Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

trying for an August 2019 baby

Replies

• Options

So my opk was positive at 3pm yesterday. And was even darker at 6pm. Today I did it at 7am and was positive but ligter then the 6pm test. Have just done another test and its negative. So the surge was definitely yesterday afternoon/evening. 

DTD Sunday. Yesterday x2. And will just do it for the rest of the week 😂 

so sad I know and need to calm down but I’m so happy I finally had a positive opk!! 10 weeks I’ve been off the pill and it’s taken until now for me to have my first positive. All fingers are crossed that this month (month 3) is the one. 

How is everyone else? 

• Options

Lea2018 Aww sound like you’ve ovulated and sending you lots of baby dust that those swimmers got to the egg.x 🙏🏽

• Options

I'm still waiting for the witch to leave. think it's about at the end now as not much in the cup this evening. can't wait to start trying for this month

• Options

AF came today. I’m going to try OPKs for the first time Later this month

• Options

Hey all, please could someone explain the abbreviations so I know what they mean?? I'm guessing AF is period in which case I have mine right now therefore hoping to start trying again as soon as it stops! 

Haven't used the ovulation tests, would you definitely recommend them? Where shall I get them from?  

I have been relying on sore nipples as a sign of ovulation as that's a symptom I get.

Thanks for any advice x

• Options

yes AF is period

opk- ovulation predictor kit

BFN - big fat negative

BFP-- big fat positive

hope this helps

• Options

Hi Katie Louise here's a few to get you started. 

AF = Aunt Flow 

BD = Baby Dancing (sex) 

DTD = Doing the deed 

OPK = ovulation predictor kit 

TTC = trying to conceive 

FMU = First morning urine 

DPO = days post ovulation 

HPT = Home pregnancy test 

BFP = Big fat positive 

BFN = Big day negative 

• Options

Hey everyone. AF arrived early by a day. Sigh, and I got the results from my doctor. My uterus is scared and both my tubes appear to be blocked, so I actually need a surgery to correct all of this. And they have availability in January, so I have to wait till January, since conception chances are slim. Sigh. Atleast I got answers. 

• Options

Hey annie88. I’m sorry u have to go through all of that. Is there any reason as to how they got blocked or is it just one of those things? Sorry if too invasive I’ve just never really heard of this before. At least u know what The issue is and that it is fixable. 

• Options

Hi Genebella, 

I have a daughter, who is 6, but had complications with her birth, and had retained products ( placenta ) left in me for a month, had a surgery to remove that, and the surgery in my uterus caused the scar tissue, which is interferring with the embryo latching to the uterus. Also, looks like both my tubes are blocked, so they doubt that the mr and mrs ever met up for a long time. 

• Options

Awww I’m sorry Annie but at least it can be fixed. Concentrate on a really happy Christmas and you’ll be Ttc before you know it. At least you won’t be wasting time, you’ll have that bfp soon.xxx

• Options

So according to glow ovulation was yesterday. 

I had my 2 positive opk Monday but also had a positive yesterday morning too. Although it was lighter than the ones on Monday. 

Would you say ovulation was yesterday or today? I’m unsure 😐 

anyWay. We dtd Sunday. Monday x2 and yesterday. will again tonight and tomorrow too to make sure all days are covered. 

anyone on the same cycle as me? Xx 

• Options

Ah I see Annie thanks for sharing. Hopefully you will be able to get sorted out in Jan and then get your bfp! 

• Options

Annie so pleased you have some answers but sorry to hear you have to have surgery. Stay positive and who knows what next year will bring. I'm really wanting some answers now, I think my endo surgery from last year may be causing scare tissue but I really don't want anymore surgery but will cross that bridge if we come to it. I'm such a worrier and over thinker!! 

• Options

also lea I can get positive opks 4 days in row sometimes but you only need to rely on the first positive. I don't test anymore once I get a positive as that's the only test that matters apparently. So you'll ovulate somewhere between 36hours after your first positive opk. As long as you dtd every other day around this time then you've done all you can. Hope this helps 😊

• Options

Thats great news for you Annie! Not that you have to have surgery, but that you now have a reason that can be sorted! No more wondering and worrying. You can enjoy Christmas knowing that the new year will hopefully bring you a bfp! 

CD 11 for me today, but as always a long wait for CD23 until I ovulate. Last month's 'relaxed' approach didn't work, so this month's plan is 'going for it full force' with opk's, temping, cm charting, using the ovia app, and every other day dtd. Started multivitamins, and a blood test and sperm sample from me and hubby at the docs due at the end of the month. Don't think I can do much more than that! 

Baby dust to all  x

• Options

Cd 24 today!! Usually don’t get af until 33-35 so a little while until I find out if this month is positive!! Fingers crossed!!! i Used opk with my first and always got a positive at about 17-19.... if I’m unsuccessful this month will start opk tests again 

• Options

Apparently I’m 1DPO and I’m over this 2 week wait already. Does it ever get any easier? I’m impatient at the best of times. 

Have felt like I have been having twinges in my left side today by my hip. Hoping its not in my head.

dont really know what to expect in this 2 week wait as it the first time I’ve actually ovulated. 

baby dust to all ❤️

• Options

Hey. Thanks for the support. I am happy I found answers, but so impatient about the 3 month wait now,. The scar tissue can attribute to miscarriages even later on in the 2nd trimester too acording to articles online. So now we have changed from trying to conceive to trying NOT to conceive till January after the surgery, which knowing my luck will happen during my ovulation days and I have to wait till February to start trying again. Feeling a little bit of pressure off my shoulders however. 

So all you ladies, if you think your TWW ( two-week-wait) is awful, think about my 3 month wait . Haha. The doctor did not say out loud don't try and get pregnant, so I am not sure if I should keep trying incase I got hit the lottery. 

• Options

Annie you've made it this far so another 3 months is nothing compared to how long we've been trying! Stay positive and I really hope you make a speedy recover and are able to get back ttc ASAP. It's a long-ish wait for me too hubby sperm analysis isn't until the end of the year which means no results until new year and I haven't even been referred yet as everything is pending on OH's results (Just the way my docs does things). It's good we are moving forward but all this waiting is killing me. You'd think we'd be used to it by now 😩