Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

Replies

• Options

Im doing ok thanks Janice... Im only on cd8 now so a little behind you guys!

• Options

Not far behind though image last month I was symptom spotting/worrying and stressing about everything.. this cycle I'm not doing any of those things and I am not going to test until next Friday exactly 2 weeks after my very strong positive ovulation test, as I was  down about getting a very faint positive then my AF arriving.. xxx

• Options

Well I couldn't wait so tested again this morning 11dpo and bfn again. Starting to think this isn't going to be my month But trying not to give up until AF arrives. Definitely not testing now until Friday!!! Thanks for the support ladies  and good luck xxx

• Options

11dpo is still early faithryan. I'm using cheapo dip tests off amazon which I've not actually had a positive on before so I don't know how reliable/sensitive they are. Maybe we both have to be nearer our actual due dates.

Starting to 'sign spot'. I've been getting what I can only describe as little stitch pains in my lower tummy. I think I had this with both of my previous pregnancies. I've also felt quite queasy the previous two mornings before I've got out of bed. However I'm also trying to remind myself that with both of my previous pregnancies I didn't really have many signs before the test.

It's so hard waiting. I find it hard too because I don't want to tell my husband every little sign that I spot because I've done it before and then not been pregnant and felt daft. I know he's thinking it too though - this morning all I said was that I felt a bit queasy and 10mins later he asked if I had a pregnancy test ready for Saturday image

So the wait continues... Good luck everyone image

• Options

Faithryan and Peeweesum there is still defo time for your BFP image I'm 6 dpo today and haven't really been symptom spotting, however today I have noticed my CM being quite thick and white TMI I know, image has anyone else at 6dpo had this and is it a sign if so a good or bad? I have also felt like I'm about to have my period strange as I'm still 8 days away from that. My fingers are crossed for us all, I'm beginning to get impatient again now but have a big conference with work tomorrow a busy day on Saturday and Lego land with the kids Sunday so that should defo keep me busy until at least Monday image xxx

• Options
    I've been reading this with interest. Recently stopped taking the mini pill and have been finding it hard to separate withdrawal symptoms from possible pg symptoms. I'm hoping I follow the family trend and it won't take long as I'm 35! Anyway, think I ov'd on Sunday. The withdrawal symptoms appeared to have gone, but now for the last day or so feel dizzy, tired and achy/sore all over again. Worst of all, if this is my first 2WW, I'm on holiday from work (at home), so desperately trying to take my mind off it. Sigh...
  • Options
    And thermometer, ov tests and hpts all in the post, lol!
  • Options
    Hi smurf5 image I have just turned 35 too image I had the implant taken out beginning of January and didn't have a period until 56 days later I was convinced Iwas having pg symptoms but I know now it was my body just getting back into the swing of things.. I'm now on regular 24-25 day cycles image keep us posted how your getting on? Will this be your first cycle since coming off the mini pill.? Xx
  • Options

Hi smurf 5... yeah keep us posted! Glad you came to join us all... Its nice to chat with others who are ttc... To hear how its going & obsess during the 2ww! (However much we try not to) ha! image

• Options

Im on cd9 today & so did my 1st opk for this cycle... Started earlier as you recommended Janice... I got the clearblue digital this time... I know they're a bit more pricey but SO much easier to use!! No more fannying around with checking which line is darker or not... Just circle or smiley face! image... Hopefully i'll get the smiley face soon

• Options

Welcome smurf5 pleased you've joined us. I'm assuming from your post you are trying for your first? I would love to say the 2ww gets better but sadly it doesn't image but thats why we're all here to support each other image 

thanks for the optimism Janice and peeweesmum but unfortunately I'm definitely out this month as AF arrived this morning. Not sure what's going on as this is the second month it's arrived on what should be 12dpo and usually it comes on 14dpo. Can only put it down to the pregnacare Vitamins messing up my cycle (I started them 2 cycles ago), or that I changed from using clear blue digital to using clear blue digital advanced OPKs. I'd assumed that the image on the advanced ones corresponded with the  image on the regular ones and the flashing image were just extras (if that makes sense). Maybe this isn't the case. Oh well I've stopped the pregnacare so will just see what happens this month, CD1 and counting! Got everything crossed for you guys, keep us posted xxx

• Options

Faithryan... I've heard a few stories about pregnacare messing up cycles a bit so it could be that.

Question... What's the difference between the cb digital & the advanced digital?? Pro's of that over regular digital??

• Options
    Aww faithryan stay positive it will happen soon. I don't know what pregnacare is I have just been taking folic acid. .SW2 love your saying "fannying about" haha hope you get your smiley soon.. How you getting on peeweesum? I keep telling myself I'm not going to test until next Friday but will probably Cave in earlier..xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that faithryan. I was on pregnacare for 2/3 months before my previous pregnancy. It changed my cycles, made them bang on 31 days. But the pregnancy didn't progress. The only difference that I could control between my pregnancies was taking pregnacare (only took folic with my first - successful - pregnancy) so I've not been taking it this time. Not that I'm saying it caused my problem but it's made me feel better not having it.

I'm ok thanks Janice. Husband is adamant we're not testing until sunday. He doesn't understand why I test early, he thinks I should wait until AF is late. I suppose it does sound a bit odd from the outside?!
  • Options

Guys def do not understand! ... Give 'em a dose of our hormones & see how they feel then! image

• Options

SW2 ive heard mixed reviews about pregnacare. some make it sound like a wonder vitamin so though it was worth a try, looks like my experience is like the bad reviews!! The difference between the advanced and regular clear blue digital is that the regular just test LH so tells you your 2 most fertile days. The advanced ones test 2 hormones and tell you your 4 most fertile days. You get a flashing smiley face for high fertility and then the permanent smiley face for peak fertility. Last month I got 3 high fertile days before my peak day. Fingers crossed you get you smiley face soon x

Thanks Janice I'm trying to stay positive but can't help getting the feeling it's going to be a long haul. Good luck for next Friday, or earlier if you cave like I did lol x

Thanks  peeweesmum I've got everything crossed for you for Saturday/Sunday, it sounds promising. I've stopped the pregnacare just in case and just taking the seven seas trying to conceive ones instead. it was strange this month my cycle was 31 days too, the longest it's ever been and my luteal phase was 2 days shorter than normal so something must have changed. oh and my hubby also doesn't understand testing early  and thinks i should wait until I'm late, he says 'you'll know soon enough',he doesn't   understand 'soon enough' isn't soon enough for us x

• Options
    Good luck for you today peeweesum.. and fingers crossed for you. Xxx
  • Options
    How is everyone getting on? It's 10dpo tomorrow for me and I'm itching to test. . (So much for me not testing until Friday) I'm now sure I won't last until then. . I'm not very positive this month though as haven't really had any symptoms. Going to try hold off though. . Xxx.
  • Options

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone... Updates needed! image

• Options

Hi everyone,

Well....on sunday I did an internet cheapie test first thing and it was negative. But I'm finding myself doubting them so when my husband went out for a paper I got him to get me some supermarket cheapies that I've used before. Took that early afternoon (after drinking lots of decaf coffee so it was quite diluted) and that was negative too. I've resigned myself to being out this month as I've had this before, but on paper I've still not come on and I've been having the odd positive symptom. So we've said we'll test again tomorrow first thing if I've not come on before.

As I say, I reckon I'm out. Had a couple of mild cramps this morning so expecting AF any minute.

Ah well, tick tock for another 10/11 days time to start again! image