Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC baby number 1, looking for a buddy

Replies

• Options

Oh ok a have a few friends that live in north so was wondering... 

• Options

I used to want a girl, and didn't really want a boy, but you get so many really nice baby boy things, and I would love to have one now. 

It seems that we are all really close in our AF's, so we will all be testing round about the same time. Hopefully the BFP's start rolling in x

• Options

I don't really mind either way but I'm a haemophilia carrier so if we have a boy there'll be a 50% chance he has haemophilia. It's fine but I'd rather it not be on my first given I have no idea how to look after a baby, let alone one with a bleeding condition!

Yes fingers crossed one of us gets a BFP at the next round of testing! I doubt it'll be me - at first I was really excited and constantly thinking I was pregnant, but I have calmed down now and realise it might be a while x

• Options

Hi Rebecca & everyone else that has joined! I'm 26 years old from Cali.

Sab your son is so cute! OMG my heart would have dropped if I would have seen the positive test... then to realize it was an ovulating stick! I will be testing this week too. Let's all pray for our BFP!

Baby dust to all!

• Options

Hi Angel! Argh I have woken up this morning with a pre-AF sort of crampy feeling. Not sure if she is on the way or it's just another post-pill symptom. Guess I'll just have to wait and see... I don't think I'd be too disappointed if she made an appearance as at least it would be a sign my cycles were slowly getting back to normal...

• Options

Oh no 😕 But yeh that's the up side... I woke up with a big spot on my face and like every month that usually happens the day before AF comes....so not looking good for me either hun x

• Options

Morning ladies! 

AF was due this morning but no sign yet. I'm not at all hopeful though. Going to test on Thursday am if she doesn't show by end of tomorrow. 

I really can't call it, I've had funny pains all week at which I've read could be bedding in pains, but then could also be nothing! 

fingers crossed for all xx 

• Options

SugarandSpice, I was the same! we could have DTD on the Monday and by the Wednesday I wanted to take a test...I knew I wasn't pregnant, but I just constantly wanted to test.

I'm scared in case my job is too stressful to conceive, because I've been told a lot of stress in your life reduces the chances of falling pregnant...and if I'm stressed at work, then coming home and stressing about falling pregnant, I've no chance😰X

I meant to post that this morning at 12:30 by the way....

AF still hasn't shown, I've just woken up with a really sore head. I don't normally get any cramps or anything like that when AF is here, so I don't have any indicators of when it could be coming x

• Options

I know what you mean about the stress Rebecca - I gave up my job back in December due to various issues with unfair treatment but before that I was super stressed about it to the extent I wasn't really sleeping and my heart would start pounding just thinking about being there. It wasn't like me at all as I'm generally not a stressed person. Fortunately my husband was nice enough to suggest I take a break from it all to finish writing my book and I'm way more relaxed now. I know it's hard because knowing you're not "supposed" to be stressed is only likely to make you more stressed. I would recommend wine, hot baths and gym workouts for destressing (not sure if you like / do any of those things anyway)!

My main worry about getting pregnant while still working was that I'm not the best sleeper - I tend to fall asleep around 2 or 3 naturally, so when I was working I really wasn't getting enough sleep (I started at 9). Oddly enough now I'm not working I'm actually falling asleep earlier than before! 

Haha I have no idea whether my cramps are ACTUAL cramps or the results of eating half a large pizza last night 😂 x

• Options

See, I like wine, but if I open a bottle I could easily finish the bottle that night, and they say if you're trying for a baby to cut alcohol out all together, so I'm scared in case I fall pregnant, and then have wine and it causes me to miscarry....

and I like the occasional bath, but only if I'm sore or anything like that, so I might try and have more baths.

here, there's nothing wrong with eating half a pizza to yourself! If it tastes good, eat it. That's probably terrible advice but still, we can eat anything we want haha x

• Options

It's okay, I went to the gym just before and I also got back from a week of skiing on Sat so I figure it's fine! My diet is generally pretty good so the odd pizza can't hurt right?! 

I know what you mean about the wine - my initial plan was to be super good and have maybe one or two glasses a week if we went out for dinner - that lasted about 2 weeks! It's not like I'm going out a few times a week getting really drunk or anything so I figure it's not the worst thing in the world. I just like to have a few glasses of wine e.g. watching a film or eating dinner, and obv not every night. I did have one rather drunken night when we were away though (it ended up with me deciding it was a good idea to dive face first into a huge mound of snow) and I felt HORRIBLY guilty about it even though I knew it was unlikely I was pregnant.

I basically weighed it up and decided the extra relaxation I get from a drink or two was probably worth it. Until I get my BFP that is - I MIGHT consider having a small glass of wine once a week if I fancy it after that but I don't know yet. I might end up being too paranoid! x 

• Options

Exactly, you have people that don't know they are pregnant until they are 6/7 weeks gone, and they go out every weekend and get ridiculously drunk, and nothing is wrong with their baby once they're born. So the odd glass isn't going to hurt. The more I try and resist it, the more I want it x

• Options

Hi. Thanks for inviting me to join this thread!

Me and hubby are dying to TTC and planned to start in January, but no period since December! Argh!

An under active thyroid is messing my cycles up but medication will hopefully help. Also trying all the other things; Asgus Castus, aspiring, Evening Primrose Oil and Folic Acid.

Good luck all! May we all be expecting in 2016 xx

• Options

Rebecca that's exactly what happened to me, was drinking heavily every weekend and when I found out I was pregnant I was already 8 weeks 4 days...felt really bad but baby was fine x

• Options

My mum was similar. She didn't realise she was pregnant with me til 6 months (combination of continued bleeding, highly irregular periods to start with, tiny baby and no other symptoms). She wasn't a big drinker anyway but definitely did drink at least once a week. And I think I turned out fine (although I do have a decent appetite for alcohol 😂).

Hi TJ! It must be so frustrating waiting for AF to show. For all I know I might be in the same boat - just off the pill 6 weeks ago but my periods were irregular before I went on (14 years ago) and no idea what they are like now...

• Options

hmm I've just started cramping...AF may be making an appearance :( 

I haven't stopped drinking but I have been making a conscious effort to drink less in general. In the 2ww I try to only have a couple. 

Its so difficult though. I had a cold last week and didn't want to take anything in case I was pg, so it dragged on and on! 

• Options

TJ, my cousin has an under active thyroid and she has two children now, one at 6 and one turning 1 next Friday...she has had two miscarriages since finding out about the thyroid problem, not sure if they are linked though. 

Willow I've had a headache all day, and I'm not wanting to take anything in case I am pregnant, and it just isn't showing up on the tests.

The only thing I've been taking is folic acid, but I don't think that it increases the chances of falling pregnant, I just think it helps with the baby's development in the first 12 weeks....

And the way my day at work is going, I want to have a massive glass of wine😩 X

• Options

Thanks, Rebecca.

My doctor says it may just take a few months to settle but should be ok. Just being impatient at the moment :-)

You have an image that TTC will be a romantic experience...oh how naive! Haha. Fingers cross to all x

• Options

I try not to take many painkillers anyway but on my trip last week I really hurt my shoulder while skiing and it was bad enough I couldn't really sleep - my husband made me take some ibuprofen in the end but generally I have tried to go without all medicine if poss, including anti-histamines.

It's date night tonight and we are planning to cook something nice together so will most definitely be drinking some wine tonight personally! (Weird that I am so militant with the medicine but not with the wine!)

I have been taking the Centrum pre-pregnancy multi-vitamins (with folic acid). I have heard vitamins possibly don't do much but figured they couldn't hurt...

• Options

Sugar I am exactly the same - refuse to take medicines but with wine I'm so Laid back! Crazy. I just figure it could take a year to conceive so I'm trying not to bee too hard on myself! 

I'm taking pregnacare conception but if I'm honest I think it's made my cycles dead long! But at least they are consistently long now. Win some lose some I guess. X