Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: False negative pregnancy test - how common is it?

Replies

• Options
    DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Jul 29, 2020 8:04AM
    Hi @Loops272718 and welcome to the forum. You happened to have posted on an article, so can we suggest you come over to our chat forum, and start a new thread where we're sure more people will see your post and be able to advise you. 
  • Options
    Hello were u pregnant? Did u test again? I started my period last 1st of march to 4th of march then i had sex on the 21st of march and until now i dont have period.. But it was negative when i tested it.. 
  • Options
    My partner is 16 days late for her period but pregnancy test came back negative what can explain this what drugs can possibly interfere with a pregnancy test
  • Options
    My wife have pregnancy symptoms so we do to check pregnancy test card within 40 days. But results show on negative. She is pregnancy or not?
  • Options
    I'm 3 weeks late, all I did was bleed for a couple of hours when my period was due, wasn't much blood at all , only when I wiped, and I usually get them heavy, I have all the symptoms sore boobs, peeing alot, eating alot ( which Ive always had a small appetite, also not normal for me ), sense of smell, gassy, cramps, mood swings, random pimples and visible veins on my boobs, my gums randomly bled last Monday night, I love coke and now I can't drink it as my taste buds have gone weird, can't stand the smell of smoke and that never ever bothered me before, but keep getting negative test results with very faint lines, did my last test Saturday and had a faulty one which didn't help, so trying again today, I've had 2 blood tests done come back negative, my doctor didn't even bother to tell me I had to chase my results myself, and the 2nd time I went in there, the receptionist was having trouble reading my results yet had the nerve to tell me it was a no, so I went to my mums in tears and she organised me to go to her doctors last Thursday, did another blood test and tested for other stuff as well as peeing in a cup ( which my other Dr didnt made me do) which I have an appt with her this arvo to find out what's going on with me, was suppose to have a phone call with her yesterday but my phone only goes straight to voicemail, and I have no credit to call her back she rang twice, which has got me worried, if it comes up negative again I have the choice to get an ultra sound done, and my next period is due this week, I'm frustrated and going out of my mind, I'm snapping at my love ones which I don't mean too and I'm crying all the time I just want to find out what's going on with me, as I've been in constant pain with my boobs the past three weeks, I keep getting told it's all in my head, which is making me lose my mind, cause I don't know what else it is, to all the pregnant woman and mammas, how many weeks were you when you found out you were expecting?....<br /
  • Options
    Hello, I am 3 days late with my period cycle. I have had 2 positives and a few negatives anyone else have the same problem
  • Options
    I have my last auntie visit on 14 jun but this month my auntie haven come n I did a test on 21july2020 n it show negatives....so is it accurate?
  • Options
    Hi @Ess
    Thank you for your comment. We have a Chat forum right here where you can chat about what you are going through with others who may be experiencing or have experienced the same. We do hope it helps. 

• Options
    I did a test in June it was a faint line then I did another test the test line was very dark but my blood test was negative I'm confused and I didn't get my period in July so this month is August I have to go to my doctors Tuesday morning to find out what's going on and to get a scan done if I am pregnant this will be my 3rd baby and I know I still have 5 months to try if I'm not pregnant but I had nauseous and going to the toilet more and feeling bloated and my app says I'm 25 days late so I'm hoping I get some answers from my doctors because my midwife said she can't help me anymore so I'm praying to God I get good news and I'm living in New Zealand
  • Options
    I did a test in June it was a faint line then I did another test the test line was very dark but my blood test was negative I'm confused and I didn't get my period in July so this month is August I have to go to my doctors Tuesday morning to find out what's going on and to get a scan done if I am pregnant this will be my 3rd baby and I know I still have 5 months to try if I'm not pregnant but I had nauseous and going to the toilet more and feeling bloated and my app says I'm 25 days late so I'm hoping I get some answers from my doctors because my midwife said she can't help me anymore so I'm praying to God I get good news and I'm living in New Zealand
    Hi @TerryRogers
    Thank you for your comment on this article. We have a Chat forum right here where you can post your question and chat about what you are going through with others who may be experiencing or have experienced the same. We do hope it helps. 
  • Options
    I’m having the same symptoms, did you ever find out what the cause was? 
  • Options
    I had a black and light bleeding on Friday morning and stop on Saturday evening(not my period),I did pregnancy test with PT but negative.Am having a severe headache,body pain especially my waist,my lower abdominal,what can be the cause
  • Options
    I am 10 days late and I am never late I had spotting having to pee alot and sore breast and my mood swings been out of control and preg test came up negative but I am so convinced I am preg I feel it in my bones anyone else having the same
  • Options
    My lmp was on 7/22/2020 i was expecting my period on 8/19/2020 still nothing i took 3 pregnancy test plus did blood work all came back negative if i am i will should be 6 weeks and 2 days im so lost right now
  • Options
    Daniellex said:
    I am 10 days late and I am never late I had spotting having to pee alot and sore breast and my mood swings been out of control and preg test came up negative but I am so convinced I am preg I feel it in my bones anyone else having the same
    I feel the same way. Las t period was Aug 4 2020. My period is late have lots of cramping but test are negative. I feel like Iam. I’m waiting on results of blood test and an ultrasound on thursay. 🙏
  • Options
    My last period was in April.
    I'm 21 weeks late.
    Every test I've took is negative, but I have all the signs.
    I'm nauseous as hell.
    I can feel movement in my belly.
    I have a weird taste in my mouth.
    I'm off food.
    I have what looks like a bloated belly, it doesn't look like a pregnancy bump but there is a definite pouch there.
    My moods are all over the place.

I have a little girl at 6, so I've experienced pregnancy before, I know what the movement feels like, and this is the exact same, like little hiccups in my belly with visual movement on occasion, but only slight. My partner says I'm seeing things I want to see.
  • Options
    Hi I’m 13 days late I’ve had a small streak of blood in some discharge but hardly any vaginal discharge at all. I’ve taken 4 preg test from the 12tg sept from when I was due my period last one this morning all coming up negative really confused haha chemical pregnancy 2 months ago no this I’m freaking out. I’m thinking of Ringing docs tomorrow can anyone tell me what the doctors are likely to do. I do feel sick and tired but I’m not sure if it’s just my mind playing tricks on me as I’m hoping I’m pregnant.
  • Options
    I’m 4 days late, going into 5 tomorrow, my cycle is always 28/29 days no matter what! I began taking the pill Again on the first day of my last period but it’s never Effected my period cycle before ever.. I’m been overly tired all this week, feeling sick, gone off certain foods, Lower backache constantly but taken a test this morning but came up negative.. am I just going crazy?? I normally get period pains or sore boobs week to week and a half before my period but nothing!! I have on and off cramps or twinges! I’m assuming if I was pregnant it’ll of told me this morning I’m just baffled why I haven’t started yet!
  • Options
    My last period was in April.
    I'm 21 weeks late.
    Every test I've took is negative, but I have all the signs.
    I'm nauseous as hell.
    I can feel movement in my belly.
    I have a weird taste in my mouth.
    I'm off food.
    I have what looks like a bloated belly, it doesn't look like a pregnancy bump but there is a definite pouch there.
    My moods are all over the place.

I have a little girl at 6, so I've experienced pregnancy before, I know what the movement feels like, and this is the exact same, like little hiccups in my belly with visual movement on occasion, but only slight. My partner says I'm seeing things I want to see.
    Did you find out if you were pregnant? Xx
  • Options
    My last period was in september.
    I'm 2 weeks late.
    Lost of mood swings.
    Nauseous sometimes.
    Lots of headachs and dizziness.
    I took 1 test and it was negative, but I drank water before I took it not knowing you aren't suppose to, and my mom said we will wait 2 weeks to see if I start my period. If I don't she said I can get another pregnancy test. I'm 16 years old.
    The smell of some foods and meat make me want to throwup.
    I had pinkish discharge for a few days.
    Very gasy.
    My lower back hurts sometimes.
    My stomach feels weird sometimes and I get little craps.
    Little thing irritate me.
    My mood usually goes from, normal, mad, annoyed, sad, and when i'm sleeping happy.
    I'm very tired all the time.