Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2021- let's see those bfps 😍👶🏼🎉

Replies

• Options
    @Melrad12 thank you- I’m glad it’s not just me that’s been thinking about this haha you are right and I have thought the same as you actually. I have also already had Covid so I am hoping that makes me a little less vulnerable (not that I’ve actually been going out anyway haha) Xx
  • Options
    @Emmstar84 My partner caught it too and we have no idea how cause we are working from home and don't go anywhere so my guess is it came in the house on a parcel or on the shopping delivery 🤔 our toddler and I were lucky not to have caught it off him! 
  • Options
    @Emmstar84 the doctor yesterday that made the scan told me that "it's good you've already had Covid as it makes you way less vulnerable and also we don't necessarily have to give you a vaccination". 

• Options
    @Melrad12 oh no! You were lucky. I’ve heard of people getting it when they haven’t been out and they think it’s come by the post or some sort of delivery. Scary! 7 of us in our family had it including my 5 year old niece. My husband was asymptomatic though! Thankfully none of us needed to go to hospital. Xx
  • Options
    Emmstar84Emmstar84 Regular
    edited Feb 24, 2021 9:16AM
    @Bundaberg that’s interesting to hear- thank you! 

Hope you are doing ok - sorry to read what is happening with you xx
  • Options
    Thank you @Emmstar84! I was really bummed yesterday, but I'm doing better today. It is what it is. There will be a reason to why it shouldn't have been yet. At least now I know 100% that my husband is all in. He already sorted it all out in those three days. Who's going to be godfather, which room is going to be the baby's and so on. And he's not a planner normally, that was funny actually.
  • Options
    @Gemma303 ff has put me at 3dpo today as my temp shot right up again this morning. 

@Bundaberg I’m so sorry love.

I too have had Covid, I got selected at random for the antibody study and my blood contains longer lasting antibodies, I work at Tesco so I’m guessing I picked it up there but had no symptoms. I won’t be bothering with the jab till after I’ve had a baby x
  • Options
    @Lh8609 wow that is interesting. Good job the antibodies test picked it up so at least you know you’ve had it. My husband is going to be tested twice a week at his work and I wfh full time. We can’t see any of our family as they live at a distance so hopefully our risk of getting it again is low. 

@Bundaberg that’s so sweet of your husband bless him! Glad today is a better day for you xx
  • Options
    Well looks like AF is rearing her ugly head today so we're out this month. We won't be trying next month as our little boy is a December baby and in all honesty I feel bad he has to share his birthday with Xmas in the same month never mind sharing with a sibling too so we are going to wait till April. I will still track with OPK though just to see what's happening and when :) 
  • Options
    @Emmstar84 not sure if this might help you make a decision but there was a journal recently published (19th Feb 21) in the BMJ around the Covid-19 Vaccine and fertility. I'll put the link below so you can have a read. In regards to being pregnant and having the vaccine it says the following:

'Women who are pregnant can still have the vaccine if they are in a risk category for covid-19, but should delay vaccination until after pregnancy if they are not in a risk category, the guidance advises. “There is no reason to believe that any of the covid-19 vaccines would be harmful, but their effects in pregnancy have not yet been fully investigated,” it says. “The information that is known is reassuring. None of the vaccines contain live virus and so there is no risk that the pregnant woman or her baby could get covid-19 from the vaccine.”'

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n509#:~:text=Women who are pregnant can,risk category, the guidance advises.

Obviously it's a personal decision and you might want to speak with your GP first but just to give you more food for thought! :)  
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 thank you so much for sharing the article. I will sit down and have a read 😊
  • Options
    I’m a frontline worker in the nhs and still haven’t had the jab. Only because my priority is TTC and I’m fairly low risk anyway x
  • Options
    @Bundaberg sorry to hear this xx
  • Options
    Sorry she got you @Melrad12 ☹️
  • Options
    @Catj21 I resigned myself to being out this month at the weekend so I'm not feeling too bad about it i think taking next month off trying will help me to relax abit I've gotten a bit carried away and stressed myself out too much this cycle x 
  • Options
    @melrad12 I’m the same I don’t think I’m pregnant but AF hasn’t shown up either 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    For covid jabs if it’s any help I’ve had my first jab (I’m a carer so got it done earlier than others due to my job) and I fell pregnant a couple of weeks after so it didn’t effect my fertility and whilst I was there there is a form to fill out if you are pregnant but it states the vaccine is safe during pregnancy, I’m having my second vaccine on Easter Sunday 
  • Options
    Ah thanks @mummae26 that’s handy to know xx
  • Options
    Emmstar84 said:
    No worries they discreetly ask you when you’re there if you are or could be pregnant and if so there’s just an extra form you need to fill out x
  • Options
    mummae26 said:
    Emmstar84 said:
    No worries they discreetly ask you when you’re there if you are or could be pregnant and if so there’s just an extra form you need to fill out x
    Thank you xx