Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

Replies

• Options

Keeping my fingers crossed for you peeweesmum. It's not over until the witch arrives! fingers crossed for you and Janice. How are you holding out Janice? Keep us posted. I'm back to CD5 so will start my OPKs next weekend. I hate waiting!!! Baby dust to everyone xxx

• Options
    Aww peeweesum keeping my fingers crossed too for you. . I think I may be on the same boat next month with you as I just don't really feel any symptoms. . Not even as if my AF Is coming which should be Friday.

Faithryan still not tested but it is getting harder but I would only use a pregnancy test with FMU.. so this morning I just ran to the bathroom without taking my pot or test strips lol.. so I couldn't test anyway. .haha.. probably Cave in before Friday though will keep you posted. Xxx
  • Options
    Well still haven't tested and already been to the toilet image but getting AF pains this morning with bubbling in my tummy the other thing is im getting a spotty face and a sore throat image that's it. . So I have a feeling I'm out this month to. . Still trying to hold out testing until Friday as that's when I'm due AF so still a little hope..xxx
  • Options

Well the witch got me this morning before I tested. So at least I didn't waste a test!

She was a particularly wicked witch this month being 2 days late according to when I ovulated.

I seem to have one long month of a 30-31 day cycle and alternate months of 27-28 days. Anyone else have this? It's almost as if I have one speedy ovary and one slow one! Anyway, we got pregnant last time on the shorter cycle which is this next month so fingers crossed for a January baby.

Didn't want to be giving birth on Christmas day anyway image

Still got fingers crossed for you Janice, although will be nice to do this all again together on this next cycle too image

• Options
    I said the same thing to my partner about a boxing day baby. . image my last 3 cycles are 24-25 days so really short and I have ovulated 9-10 days the last 2 cycles so the only postive to that is it doesn't take long to start over again image..peeweesum sorry to hear the witch has arrived image I feel the witch is defo creeping up on me I only have 3 days left, so I am totally ok with maybe starting all over again and at least we have this thread to keep us all going and trying to stay positive about everything..And chatting to you ladies image xxx
  • Options

Im still opk'ing.... Just done my test for today & was really expecting the smiley today as according to the calendar I should ovulate tomorrow...but nothing! image... Hmm... We'll just see what happens i guess!

sorry to hear that you're out for this month peeweesmum but will look forward to hearing all your updates next month!

good luck Janice for later this week!

• Options
    Maybe you will get your smiley tomorrow. . Fingers crossed for you. . What day are you on?

I have had period pains all bloody day image

So I doubt I will even be testing this month. It feels like I'm going to come on any minute my cylcles have only been 24-25 days long so if I do see the witch tonight or tomorrow my cycle will have only been 21-22 days! ! Will let you know if the witch rears her ugly mug before I even have chance to test. . Xxx
  • Options

Im on cd14 now.... just paranoid that it wont happen after reading about women having annovulatory cycles after m/c... But... We've been dtd anyway just incase! image. I will keep you posted on the smiley situation!

dont count yourself out yet janice... I had what i was sure was 'period imminent' cramps in the days leading up to my bfp in dec.... Started 2 dats before i was due but then it never happened!... So you never know... & it sounds like your timing was perfect... You must be so intune with your body to pick up on ov pains!.. I dont seem to notice anything.

• Options
    Maybe you just missed your surge so good your getting down to businessimage I just felt funny in my tummy and just decided to do the ovulation test the only one I did maybe I was just lucky. . I understand about the AF pains but I just feel she is going to come.. I'm ok about it though as im not letting it get me down. . However one of the reasons I dont want to test until Friday is as you know I got a very faint positive last month and the AF arrived and felt so deflated about it all so just don't want to feel like that again.. so the waiting game continues until friday.. keep us updated I love chatting with you all. Xxx
  • Options

Yes i think that's wise Janice... However early on it is that your bean doesn't make it it's always gonna be really tough... but that said... At least you know the swimmers are making it to the egg....That's a great sign for future cycles!! image.

well... I just tested for today & got the smiley face!!! Lol... Who would've thought you can get so excited over a blummin smiley face on a pee stick!! But i'm just so relieved as hopefully this means my body is back to normal so we have a chance this month. Couldn't have happened on a worse day though (typical mother nature!) as i am off now to do my volunteering for today.. My husband is on night shifts this week so didnt get home til 3am, will be gone when i get bk & not in until 3am again so i'm gonna have to see if the little trooper can get jiggy with it in the early am tmw after his shift!! Poor guy! Lol... Who would've thought i'd feel sorry for a guy that's getting some!! image

• Options

Hi Ladies

do you mind if I pop on board? Have been reading your thread and I'm in the same boat at the moment and SW2 I ovulated yesterday so will be doing the TWW the same time as you hopefully image

I'm ttc #4 lost my baby girl Grace at 16 weeks in February, my partner doesnt have kids so she was his first, so my second month of TTC have used CBD and got a smiley Monday think I OV yesterday. 

Janice any sign of AF?

kerry x

• Options
    Welcome Kerry! I'm sure all the other ladies will agree that we'd love to have you join us image
  • Options

Marvelous! Thank you image 

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss... I also had a miscarriage in feb at 10 weeks. (My 1st baby)...So I really do know how you feel.. & will be feeling as we go through this tic malarkey together! X
  • Options

Thank you, and to you too it's just such an awful experience, my baby had a very high nuchal reading at the 12 week scan we went for a second scan and she was diagnosed with fetal hydrops a rare condition that in such a young fetus is not good, we had the cvs test which came back clear, we went back at 16 weeks for a follow up scan and sadly she had died within the last few days.  I then had a managed miscarriage and delivered her 2 days later, it was the most scary painful and sad experience of my life and I feel so sad.

i'm so sorry you have been through the same experience it truly is a terrible thing, but like you say we can gain some comfort and support from one another and I truly hope and believe you will get your rainbow baby. xx

• Options

we are also supposed to be more fertile following a mc so fingers crossed image 

• Options
    Welcome kerry.. Really good to have you on board more ladies to chat to. .That's brilliant SW2 image I'm excited for you. . And I'm sure your other half won't mind

;)

Yes that's definitely a positive way of looking at it.. image no nothing yet kerry im 12dpo today just had slight cramping and a very bubbly tummy today after having quite strong period pains yesterday and the day before. I'm still convinced she is going to rear her ugly face though. Still keeping my fingers crossed but like I have said if she does its onto the next month and makes it so much easier with you ladies to speak to and have support.. Keep us updated kerry and I'm so happy for you SW2, XXX.
  • Options

Hello ladies

Just wanna say its so nice to see such a supportive group forming here image as you ladies know or most of you do i had 2 m/c last year my last was december and i was pregnant again by feb so it can happen quickly, im 12 wks tomorrow never thought i would get this far after last year!

Keep strong girls and il be following your stories if you dont mind xxxx

• Options

Thanks Sarah your story gives us hope!

Fingers crossed Janice it ain't over till the Witch arrives image

i shall be watching this thread like a hawk and keeping you updated 

xx

• Options

Yep thanks Sarah!... Im so happy things are going well for you this time & i will be watching out for your posts over the coming months with news on your little one... & scan pics!! image