Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Options
    Sue- our scan is weds 30th at 3pm. image feeling a little anxious to know baby is developing as s/he should. we did have the nuchal scan- I don't know what we would have done if it had raised anything - hubby and I did talk about it briefly and said we didn't think we'd have any further tests as it we'd more than likely go ahead anyway but would cross that bridge if we came to it.

Lib- braxton hicks sound painful- ouch! I think because of the time of year it'll definitely go quickly.

Mrsm- sorry you're having a bad couple of days. I think it's easy to forget how hard it can be for the men. My hubby went through different stages of not wanting to know about times of ov as he felt pressurised to "perform" and like we were only dtd for baby, to wanting to dtd every other day so we were covered. I know he felt like a bit of a failure even though it was me with the really odd cycles.

Looby- sorry you've been suffering. Can't believe you're watching Christmas films already! I saw that, but we're going to the Christmas fair at Hyde park on Saturday for my birthday. image

Clalee- sounds like you've had quite an array of suggestions from the ladies- hope something helps!

Vickster- good to see you lovely! Sorry you're feeling fragile- it must be a really scary time for you both ATM, not knowing exactly what's coming. I really hope there's something straightforward that they can do for you to get that long awaited bfp.

X x
  • Options
    Glad we've made you giggle vickster! I'm keeping everything crossed for you that you just need a simple fix to get that bfp.

Rachey, they've not been painful just uncomfortable. You kind of have a feeling that something isn't quite right. The main thing is that they were making me need to sit back and breathe deeply because bubs is so high that when the braxtons were coming, they were squeezing my diaphragm further.

Clalee, I flatly refuse to do the all fours, but that's because hubs gets a little carried away! I don't mind the on top one as long hubs is sat up too so I have a bit of support otherwise it's too painful with my hips. If you've got a little battery operated friend, then I'd say go for that as you're not having your hips bashed about x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies

Off to uni tomorrow til thurs so won't be on til fri

Clalee, hope wee Cameron is here when I get back xxxxx
  • Options
    Evening ladies!

Hope you've all had a good Monday?

Still felt a little bit rough today and was almost sick tonight - but that was down to the horrendous amount I ate after my Slimming World weigh in (another 3lbs off this week!). Still have strange nervous feeling in my stomach and buzzing feeling all around lower back and lower abdomen. Am going to test on Wednesday morning (if the tests have arrived!) - I'll be 10 dpo by then and using 10mIu tests that I've ordered online - I've got 10 sticks so will last me until AF is due to arrive. Strange pains seem to be worse in the evenings and at night - I think I'm up and about enough during the day to keep them at bay.

So tired so off to bed shortly. Will try and check in tomorrow. xx
  • Options
    Ooooh, actually I'll prob be 11 dpo by then!
  • Options
    A cbfm question after ov do you just get 1 line... it's only the first month using it so I don't really have a clue what is going on think it's given me highs now for 6 days...1 line has got gradually lighter each day and for last 2 days only 1 line that is dark
  • Options
    Wibble, from what I remember the line that is closest to the handle is the line that is there always, and the one on the left hand side furthest away is the lutenizing hormone line which should get darker and darker until it's as dark if not darker than the other line. Then it will disappear after ovulation.

Dotty, try and wait til you're 12 dpo if you can as it'll give you more of a chance of getting a positive result x
  • Options
    Hi girls, just dropping in very quickly to say congratulations again here to MN and Squeezed on the birth of your beautiful girls! Hope to catch up on everyones news soon xx
  • Options
    WW, I've posted a pic on the FB page of my sticks if that helps x
  • Options
    Vickster - I have everything crossed for your appointment on Thursday, I really hope there's an easy fix.

I don't feel quite as bad today I still can't breathe well but I have more energy so I'm off to meet hubs for lunch in a bit. I'm tempted by suggesting an indian near his office. Even their korma is normally hot for me so if I'm adventurous it might help on both fronts, the walk over there might do me good too.

Chic - I hope there'll be an BA for you to come back to but I make no promises. I did get some bh's for a while yesterday evening but it didn't amount to anything other than getting my hopes up.

LiB - I may be tempted, I hadn't thought of making hubs sit up for support not sure how it'll work with my huge bump, but if I still have some energy when he gets home I might be tempted to try it.

DB - good luck

ww - yep it's back to one line after ov.
  • Options
    Clalee, if you have him sit up against the headboard or wall it'll be easier for both of you, or have him sit up with the support of pillows so he's slightly reclined leaving room for your bump.

I hope the braxtons lead to the real thing! Enjoy your curry. x
  • Options
    HI Ladies!!

Firstly thanks to MrsM for telling everyone my news. I meant to text you after my waters went, but thought I'd wait until we'd visited hospital to see what they said in case nothing happened.. well it all ramped up so quick that I didn't get a chance! I'm going to try and write up my BS today and I'll post it here. For now, here is a wee pic of Ada, looking slightly less squished than she did when she first popped out.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6223/6381922597_c4f8959630.jpg

In the end it was certainly a far cry from the water birth I envisaged! We had some very minor complications during labour that led to the forceps delivery so we didn't get things like immediate skin to skin and M didn't get to cut the cord (which was clamped straight away, something else that would have been different in my ideal world), but just having her out safe was the main thing so I'm not going to dwell on it too much.

I'll catch up later too, I see Dotty is back so welcome back! Hope everyone's well, and clalee I really hope you get to meet little Cameron soon! He can't be far off, the lazy little man!
  • Options
    Hello lovelies!

Vickster, (((((HUGE HUGS))))) for you hunni. I hope they have an easy option for you. You've stayed so strong all through your journey, and especially lately for your hubs, I'm sure you will be strong enough to get through IVF if thats what they suggest for you, its amazing what we can do when faced with it. I wish there was a magic wand i could wave and have it all sorted for you with a super sticky BFP. I think it will be one of the biggest BFP dances ever known from us all when you get to do that post too! Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Rachey, enjoy the Christmas fair, we went last year between Christmas & New Year, if walking wasn't such an issue this year i'd suggest we go again its so nice.

Chic, hope you're couple of days at uni have gone well!

DB, how goes the SS'ing today? I'd probably wait until 12dpo too, if you test early and get a BFN you'll still be wondering what if. By 12dpo you're more likely to get a reliable result, BUT its still not 100%. Good luck though hun, i've got everything crossed for you.

WW, i think LiB and Vickster have answered your question. i have a serious problem remembering about all the different sticks now :? i used that many different tests for OV i can't remember which was which!

Clalee, glad you're feeling better today, and hope you enjoyed the curry. Good luck with the evicition plans tonight too image

Not sure if any of you were around/remember about my great aunt being in the hospital this time last year? She's back in again now, has been since last Thursday. Well today they've said that she's coming home tomorrow, but she thinks she's sat in an airport waiting to go to Scotland, amongst other things. Its awful, but i hope they don't send her home tomorrow, its such a worry. We all go round and make sure she's ok every day, but we can't be there 24/7. On top of this, her cancer has spread some more. We know she's posibly not got a lot of time left, just not sure i can deal with losing someone at christmas again :cry:

On a brighter note, I decided that last night was hubs lucky night, went in the bath, de-fuzzed, exfoliated, slathered myself in body butter, then he sat and played on Call of Duty so long i was asleep when he came to bed! :lol: Felt like a real wasted effort when i woke up this morning!

Time to get back to work i guess.

xxxx.
  • Options
    Hi Squeezed! Our posts crossed.

Ada is beautiful hun, i think she looks like you! Can't wait for your BS.

xxxxx.
  • Options
    Squeezedd, Ada is gorgeous! can't wait to hear all about the birth.

Looby, good for you to be able to de-fuzz still. I have no chance now. I can barely reach to the middle of my shins in the bath! I'd have paraded around the house starkers if hubs was p*ssing about on an xbox etc to see if he got the message, hehe.

• Options
    Squeezed, Ada is gorgeous image Hope you're recovering well, sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal x

Clalee, how'd the curry go?? Hope Cameron starts to take the hint soon if you put your eviction plans into practice!

Looby, thanks hun, I too hope there's a magic wand out there somewhere and if I find it I'll pass it on to Chic too!

Sorry to hear about your Great Aunt, hope she's still got some fight left in her to meet your bubba x

Had to chuckle at you falling asleep after making the effort to de-fuzz, I'd have to say I agree with LiB and make it blatently obvious I'd made the effort, hope he makes it up to you laterimage

Rach, thinking of you too hun x

LiB, hope you're not having any repeats of your braxton hicks episode x

Hey to everyone else x x x

Man this week is dragging, how is it not Thurs yet???
  • Options
    squeezed - she's gorgeous, so cute. I'm beginning to hope that our little man being lazy and laid back about coming out means he'll be a laid back baby is there any truth in that for you.

vickster - looby's right we'll all be completely over the moon when you post your bfp.

Looby - sorry to hear about your great aunt.

Hope your Oh makes it up to you after you made the effort to defuzz, I don't think I've been able to do that for a very long time. I haven't had the inclination to either, I guess being blonde is a bonus it doesn't show on my legs so I can go swimming without people knowing I've been lazy.

cheers LiB - I'll give it a try later,

well the curry was quite nice hubs tells me it had quite a kick, it definitely was spicier than i'd normally go for as I could actually taste it ( and for now at least I can breathe), I took a longer route back so I've walked a couple of miles and I'm currently sitting on my gym ball whilst typing this (bouncing is on hold). You never know he might take the hint, or at least get into a position so Thursdays sweep works. I was going to go out to the post office to send my ipod off (the one that's been recalled) as the return labels arrived today, but it's already dark so I might put that off till the morning.
  • Options
    Vickster, that magic wand is definitely for Chic's use too. I really hope that your hospitals can do something to help you both.

Clalee, i hope the curry/walking/birth ball combo does the trick and gets your little man moving.

Angie, i think it depends on the test you used, for normal OPK's i *think* its between 12 and 72 hours so get busyimage

I didn't explain the de-fuzzing fiasco that happened! i got stuck in a very awkward position, where my leg was above my bump and i was sideways in the bath, was ot a pretty picture i'm sure :lol: I will be going for round 2 tonight though, i've felt really guilty because my sex drive has completly disappeared, but these last few days it's come back, so yippee! image And i will definitely be telling him he's in for a lucky night tonight, no way am i going to that effort for it to be wasted again!

xxxxx.
  • Options
    Had a few light ones, and I think the baby has moved down a bit as shes not up in my ribs as much now.

I think you're fertile for 3 or 4 days after your peak so just keep bding x
  • Options
    Evening ladies!

Congratulations squeezedd! Ada is beautiful!

xxLoobyxx- the symptom spotting has continued!

I still have the strange "nervous" feeling in my stomach and lower back, especially in the evenings when I'm sitting or lying down. I said to my friend at work today that I'm worried it's all in my head. I'm just worried that, after Egypt in January, when I have no forthcoming holidays to distract me from my quest to be a mummy, that TTC is actually going to drive me insane!

My tests also arrived in the post today and, shock horror, I couldn't resist doing one after work and, shock horror, it was a BFN! Am going to try and wait til later in the week to test again!

Hope you're all having a good week!

xx