Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: False negative pregnancy test - how common is it?

Replies

• Options

Update! 12 days late and I honestly don't think I can handle my emotions. my emotional hormone level is higher that I even thought was possible. I'm constantly cryin. Being of belly pains, then mad because I'm crying, the crying again because I'm feeling too many things at once, that it's confusing me. My lower abdomen is so painful and I feel feeling queezy but I can't seem to throw up. My bladder is being a bastard and making me need a per every 10 minutes. Oh and strangly I'm also having nose bleeds a lot and I honestly don't know what to do or say anymore. Omg, crying again! I'm trying to get a doctors appointment but my doctors is very busy lately and it's really hard. Help!? Right I got to post and run because I need another pee!!

• Options
    Hi. I was on the pill injection and had my peroids then I changed to the tablet and for the first month I had a peroid for 10 days of taking the pill then on the 2nd month no sign of a peroid I though nothing intill it hit the 3rd month so I thought I'd take test and they are all negitive evan my blood tests. But I've not had a peroid for 8 weeks now and I'm worried. I heard some women can be pregnant and it doesn't show up at all?
  • Options
    I am 4 months late, feeling sick all the time gained weight on my stomach headaches, I feel really emotional, I cant sleep but still have negative urine tests in getting really worried now can I still be pregnant?
  • Options
    I am 5 days late for my period. I have been sick every single day for 21 days now, however i feel fine all day apart from 1/2 an hour of vommiting. My boobs are very sore, my stomach has atarted to stick out (not like a normal bloating feeling) ive taken 3 tests now over 2 weeks and theyre all negative (albeit the last one was very faint) could i be pregnant? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou x
  • Options
    We have been trying to get pregnant. My period is usually irregular but a steady irregular (75 day cycles) I have an application that I use to keep track of everything and it gives me expected fertile ovulation and period days. My last fertile days we were sexually active. The day after my period was expected to start I thought I did but throughout it I noticed it was very light and ended up only being a few days long. I have never been prego so idk exact symptoms but I feel like I've had some pg symptoms prior to my period? and still now such as being extremely emotional !! Frequent urination , sore breasts , headaches, sleepy just to name a few things. I have taKen at least 3 home test and all have been - .... should I go to Dr or just wait until I miss a period? I'm worried about waiting because I could potentially be several weeks by then
  • Options
    Hi i need help I have had my period witch I think anyway I had it for 6 days it was light brown at first then went to pink then dark red with clots, I have irregular periods so I don't know if it was my period or implantation bleeding I have took loads of tests and all came back negative I have been feeling nausea and bloating all the time , mild cramping, tender breasts, dizzy, and very sleepy I sleep once in a day, I never use to sleep in the day . What do I do help ??
  • Options
    i have been sick a lot and have been craving certain foods and have had a light cramping and am a couple days late on my period. i took a pregancy test but didnt hold it flat like it said because i am at school. it said negative. is it relaible or should i take another one? i am not trying to get pregant because i am only 15.
  • Options

Hi lovepink,

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions but just to get a better understanding of your situation...have you been sexually active since your last period? If so did you use any contraception? are your periods usually regular?  and a bit random but are you a healthy weight?x

• Options
    Hey ladies what was the outcomes of your posts?

Currently a week late and have taken multiple tests all BFN! Having a lot of symptoms so confused!!
  • Options
    I think am pregnant had blowing sore Brests last period was 18 August and having negative pregnancy test Iv had two boys already and took 7 test with my youngest all negative had a acident woke up in hospital 5 hours later to them saying dos u no u was pregnant I was 6 weeks I don't understand why?
  • Options
    I had a period on September 12 im currently one week late ive taken three test all have showed up negative but the lines have been very faint im thinking it could be a false negative nit sure ive never had this happen was wondering some advice on this i have had experienced symptoms like sore breast bad heartburn sensitivity to smells with my daughter i didn't know until i was 8 weeks bc i kept getting negative test so im kinda not sure what to do here besides a blood test but would like some feed back if anyone could give me advice or there opinion on this i would greatly. Appreciate it ive been trying to convince for over three years now
  • Options
    Hi im 26 years i had my periods on the 24 of september and on the 10th of october i went again on my periods but its was not normal like my every month period i dont know if my cyle was change or what please help
  • Options
    Hello ladies...big question.

I'm worried I'm pregnant. I took a test and it came out negative but I have been very nauseated, my boons have been tender and have gotten bigger, my nipples have been tender and sore, I have aches and pains everywhere, my legs and feet have been hurting for days now, dizziness, very very fatigue, very very very bad mood swings. Could I have gotten a false negative?
  • Options
    I tested the next day, which is CD 38, and it was still BFN. I was really confused on what was going on with my body. AF still did not arrive. So I told myself that I'll wait until CD 41, then bam! I got my BFP. I'm going to the doctor later this afternoon to confirm the result through blood test.
  • Options

Hello everyone! Please read my story below.  I hope it'll help all your questions and concerns.

I expected for AF to come between CD 31 - 34. I tested on CD 29, but came out BFN. I waited on CD 33 to test again, BFN.

During my expected AF, CD 31- 36, I have been noticing creamy yellow/brown discharge; sometimes it looks pink depending on the lighting.

On CD 37, I was still having creamy discharge, but this time, when I wiped, I noticed a red tiny stringy of blood. Yes, it's already after missed period, but it was implantation because that was the only time I had it.

I tested the next day, which is CD 38, and it was still BFN. I was really confused on what was going on with my body. AF still did not arrive.

So I told myself that I'll wait until CD 41, then bam! I got my BFP. I'm going to the doctor later this afternoon to confirm the result through blood test.image

• Options
    I took a fast responsive pregnancy test this morning as soon as I woke up and it come up a dark line and a faint line,I took another one less than a hour ago and its come up negitive what should I do???
  • Options
    hi, I have recently missed my period, I'm about almost 3 weeks late & never miss it! I have very sore, full, heavy breasts. I pee a lot and get very crampy sometimes. I have not yet spotted but my belly, appetite & emotions are very different. my belly feels kind of tense lately. I have taken multiple dollar store pregnancy tests but they all say negative . I'm not sure if I'm taking them at the wrong time bc I've tried with my morning pee, my afternoon pee & my night pee but it's all the same result.. negative. I'm trying to get pregnant but not sure what's going on?! should I buy a clear blue or first response pregnancy test or does it not matter? I really need help, can anyone give me their opinion?
  • Options
    It's been well over a month since I have had my last period. I took Birth control x 1 week and 2 days but stopped after it making me feel bad. We've been careful by using condoms until I could get back in with my Dr (not until mid December bc of my job). I've taken a test last week and this morning since my last actual was last month on the 18th (I usually get my period the very first days of the month; 31-4). Pretty sure it could be from the birth control but we want to be sure. Test came back negative every time. Any advise?
  • Options
    Okay so I've been having the typical pregnancy symptoms these past three months; however, I've not missed a period. This is somewhat normal in my family, as my mom had three normal periods with me while she was pregnant. My stomach has taken an odd shape, one that my step-mom swears looks like a pregnant belly. But, when I tested I got a negative. I am a crafter for a living and I deal with paint and harsh fumes, so I've been trying to stay away from them while I'm not sure about the baby. But I don't really know what to do. I've not told my boyfriend yet, and I just don't know what I am supposed to do.
  • Options
    Hi I need help as I'm very stressed out .. My period is late and it never came for the November month but last month it did last a bit longer.. And I was ovulating .. Took a pregnancy test came up negative I don't no what to do I have no signs that I'm pregnant only a bloated well what seems like a bloated belly.. Can someone help as I don't no if I am or am not pregnant and very scared