Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a BFP in August 2020

Replies

• Options
    @Rosegold89 the temp they take on your forehead isn’t the same, firstly because you’re awake and moving around and secondly cause it’s on the forehead! So I wouldn’t worry about that at all. 
    I honestly don’t know about the OPKs, all I can say is that perhaps you did get a peak but you were asleep? 
    I’m not sure how long you’re cycles are and where you are at, but if you’ve never had a long cycle then it’s more than likely that you just missed the peak at night. 
    That’s what I would think anymore because I personally have never had a cycle longer than 29 days! So really would be strange to ovulate really late. 

@Kieneyl it could very well be!!! Fingers crossed for you it is!! 
    So sorry to hear of your mc’s, I really hope you have your rainbow soon. 💓 🌈 
    definitely too early to take a test now. 
    I had implantation bleed with my son, I took a test I think about 5 days later and it was a good strong positive! 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk I've no idea where I'm at cycle wise either 😆😆 it's only my second month charting, and I've had 3 long cycles in a row (which are now being investigated) but before lockdown I had regular 31 day cycles. I'm back at work now and back in routine, and if I ovulated when I think I might have according to my chart then it would make this cycle normal length for me pre-lockdown 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ my temps aren't as high as last month though so was already thrown off, then also by not getting a positive opk when it seemed to be leading up to it has all made me doubt myself.

Here's my charts for reference. I think last month I just really wanted to see I ovulated and I did so this month I started off all relaxed and took a break over my period. Then I wasn't expecting actually to see anything on opks and wasnt paying attention and now this. I've got to have a blood test in a week to check if I ovulate and I wanted to have evidence to help me be confident I do but this month I don't know what's happened 😕 I definitely wasn't expecting it already of I have 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
    Every month I tell myself I'm not going to obsess and well we can see how well that's going 😂😂
  • Options
    So because I’m a POAS addict, I tested today at 8dpo, in the afternoon and think I’m getting what I think are faint positives? 🤞 but it’s sooo early and not even FMU.. 

also, @Rosegold89 I too didn’t actually get a surge in LH this month which is odd for me. It got darker but never surged! So there’s definitely hope that you O’d (if this is a positive for me)

please let me know what you guys think!! Gonna test with a FRER tomorrow AM with FMU! 

These were both taken within the time frames

Here are FF and premom charts too:
    FF has dotted line because it detected ov earlier than normal. I usually ov between 14-17dpo

• Options
    @Kd050811 I can see a line! I get positives from 8dpo! Fingers crossed, take another with fmu xx
  • Options
    @Kd050811 I see a line too! So exciting! I really hope it's the real deal for you 😊
  • Options
    @Fairycakes88 and @Mary58 thank you both for the positive vibes. I really hope they work, as I feel this journey is destroying me because of how dh is physically. 

@Clarissa78 I'm totally with you hoping I get pregnant asap, as I'm also an older mum and know time isn't on my side. That's why it's even more frustrating that dh won't play ball when we need to. 

@Ashwee2428 that's exactly what I said to my dh last night. I do not enjoy all the peeing on sticks, temperature taking, taking extra vitamins, not drinking, not doing so much physical exercise so I don't get too hot and don't put a strain on my body.....and so for him to do the bare minimum and then be slack on the bding when that's all he's really expected to contribute is extremely frustrating and upsetting. 

@Kieneyl that's what my implantation bleeding looked like when I've been pregnant, so fingers crossed! 

Babydust to all x
  • Options
    @Rosegold89 Once my OPK's start getting darker, I test every 12 hours, and sometimes 6 hours if its getting darker very quickly. I had my peak and it disappeared within 12 hours. I tried to attach a picture so you can see. I started testing when AF ended because I just came of the pill and was unsure how my cycle would go.
  • Options
    @Poca92 yes I see, yours came and went quite quick!
    I think I'm just surprised I would have ovulated so early after having 3 40+ day cycles. It does also seem like it would be a real big coincidence to have got a random few dark opks and then a temp rise 2 days later, but I guess life has done weirder things.
    Of course my temp could go back down again tomorrow and it could mean nothing 🤷‍♀️ I guess I'll have to wait and see

• Options
    Obsessive question number 2!
    Do you all find that your temperatures rise to the same temperature every month? Or is it sometimes higher/lower? 
  • Options
    @Rosegold89 I havent tried BBT before. But I probably will if nothing works out for me this month. Luckily (or not so luckily) my ovulation seemed to be accompanied by stabbing pain in my lower abdomen so maybe I wont need to track BTT.
  • Options
    @Poca92 you're lucky! I hope your body continues to give you the signs! Mine likes to play tricks on me 😆
    Bbt is good that it can help confirm it's happened but I also find it something else to obsess over as I'm sure you can tell 😂 plus I'm not a fan of waking up super early to take my temp 
  • Options
    @Rosegold89 my temps are sometimes different each month. Some are clearly low then higher after ovulation, and others are really jagged temps most of the way through, which are harder to read. 

I've attached some to show you. The top one is after I had the ERPC. X

• Options

• Options
    This one is my current cycle x
  • Options
    @Mary58 I usually have a 27/28 day cycle. I started testing on CD 8 this month and say 4 high days followed by my peak (I use Clearblue ovulation kit) I get worried that it’s such a small window of opportunity I don’t want to miss it! Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I’m new here. This waiting thing is crazy. Last yr I got pregnant without knowing it. Has a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks so a year later ttc and it’s 14dpo and all negatives. Period is supposed to come in 2 days, so not super encouraged but still
    have to see if AF comes. 
  • Options
    @Kd050811 there is definitely a line there! Are you going to test again? 

So I thought I was 16DPO but I ran out of OPKs so may be wrong. I’ve had really bad cramps the last 3 days (like AF is coming) and this fertile CM. AF still hasn’t happened. But I did this test this morning and there is the slightest positive line. I got a BFN 2 days ago. I’m wondering if anyone ever got such a late positive? And when should I test again? 
  • Options
    @KristyH I think i can see a shadow but the photo is at a funny angle ! Everything crossed for you 🤞 x
  • Options
     Know my chart probably means nothing at 5dpo but every month after ovulation my temps are high but jaggered but they are stable high this month ! Hoping thats a good sign x
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 thanks! It's good to know there is normality in the fluctuations.

@KristyH sorry I can't see anything in that photo. I am very sleepy though 🤷‍♀️

@Chloe888 hopefully that's a good sign! Fingers crossed 🤞🤞
This discussion has been closed.