Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August TWW

Replies

• Options

Snap im also on cycle day 5! app is predicting ov on 28th but going by my history it's a day out so more likely to be 29th. I feel like our BD method gives us the best chances, it's similar to SMEP. Maybe I'll continue BD afterwards for a bit longer this time but usually both worn out by then. I don't know about you but I try and work out where I've gone wrong with previous months but I don't think there's much more we can do other than keep trying and doing what we're doing. 

• Options

What a conincidence! My app has predicted ovulation as being the 31 July, but the bloods will tell me more. Haha, I can sympathise with being worn out. One month we went for 10 days straight, it was very taxiing. Yea, I try and learn from month to month, but I agree with you, we can only keep trying. 

• Options

I am already on CD19, but my last cycle was 43 so predicting similar again, so will be due to ovulate on the 30th, but no idea what my body is doing as still only 2nd cycle off the pill. We started BDing from CD10, hoping that I would cover all bases in case of early ovulation. Not doing OPKs yet as want a couple months relaxed first. 

• Options

Loulou15, good idea on covering all bases. It can take a while for your body to adjust to being off the pill and good idea on being relaxed. I stopped using opk’s because I never got a real positive and it was confusing and stressing me out. 

• Options

Hopefully having bloods done will give you a better chance this month AK83. 

Lou Lou don't be too worried about using doing OPK's, they actually give me peace of mind that I have dtd at the right times but i can see why some people not like them if they are getting unclear results. 

I have regular cycles and always get clear ovulation tests along with the right symptoms to acompany this so not sure what's going wrong for us. So frustrating! 

• Options

Lacey Til, yea fingers crossed the blood tests will help, at least I will know for sure if I’m ovulating and how long my luteal phase is. 

I swear it’s all luck! I know I only have a 20% chance each month to conceive at the highest now that I’m over 35. Hopefully Lady Luck smiles on all of us this month! 

• Options

Hi all, I’m 3 days away from af, she is definitely coming so I’m out and joining this group, not overaly sure when I will ovulate as just going with the flow and have deleted all my apps, baby dust to everyone formext month xx

• Options

Endoprincess, sorry to hear! I don't blame you for throwing everything out the window, it can become so stressful can't it!

• Options

Yea I definitely over obsessed this month, even took my fitbit off, i was just constantly checking my my heart rate, then I started making up symproms in my head even though I knew deep down I wasn’t so it’s time to take a step back and just chill out lol

• Options

Oh no, your poor thing! I hope you can relax this coming month!

• Options

I'd like to think I'm more relaxed than previous months but in all honesty I think I'm just learning to distract myself from symptom spotting (which is good) but otherwise I'm still pretty obsessed with the whole ttc. I go through waves of positivity and giving myself little pep talks and feeling good, to then being a complete emotional wreck crying in my bathroom thinking something is awfully wrong with us. I really hope Lady Luck is with us this month too AK83. April babies all around! 

• Options

Welcome Endoprincess! It must be so frustrating for you ladies, I am only on month 1 of trying and want it so badly so can't begin to understand how you all must be feeling. 

Are you all trying for baby no.1 or 2 or maybe even 3? 

• Options

Baby No.1 for my husband and I. This is our 9th month trying, GP wants me to see the year out before doing any tests etc which is fair enough. 

• Options

Baby No. 1 for me too! 

• Options

Ok so I may have used an opk today.. even after I said I wasn't going to... But with cm increasing and having some twinges/sharp stabbing pains near my right ovary I had to take a test to see if I was ready my body right... Soo would you say this test is positive? image

• Options

Yes! Get bd Lou Lou 😉 Good luck xxx

• Options

Thanks!! The only problem is my hubby is out tonight so will have to make do with tomoz morning and will try to keep going Saturday and Sunday. Hope that will be enough! 

• Options

Hey jumping on TTC baby no.2 due to ovulate at the end of the month af been here 4 days

• Options

Loulou15, that is definitely a positive! Good luck!

Lillian2410, Welcome! I am due to ovulate at the end of the month also, good luck!

• Options

I have been experiencing really painful ovulation cramps, quite sharp and last for a few minutes at a time. 

Sadly won't be BDing this morning, as it's my hubby's grandma's funeral today and he is really emotional today. We DTD on Monday, and will try tomorrow, but don't think that will be enough.