a book of Italian phrases for our hol yesterday. Good thing I'm a French teacher and can pick the lingo up quickly because I think OH is leaving the communication up to me. Great!

xxx
  • Options
    Well i read the instructions and it says to put 1 applicator up there. So blimey frecks im not surprised its squelchy for you! hahahahahahaha

No never had to have MRI scan but doesnt sound very pleasant. At least you didnt wet yourself this time though xx
    So how does the CMFM work then? Does it tell you when you might be fertile? Is it a thermometer?
    Thats cool that youre a french teacher. You definatley should be able to pick the lingo up quickly then! ha ha
    cie vie deyamo demani - means see you tomorrow (dont think i spelt it right). When i worked for Amex i worked for European Collections and the guy that i used to sit next to was italian and he taught me that. We worked with debt collection agencies across europe and it was one of their 10 year anniversaries when i worked there and they invited all the managers to rome for the weekend to celebrate, all expenses paid. Needless to say we had an absolutely fantastic time. Stayed at a place called la tragliata, which was just beautiful.
    So we know where to come if we need french lessons then frecks xx

How are you today BOB?

Jx
  • Options
    Hey Jay...I can't wait to go to Rome. Have never been before. I am a terrible researcher and spend my spare time planning everything we need to see. In a way I hope I'm not preggers because we are big foodies and I really want to enjoy a few glasses of good vino, lots of shellfish and I want to taste the Limoncello liquer! You are so lucky to have had a paid jaunt over there. We are lucky if we get free tea bags in work!

CBFM is like a small monitor that works out your cycles and lets you know whe you are about to ov. I found the OPKs from the internet frustrating because they are so sensitive and it's easy to miss the peak if you are rubbish like me. CBFM gets you to poas from about day 9 and measures the presence of two hormones in your body ( OPKs only measure one). You get low(s )to start, then a few days (or one day depending) of highs and then two peaks when ov is about to happen. The second peak is generally when you ov. I find it really good because I never realised that my ov days are different every month CD15/16, CD10/11 and CD 12/13 for the last three months. It is like a mini computer that records your cycles and even tells you when AF is due. It's expensive but lots of girls think it's great and you get to pee on loads of sticks.

Never want to do that scan again. Am still traumatised. Was like being buried in a coffin alive. Sounds like I'm being ridiculously morbid and dramatic but it's horrible. :\) Maybe need to get OH to take my mind off it. ;\)

xxx
  • Options
    hi girls - sorry been awol for a bit with the boss in town - haven't had a minute to myself at work so no way I can get on BE! He's off on Thursday afternoon - thank Christ! At least I refrained from swinging at him so he won't be going home with a black eye :lol:

Funny jay part of my work was debt collections - I work in the corporate side though as we're an Outsourcer and we used to do it for clients but just sold that part of the business off. Who was it you worked for?

Ha ha I read you're comment about Frecks looking late 20's in her picture - I bet she's posted one from years ago up on Facebook!! Ha ha - Naughty I know! Only kidding Frecks!

Did you get the results of the scan yet Frecks? You'll have to get a few glasses of wine down you if you ahve to do it again! image

I've been to Italy too - my favorite place in the world - I love it - we went to Rome, the Amalfi coast and Pompeii - belisimo! So Frecks it all clicked into place when you said you were going there - he's going to propose in Italy!!!!!!!! Of Course!!!!!! When do you go?

So Frecks I doubt you have missed your ov, that is way too early for ov you'll be fine!

Jay there is a scale on the side of the pre-seed applicator - I would experiment with 1.5 to 2 on the scale with the pre-seed. That's what I use. Loevly stuff image

So Still have creamy cm and (.)(.) still sore - poas though this am with fmu and nada - bfn - well maybe I'll try again in a few days :roll:

I am so looking forward to this Friday I'm going to finish early so I can watch the England Match image

Also we'll be out with friends in their boat on the lake this weekend - we're going to take the dog on the boat too and see how he likes it! we'll have a few beers and get some sun - lovely!

What are your plans girls - I know Frecks you're off to the monster-in-laws and trying do have less squelchy bding, maybe you could put some music on? Jay you start Friday too right acording to smep? CD 10 for you then right?
  • Options
    Oh forgot to mention I ran 2 miles on Monday - whose a good girl! have been eating really well all week so far (I know it's only Wednesday - feels like an enternity with the boss here!) and dh and I have decided to do 1 or 2 days a week with NO TV!!!!! image So we did no TV on Monday. Talk about a shock to the system - I was also going to not drink this week but with the 3 changes already and the boss in town that last idea didn't even get off the ground so I'm sat here enjoying a nice glass of pinot grigio! image I think I might have died if I'd quit the wine too image

So I'm due to run tomorrow night again so check in with me and make sure I did it!
  • Options
    Well done on the running Bob. I haven't mustered the strength to face the gym yet. I'm terrified I will do my back in again.

I hope your boss has gone and you can finally breathe again.

We plan on going to Rome, The Amalfi Coast and Sicily in August. It would be absolutely the most romantic thing ever if he proposed over there but I'm not sure that OH is much of a Romeo. Maybe I just imagined the whole thing! We were talking about baby names last night. Do you guys ever do that?

Good news is that his parents will be away the night we stay so we don't have to worry so much. Very strange set up for the wedding we are going to....everyone is going to the church in the morning, then the bride groom and close family go for a meal whilst all the other guests amuse themselves and then bbq in the local hotel gardens in the evening! I haven't a clue what to wear. Formal to church and informal in evening? Has anyone else had this before?

Poas this morning for CBFM and it's low so not near ov yet!

xxx

• Options
    Hi Frecks, Yeah we talk about baby names all the time I have written them all down!

The boss just left and I am exhausted! Been in the office since just after 6am, got up at 5am!!!

Think I'm going to work from home tomorrow!

I've been to a similar thing for the evening after a wedding although I was still a little dressy but wore nice trousers and a nice top instead of a skirt or dress. No spiky heels, as you'll sink in the grass! May I suggest some easy access knickers???!!!! It's right around OV time!!! image