Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: 10 early signs and pregnancy symptoms

Replies

• Options
    hello i am 19 years old and i have been experiencing a lot of lower back pain ihave noticed that i can barely stomach mashed patatos and i love them i was wondering could that be a
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm currently one week from expected period date, but this month I've been feeling particularly off. I've had unprotected sex every other day since my last period ended Dec 30th, including the days over my expected ovulation date.

For the last five days I've noticed the following:

lower back pain similar to period cramps

bloated and gassy

milk like discharge soaking my underwear

Breasts appear to be swollen, although there's no pain or itching or peculiar sensitivity

Heartburn

Increased appetite, I'm currently eating like a pig

Increased saliva

Fatigued all the time, I just feel restless

24/7

Headaches and hot flushes

Irritable and overemotional, everything seems to be getting to me so suddenly

And two nights in a row I've had vivid dreams, each different, but I never dream and if I do, I never remember them the day after

Thoughts please?
  • Options

Hello, Dani from MadeForMums here!  
    I’m the Community Manager at MadeForMums and I want to let you know that we’re looking for women who’ve just found out they’re pregnant to join our new MadeforMums Bump Project Team. 

If you join our team, we’ll follow you from the start of your pregnancy right through to the end, asking you how you’re feeling as your baby grows and your body changes – and we’ve a whole load of freebies, baby products, plus a £300 voucher, to shower you with for taking part. 

Interested? Please come and read more about The Bump Project here – and sign up! 

• Options
    I am going to feel so dumb, but

On Dec 27th I had unprotected sex with a guy I do not know very well. He pulled out and so I know how slim my Chances are but I’m feeling conflicted. We had sex and immediately for the next few days I felt so sick, like a cold hit me out of nowhere. I have been struggling with sickness since the week of thanksgiving though. On and off. But anyway, sick right after sex and I noticed my vagina was super irritated as well. All this was very distracting, and three days later I started my period which seemed super weird but I think with this incident i just was not paying attention. According to my period tracker I was right on time but it started out super heavy, lasted about 6 days and I think was oddly heavy for a few days or more and then turned dark brown but still lots of “old” blood coming out for a few days. Let me back track, when I started my period, I also went to the doctor that day to have an exam because the irritation I felt was not normal and i wanted to make sure it wasn’t an std. a few days later tests came back positive for BV, and after the appointment my vagina became sooooooo itchy! Like I’ve never experienced in my life. Was on flagly for a week and it did NOTHING! On the last day of my meds I went back to the doctor and they prescribed Clindomycin or something like that. I was experiencing lots of discharge which I know is normal from having BV. Well after another week of meds I went back to the doctor because I was still itchy!! This time tests came back positive for Candida, so I had a vaginal yeast infection. I was also having some cramps which I thought was weird but whatever. Plus I was feeling really tired and I know all of this could be from the meds and infections. Well they gave me 3 diflucan pills. Took one this last Friday, and again on Sunday morning. Felt sick the entire weekend, lots of cramps, every time I peed, which was a lot, I also pooped, again could be the meds. Well it’s wednesday now and I’m still having lots of cramps throughout the day and nausea/dizziness. I haven’t taken the third pill yet but am supposed to today. My period is not due for three more days but I don’t usually have cramps like this or sickness before a period. I also took a test last night and it was negative. So obviously I’m crazy but I’ve just never felt like this. Idk, I don’t feel sick, just not good. Plus with the yeast infection that could be to blame so I’m just confused. And obviously I’ll know for sure when my period comes this weekend but I need to hear from others. I have had achy side boobs and upper/inner arm pain, can’t tell if it’s my chest or actual boob. Cramps in upper and lower abdomen, hips pains, nausea/ dizziness which comes and goes with hot flashes(I’m usually always cold), not a huge appetite, stuffy/ runny nose, and a dry cough sometimes, and I think cause I’m so lost and thinking about it a ton, I’ve dreamt about being pregnant the past two nights! Anyone relate or think I’m just stressing? I’ve just never felt like this.
  • Options

Just wait a week and you will then know if your periods are coming or not...if not that could also be the Medications you’re taking that are causing the stress and discomfort image 

• Options
    I just need a second opinion? My period is due around the 26th, but yesterday and today(the 4&5) I've had light pinkish red spotting, cramps, and this morning I've woken up with strong, back, arm, and leg pain. Is this implementation bleeding /cramping?
  • Options
    Last day i had my period was december 25th. I was having more white vaginal discharge lower back pain like if i had my period and back pain. Is like if i had my period but white. Now i also get headaches here and then out of nowhere i also feel a lil pain or lil cramps in abdomen or belly. Took 2 tests they were negative a clear blue and a dollar one. Yesterday took another dollar one but has a very faint line positive u can bearly see it
  • Options
    I have been on the implant for 9 years all together and taken out each time to conceive two lovely boys! Age 2 & 6 the implant was amazing! Could fault it I'm now two years into my current implant and the last couple of weeks. Been getting all pregnancy symptoms! Feeling sicky tender boobs which are not as much now! Butterfly movements eating more weird dreams getting hot and flustered feeling tired the taste on my mouth and heaviness in my abdomen when laying flat and pulling when standing up? All exactly the same as when I did with my 2? Is this even possible on implant and if it is will it show on test at all? X
  • Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Options
    Hey, I'm one week late on my period and it's been just over 2 weeks since conception. I've had hot flushes, slight cramping, diarrhoea, nausea and a loss of appetite over the past few days. My periods in the last year or two have been regular and on time. I took a pregnancy test the day after my period was due but it came back as negative. Could I still be pregnant and is it worth taking another pregnancy test now or waiting another week to see if I get my period?

Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    Hello all. So I'm a little bit worried I could be pregnant. I have had a lot of the symptoms above except the heavy boobs. My boobs never feel heavy exactly not even before my period but they have been hurting more then usual, especially if I jog anywhere. Lol. I've had a bit of a gut feeling something is different this time. I took a pregnancy test a few days a go and it read negative. I've got another one that I'm going to take later on this week. I'm late for my period by a day or so. I'm really unsure whether these are really bad period symptoms or are something else. It's so hard to tell... Any advice on what to do. Should I take the other test sooner rather then later or should I wait at least a few days after my missed period x many thanks
  • Options
    I dont know if im pregnant. Been getting stomache cramping and cramps in my legs. My boobs have felt tingly and tender. Im craving the same foods every day and feeling sick. Im getting alot.of heachaches and dizziness. Im scared to take a test as everyone i have taken has been negative. Anyone got any suggestions for me?
  • Options
    I realy need encouragment and advice cos i av bin tryin to conceive since december 2017,had a kid already and cant just fanthom out the reason for this delay. All pregnancy test cam negative,expectin my period in d next 5days. Bt hav been having strange slight bleeding from my gums. Just hoping it wil turn out good. Alrdy did PT on d 7th day post ovulation,bt negative. I am just scared of the unknwn.
  • Options
    Hi, am just wondering I have had itchy nipples like really bad, boobs are sore, got period like cramps ( not due on for 8 days) backache and back ache. I never really experienced this before x
  • Options
    Hey I’m not sure if I’m pregnant I’m suppose to get my period today but I took a pregnancy test and the second line was faded like a light line but I’m not sure what should I do ?
  • Options
    Hello im two days late on my period. I took a test the day before my missed period and it came up a very faint line ( I used the clearblue early responce) I took another day the day I was expecting my period and came up another line more visible the the 1st. So I went to get the clearblue digital and that said not pregnant so I'm unsure on what to think. Have has anybody else had this with the clearblue tests and still ended in good result?
  • Options
    I haven’t seen my period since February I’m ached my head aches lightly I’m easily tired and sleeps a lot I am also feeling bloated and mini cramps I haven’t done a test as yet because I know I have irregular periods..but can these signs mean that I’m pregnant?
  • Options
    Hey ladies I need help I took a test with the clinic and they’re test showed a faded line and I have been sick every time I eat spicy food and my boobs hurt and my belly is quite hard and I’m crying in pain I’m due on in like five days I need help
  • Options
    hi, am i pregnant? im 16 years old, and yeah, i lost my virginity for the first time, me and my boyfriend lost it to each other, i doesn't seem possible because he didn't use a condom in the beginning but it was dry(he didn't cum) but when we did use a condom he did, but i havent started my period for a while, its only been a week and still no period.. i have been getting stomach pains, I threw up twice, getting nauseous in the mornings, and getting headaches for 3 days, and eating alot and peeing like 4 times a day. am i pregnant?
  • Options
    am i?