Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: False negative pregnancy test - how common is it?

123457»

Replies

• Options
    Hi @klf0194293YrHqvD0I
    Thank you for your comment on this article, but we're afraid we can't answer your questions. We have a Chat forum right here where you can post your question and chat about what you are going through with others who may be experiencing or have experienced the same. We do hope it helps. 
  • Options
    So I took one pregnancy test, but I drank water before (not knowing I wasn't suppose to) and it's still kinda early, but the test was negative, but I keep having symptoms. I'm 16 and I don't really know if i'm pregnant or not cause i've never been through this before. 
  • Options
    Hi, I’m 5 days past my due date for period but I’ve gotten 2 negative results. I really feel I’m pregnant but the negatives are driving me insane! Have any of yous experienced something similar? Don’t want to go to doctors until I’m near sure the tests are wrong because if they tell me I’m not it’ll be soul crushing
  • Options
    Hi @Potter123thank you for your question, we can totally get your frustration. Can we suggest you come over to our main chat forum and post your questions there? You can find it right here. Just hit the pink New Discussion button to post.
  • Options
    Iv had 3 negative urine pregnancy tests but tested positive with a blood test and the hospital said not to pay attention to the urine ones as I am pregnant and it happens sometimes
  • Options
    Hi. I have missed my period for 2 months. I have been more tired. Using the toilet more, breasts are tender, more emotional but everytime I took a test keeps coming back negative. I am so confused because if I lie flat on my back then my tummy is round and hard.
  • Options
    Hey. So I’m 9 long days late 😕 I started testing around 5 days ago. I did different brands, got faint positive on Asda’s own brand, next morning got negative on FR.. next day evening time I decided to use my last FR test and it was another faint line 😭 I run out of tests and I was only able to get clear blue. Those are all negative. Yesterday I’ve ordered easy at home tests and these are also negative. I feel like I’m getting crazy 😔 and my back is in agony 😪
  • Options
    Hi. I have missed my period for 2 months. I have been more tired. Using the toilet more, breasts are tender, more emotional but everytime I took a test keeps coming back negative. I am so confused because if I lie flat on my back then my tummy is round and hard.
    I would got to the doctors. I happened to go to hospital as I have a kidney infection. I explained that I was late and they did a urine sample which was negative and then did a blood test which was positive 
  • Options
    Hi I've had 6 positive tests and Ive had 3 negative ones as well as not sure if I'm 12 weeks or 4 weeks pregnant midwife said I am pregnant but having bloods done tomorrow and just waiting for my emergency scan xxx
  • Options
    I have taken 3 tests two were over the counter and one was at my obgyn all were negative but I have been having nausea change in smells and taste for over 6 weeks I am concerned something health wise is wrong but then I also think I am pregnant because I have had a dog for almost 5 months he has to have wet dog food mixed with dry and the wet dog food makes me absolutely sick to my stomach I cant stand the smell and also my emotions are all over the place I have been on my own for awhile now and lately after everytime I leave my moms I cry especially when my stomach is upset and nauseous. Can anyone help me figure out if I could be pregnant I took a blood test but won't know for a few days and I am concerned.
  • Options
    I’m 15 days late. I’ve done 4 at home preg tests, all negative. This morning I went to drs and they did urine test, still negative. So I did a blood test after and I find out the results next week. I’ve got dull cramping, back ache, and a heavy feeling on my stomach near my bladder. Don’t know what to make out of it, I got the Pfizer Vaccine on the 27th feb, and I was due on 28th Feb. So I asked dr if that could be the reason why I’m late and she said “no way it was the vaccine”. Not sure what to do, just want to know why I’m late, I never been late for my period in my life!
  • Options
    Britain03Britain03 New
    edited Apr 4, 2021 12:13AM
    I had several negative pregnancy tests and a negative blood test, but felt extra tired (my number one pregnancy sign). I even had what I thought was a period. I felt really queesy during a job interview of all things and asked to use the restroom and I threw up. So weird! So I went home and tested again. I was positive! I figured I was about 4 weeks along and went to make sure at the doctor. They did a vaginal ultrasound and informed me I was actually 12 weeks pregnant. 😮 I said that wasn't possible as I had been checking and even had a blood test. I even swear had a period the month prior, which is why I assumed I was about 4 weeks. I have no idea how it went undetected for so long. My first daughter didn't show up on a pregnancy test until 9 weeks pregnant so maybe my body is just really slow at letting me know. Lol
  • Options
    I'm 27 days late for my period I have done 5 at home tests 3 negative 2 faint positive I have already had 10 children and I have all the same symptoms as my other pregnancy I have had 1 of my pregnancy not show up till I was 20 weeks pregnant could it be happing again
  • Options
    Hello, I haven’t seem my cycle since March 3rd! All tests are negative, even my blood test was negative. I’ve never been so worn down during the day. My boobs are and have been sensitive. I have no clue what’s going on so I’m scheduled to see a hematologist in July because I’ve also been trying for another child since November. I had the mirena for ten years... two terms since they last for 5 years. I have gas all the time..smh. My attitude be threw the roof. Cravings are weird. Eating corn beef has and bacon for lunch... I mean I had to have it. I’m also a diabetic and my a1c is controlled. Also having a thyroid test in July. Prayers! We are strong ladies💕
  • Options
    Hello, I haven’t seem my cycle since March 3rd! All tests are negative, even my blood test was negative. I’ve never been so worn down during the day. My boobs are and have been sensitive. I have no clue what’s going on so I’m scheduled to see a hematologist in July because I’ve also been trying for another child since November. I had the mirena for ten years... two terms since they last for 5 years. I have gas all the time..smh. My attitude be threw the roof. Cravings are weird. Eating corn beef has and bacon for lunch... I mean I had to have it. I’m also a diabetic and my a1c is controlled. Also having a thyroid test in July. Prayers! We are strong ladies💕