Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC baby no 1

Replies

• Options

MissKiwi you're so helpful, thanks so much!! 

Omah, hope AF doesnt show up for you either!

• Options

No sign yet

• Options

Hi Omah, im out for this month. Temp is down to coverline and have major cramping AF is coming today for sure. Probably within the next couple of hours. Good luck to you hun

• Options

hi ladies ... I had an ectopic pregnancy in March this year .. I'm dying to try again but have to wait due to going to Mexico in September because of the Zekro virus ... 

I need advice ... would it be ok to start trying whilst in Mexico ?? 

• Options

Hello ladies, hope all is well.

Just a little update for you all. 

Doctor called me back today with the results from my 21 day blood test. She said that my levels were low but I AM OVULATING 🙌🏾

So just looks like it is a long waiting game now with TTC but they are referring me to a fertility clinic to see where I can go next. 

• Options

Thats good mrswray! Is it your progesterone that is low? They might give you progesterone supplements :)

• Options

Fruity its a personal decision, I personally would want to make sure I hadn't contracted the virus before trying, but as I said very personal decision!

• Options

MrsWray - yay! So happy for you!

• Options

No sign of Af 

MrsWray am happy for you that it well

Misskiwi never give up, next month is another one okay, no sign of Af for me yet still wondering what is happening 

• Options

MissKiwi … the doctor never said what was low as in progesterone but I am thinking it is that as she said that I was ovulating but it was a low count on that 21 day blood test as it is never done on 21 day as it is sometime hard to work out the right timing but I AM ovulating so I am happy with that. Just hope it happens for us soon but I'm not rushing things as it all happens when it happens. Didn't know there was anything I could use or take for it, what supplements do you think I could use Or you recommend?

Thank you DixieTrix and Omah just a waiting game now I guess. 

• Options

I am also well stocked up on my ovulation test sticks so nothing holding me back this month haha. 

• Options

Good luck MrsWray on your next cycle.. still wondering what's happening as no sign of Af yet, if no Af till Sunday then I will have to test.

I can't even spot any symptom, just had stomach ache few days ago,temperature is a bit high,stuffy nose yesternight, then just today am beginning to feel slight pain on my boob. Am not concentrating on any of these at all, am trusting God. 

• Options

Well hopefully this is my last day of AF, so let's see where it goes from there.

I've 30 Ovulation test sticks so I'm hoping it'll be a BFP on them for us to start 👶🏾 making this month. 

• Options

Hi ladies 

how are we today?

• Options

Misskiwi how is Af treating, hope not bad?

MrsWray and dixietrix how is it going with you?

Fruity have you finally made a decision?

• Options

No no decision made as yet. Really don't no what to do. 

Even to start trying whilst out there?

do you  think I would be silly? Honest answers :) 

• Options

Omah, I'm on cycle day 4 already, ordered my 20 opks last night and waiting for them to arrive, time if flying by thankfully!!

• Options

Hi there I've just this second joined this site. I'm very very new to all this. Just decided a week ago that we were ready..(! ) very excited about being a mum one day but finding all this 'checking' really scary. How do you all know what you're doing and where you are in your cycle and whats the  2 week wait all about! ?  Any guidance from anyone gratefully received!   Thanks x

• Options

Hi stuzy, welcome! 

we all have different ways of knowing, some people take it easy and just bd (baby dance) every second day throughout their cycle, some people use ovulation tests so they can time their bd near ovulation. Others like me use ovulation tests AND take my basal body temperature and record it which is called 'charting'. I do this to confirm ovulation took place and so I know exactly where I am in my cycle.

The two week wait (2ww/tww) is the time from ovulation to the time that your AF (aunt flo/period) is due. Proper technical term is the Luteal Phase (LP) and is in general about two weeks long though this differs slightly from person to person. Mine is 13 days. You will hear about it alot because this is the time that people are waiting to see if they get their period or can take an early pregnancy test.

feel free to ask me any questions you like! You will see a lot of abbreviations on this site so I will do my best to explain what they are in my replies. Some common ones are:

AF - aunt flo/period

OPK - ovulation test

HPT- home pregnancy test

BD - baby dance (sex 😋)

2ww- two week wait

LP - luteal phase

OV - ovulation

• Options

Misskiwi thank you x.  Most appreciated.  I must have a lot of reading to do then eh. Haha. I'm trying to understand the abbreviations so here goes!!! I've ordered the opk sticks just waiting for them to arrive. My last AF Was 14 Jul for 5 days so I'm now heading towards my OV time.... I think? We've not ttc daily just every few days. Trying to understand why we ttc any day other than OV day.... ?  Wonder how long this will take. Have you been trying a lot?  I'm impressed with all the knowledge with this being everyone's first!    Thanks again x