Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

Replies

• Options

Janice so sorry to hear your news I was so excited for you, but like you say keep on trying and better luck next month, keep positive girl! Xx

Faithryan that's good news I always get excited when I see that smiley face! Good luck bd'ing baby dust to you!

I'm on DPO5 nothing to report so far obviously luckily the Easter weekend has kept me a little distracted which is good 5 days and counting till I test image 

• Options

Kerry... Lol... we're both counting days in the tww! wish i could fast forward a few days! image. Keep us posted

• Options

Me too SW2 wish it was next Sunday, crazy we are wishing our lives away!

Keep us posted I will let you know how it's going image

• Options
    Hi Ladies!

Hope you have all enjoyed the Easter Break, I have eaten lots of chocolate and an Easter egg, not proud just confessing image

I'm 6DPO today, I have absolutely no symptoms at all, which is good I think as last month I had absolutely every early pregnancy symptom in the book I was a symptom spotting nutter and made myself very miserable, however I'm feeling much more relaxed this month I think I've realise that I need to be realistic and come to terms with the fact that this could take a very long time or in fact may not happen (given my age image) so I'm trying to be a little less stressed.

Anyway it's early days and even if it has happened this month I know I'd not have symptoms yet! Oh dear I'm obcessing I think! Arggg

Anyway how is everyone getting on?
  • Options

Hi girls 

Hope you are all well and looking after your selfs and the 2ww is not dragging too much for you all xxx

• Options

how is everyone doing?

• Options
    Im just 3 days on my period. . So not alot happening at the moment image SW2 what dpo are you now and how are you feeling? Xx
  • Options

Im doing ok thanks Janice... I'll be due for AF next wednesday & am vowing not to test before! ... Im really hoping for the best for all the ladies on here... It would be lovely to hear of a bfp from one of us soon! image

• Options
    It would be lovely, image its really hard to not test but I actually felt better not testing, I felt like I wasnt as stressed or anxious about it obviously my AF showed up... I would love to see a BFP this month from at least one of us.. im very excited for you ladies that are close to testing image xxx
  • Options
    Morning Ladies

Janice and SW2 I'm in your mindset I am not going to bother testing at all this month. I'm Mrs Grumpy head today as I have woken up with all the symptoms of 1 week before AF so I'm convinced I'm definitely out this month ????

Good luck to everyone else it would be so good to see a BFP on here this month

Xx
  • Options

Morning, sorry you're feeling like Mrs Grumpy today Kerry but dont forget early pregnancy signs are suppose to be the same as AF signs. Not that I'm encouraging symptom  spottingimage I know how you're feeling though, I could relate to your previous post about coming terms with it taking a long time or not happening. I've resigned myself to the same thing, and as I'm ttc #1 I don't know if it can happen! Even started reading the long term ttc and infertility threads! We just need to keep positive xx

SW2 good luck for Wednesday. I'll keep everything crossed for you. Keep us posted and it really would be great if one of us got a bfp this month xx

I've just got my 4th flashing smiley! Really expected my solid smiley by now as im on CD 14, hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime plenty of BDing for us. Just hope I get peak fertility before the weekend as im going away for the night with my sister! Baby dust to all xxx

• Options

Hi Sarah rowland2 i forgot to ask how your scan went? Fingers crossed all went well for you xxx

• Options
    Morning Faithryan, I'm just being a miserable old bat today lol! I'm a selfish cow really, I know it's still early days I'm the same as SW2 not due till next Wednesday but I really feel like it's not going to happen this month I get hot sweats and really bad mood swings about now in my cycle so I've kind of decided that's it for me this month, last night I almost slid out of bed with night sweat and I'm so grouchy today had 3 road rage incidents already and it's only 11 o'clock ????????

Keep positive I can only imagine how hard your finding things but I'm sure you will get there as hard as it is your time will come xx
  • Options
    Posted a blank reply above, apparently? Question for you more experienced opk testers - this is my second month testing and it's been weird. Last month, I started testing about 10 dpo and got faint second lines the first week; by the second week the second line was completely gone and I never got a positive. Period was a week late. Same thing happening this month, as if that hormone completely disappears as the month goes on, never surges. I'm scared that I'm not ovulating! This is the 4th month off bc, horrible acne ever since, and strong Pms symptoms a good week before period is due at least. It's driving me insane!!! And since we're living with the in laws right now, let's just say romance is very rare anymore. So my chances of pregnancy are slim to none. None, if I'm truly not ovulating!
  • Options

When are you testing? The tests can be quite difficult & a lot need to be well timed in terms of having held your pee for ideally 4 hours (& very limited liquids in this time) & need to be done at the same time each day.

a lot of people & tests say best time us between 10am & 2pm as that's when lh concentration would be at its highest. 

I though found the regular pink dye opks difficult to read & so switched to the clear blue digital ones... they are a little bit more expensive but are super easy to read (no more comparing line colour... It just does a smiley face when it detects the surge). Another great thing about the cb ones is it says you CAN use your FMU (first morning urine) which is much better for me as i couldnt go 4 hours during the day without drinking.

• Options
    Thanks for the reply sw2 - I never ever drink enough so I don't think it's too diluted but I haven't made an effort to make sure I'm testing at the same time daily. I might have to check out the clear blue ones though - then I would know for certain instead of trying to translate lines. image does anyone else feel insane jealousy toward people who 'oops got pregnant!' Grr! image
  • Options

You'll get there!. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself... Easier said than done I know but as hard as I find it.. I know it'll happen when it's meant to be.

my first pregnancy we got pregnant our 1st month trying... But that wasn't meant to be & i miscarried at 10 weeks.. As hard as that was... & now as hard as starting the ttc process again is, I absolutely believe it'll happen when it's right image

• Options
    I moved to the clearblue ones too because I found the dip tests confusing. On month two of the cb ones now.

Afraid I was one of those annoying people - first baby was very much tried for but fell pregnant 1 month after honeymoon. Very easy!

Paying for it this time!! 10 months ttc with 1 mmc in November
  • Options

Where abouts are you now in cd peeweesmum? Im losing track of peops now! image

• Options

Hi Leah 2, another vote here for CB OPKs. Much easier to read and being able to use FMU is far more convenient. Not to mention more exciting getting a smiley face!! 

Speaking of smiley faces I got my fifth flashing smiley today, still no solid smiley. Really thought I'd have got it by now. Hoping it comes tomorrow before I go away with my sister on Saturday!

How is everyone else getting on? xxx