Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

Replies

• Options

Hi Kerry, a warm welcome from me too.

Fingers still crossed Janice!

It's exciting to wonder who will be the first out of us to get a BFP image

I ordered this months supply of CBD sticks yesterday and added some wellman conception to the order too. Not told hubby yet, he'll probably be very offended that I'm implying his swimmers aren't swimming quite as well as they could. But I figure we're constantly tired and running around after a toddler this time round so it's good to have a little boost of vitamins. Best to have all bases covered image

• Options

Thank you peeweesmum!

I also bought the duo pregnacare and wellman conception tabs for my dp, he was fine about it luckily but have been struggling to get him to remember to take them, he's obviously not living and breathing this whole ttc malarky like me it's all I think of! Haha

Its very exciting waiting to see the BFP fingers Crosses to all image 

xx

• Options

Hi Ladies, Still no AF (and was VERY tempted to test this morning but didn't)  but not due until tomorrow, I still very much feel that I'm going to come on though, I know it's not over til she arrives but not feeling to positive. image  I have been having period pains for about 3 days now some times quite bad sometimes nothing also very thick creamy CM (SO FOR THE DETAILED INFO image). Can I ask you all something, I got an ovulation positive at DAY 11 would you class day 12 as 1dpo as that is what I have done so I think I'm 13dpo today is that right or could I still only be 11/12dpo as you are supposed to ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive test????? I'm confusing myself again haha.. I'm so happy this thread has taken off how it has as it's great to be able to chat image xxx

• Options

Hi Janice, it's all sounding pretty positive to me if your not sure exact day of ovulation I would be tempted to add a day on, so I would say you ovulated the day after the poss test that way you are being open minded about it so you could be at 12DPO, when did you last test?

My cousin is recently pregnant and one of the biggest signs was the increased thick creamy CM and the feeling she was about to get af.  I'm so excited for you keep positive!  Your 10 times better than me I would defo had tested by now ha!

• Options

I did of lot of reading to try & answer that question Janice as it was bugging me too... i dont think there's a definite answer but here's what i can fathom....

roughly 36 hours is lh surge beginning - ovulation

12 ish hours is is roughly from the lh peak - ovulation....

so say if you tested in the afternoon / evening & got a positive... That could be your LH on the way up but not yet peaked... If you'd have tested the following day & got negative then it would be over & you would be ovulating very soon (less than 12 hours).

so... Yes... From what i think i understand... You should count the day after pos opk as 0 then 2 days after pos opk as 1 dpo.

i could be wrong... It is very confusing!! image

• Options
    Thanks kerry I'm still not positive to be honest I just feel like I'm going to come on any day. . I only did 1 ovulation test it was 4pm on my son's birthday 4th april I just had a feeling and got a strong positive so didn't test again image

So SW2 I ovulated on the 4th and I have counted the 5th as 1dpo which means I would be 13dpo.. But really I should count the 7th as 1dpo so I would only be 11dpo today is that right lol bloody hell I'm lost lol..I only have 24-25 day cycles so I should be due on tomorrow which would only make me 12dpo if I counted the 7th as 1dpo.. Does that make sense. . Haha. It sort of does to me. Xxx
  • Options

Don't mind at all sarah rowland2, glad to have you following. I'm sure you'll be able to offer some pearls of wisdom along the way and will be good to hear how you're getting on. 

Id like to add a big welcome to Kerry too, the more the merrier. We understand the living and breathing ttc even if DHs dont. Mine certainly doesn't and keeps forgetting his wellman vits! Would be interested to know how you get on with the pregnacare, still not sure if it altered my cycle. 

Sorry you're out this month peeweesmum, here's hoping for better luck this month. Interesting you mention about short and long cycles. Looking back over the months, I too tend to alternate between  long and short cycles. I'm due a short one this month so will start my OPKs earlier. 

Have got everything crossed for you Janice. I too don't know when is the correct time to class as 1dpo. I class the day after smiley as ovulation day, then the day after that 1dpo. So was interested to read what SW2 had put. i wonder if the type of opks make a difference? the CB advanced give you high fertility and peak fertility. Im beginning to wonder if the peak is closer to ovulation, and the high they detect is equivalent to the smiley on regular opks, where you count as SW2 said. If that makes sense! May be that's why my cycle length altered and not the vits. Its all so confusing xx

• Options
    Ha Janice it does make sense and I think SW2 your right I got a possitive opk on Sunday evening right up to Tuesday so I think I ovulated tues or yesterday! I think anyway lol god it's so confusingimage
  • Options
    Hi Faithryan and thanks for the welcome image I've only just started with the pregnacare the day I started AF (3rdApril) so early days the only thing I have noticed is my first wee after taking it every day my wee is fluorescent yellow! I got freaked out the first time until I realised what it was, did that happen to you?
  • Options

Ha ha yes  bright yellow wee all the time Whilst I was on them, Its a very common side effect.  They also increased my ewcm, so was disappointed to stop them. Just couldn't risk it if it was them altering my cycle. I was stupid to introduce them and change OPKs in the same month, as I don't know what to blame! DH is still on the wellman though x

• Options

Ahh yeah tricky one, well hopefully you will be back to a normal cycle, like you say if it's them it's not worth it! 

Xx

• Options
    Good morning ladies. . Well I'm officially due on today (14dpo or could be 12dpo) depending how you count it. image my cycles are 24-25 days long and its day 25 today. . My only symptoms are period pains the last 4 days and still slight ones this morning totally convinced im going to come up.. CM still white and creamy. .face a bit spotty and I ended up bursting into tears last night after arguing with my 13 year old and his bloody I-pad.. What the heck!! Haha.. anyway I'm not officially late until tomorrow so I'm not going to be testing now until Tuesday as I want to have a enjoyable weekend with my 2 boys my partner and his little boy image but I will update you on which ever comes first, the evil witch or my test results on Tuesday image hope you all have a lovely Easter break.. xxxx
  • Options
    Wow Janice you have so much willpower! Fingers crossed you come back to us Tuesday with your BFP!

Enjoy your weekend

Xx
  • Options

Good luck Janice keeping every thing crossed that the evil witch dont show image i would have tested by now lol im no good at waiting lol xxx

• Options

Good luck!!!!

• Options

Good luck Janice, I too have got everything crossed for you xx

• Options
    Happy Easter ladies... well I said I would let you know and its 16dpo and I think the witch is deciding to rear her ugly mug.. just wiped and had a bit of blood after a few wipes no blood but this is defo the start of my AF.. so back to CD1.. Im ok about it though as it would have been due on boxing day which is a rubbish day haha image at least I still have all my testing strips left for next month.. so in a get in the same boat as you all again.. hope you are all doing well and enjoing your Easter break. Xxx
  • Options
    Ahh sorry about that Janice but yay for us all looking ahead to our next cycle.

Hubby and I are both on the vits now and the countdown is on to start ov testing next Saturday image
  • Options

Happy Easter, sorry to hear the witch has got you Janice. Hopefully we will all have better luck this month. I started opk testing yesterday and got a flashing smiley face today (high fertility) so time to start BDing and hopefully will have my solid smiley face (peak fertility) around Tuesday xx

• Options

Ah boo Janice!... But we have a good group of girls to keep us sane for the next month! image. Happy easter to everyone! Good luck to peeweesmum & faith ryan for the coming week's ov.