Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nov 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

Fingers crossed he will be ok and not have to wait too long to go down. 

Keep us posted on how he gets on xx

• Options

Hope its not too stressful for you and Eliott today supersquish xx 

• Options

Hope everything goes ok today! Xx xx 

• Options

Hey everyone Eliotts surgery went well the swelling is minimal and he's not in any pain today, he's on paracetamol for the pain, they have given him a stronger version than shop bought and seems to be doing the trick. Was unsettling watching them put him to sleep then waiting around for a hour after, he was very croaky after when he cryed and slept a lot. He's back to his usual happy self today. I have noticed his scrotum is smaller and seems quite empty so I'm thinking some if the hernia must have been in there and I hadn't realised 😳 glad it's all over with now xx

• Options

Thinking of you and elliot X 

• Options

God bless you both, hope his recovery is quick. Xxx

• Options

So pleased it all went well and he's recovering!! Thinking of you all xxx

• Options

So, so pleased! Xx xx 

• Options

Thats great news, well done Elliott, such a brave little guy xx

• Options

Hi everyone.

We hope you’re doing well with those babies of yours, and they're letting you catch some shut eye.

We just wanted to let you know about some threads happening on MadeForMums.
    The first is this: Would you put your baby in a box? It sounds bizarre, but it’s a cardboard box for your baby to sleep in! Read more about it here…

Also, having recently given birth, would you do it with your entire family present? A woman in America just did, with her husband, sisters, mother-in-law and her daughter all there! Please do come and tell us over on this thread here.

And finally, tell us about any books you read to your child and you could win a £100 voucher! That thread is over here!

• Options

Hi supersquish, how is Eliott doing now?

And how is everyone else? Any teeth yet?

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wondered if any of you are experiencing any problems with the forum, please could you let us know on this thread?

And also, if any of you had a breech baby (we're not sure you did) can you help this lovely lady on this thread?

• Options

Hi all, 

How is everyone going? Supersquish how is Elliott after his op? Hope hes recovered well. 

Just wondered as all our little ones are hitting the 4 month mark, who is planning on starting to ween at 4months and who is going to wait till 6 months? 

I weened Neve at 4 months, but I don't think Isaac is ready yet xx

• Options

I am not planning on weaning Lorelei for a while. I got strep throat this past weekend and was very ill. Lorelei fell ill on Saturday. The doctors all said that due to the antibodies my body made in the breastmilk, Lorelei was able to handle the illness much better than myself. Interesting enough, I usually pump a few times a day and when I did pump my milk looked closer to colostrum than its usual color. The doctors also said that was due to the extra antibodies. Lorelei did end up being tested and having strep too, but she didn't get sweats or chills like I did, her fever stayed at 100 while mine spike over 102, and she didn't need as much sleep as I did. I pretty sure she felt better than I did as she wanted to play. Daddy and Lorelei got to explore quite a bit this past weekend while mama was sick. This all pointed to the fact that, since I'm a working mom and my baby has to be in daycare, she needs extra protection that I can give her in breastmilk. So, we're not planning on weaning any time soon. I say do what feels right to You. And on the flip side of things, the cost of formula is outrageous. Anyone formula feed only? I've been wondering how long a can usually will last. 

• Options

Hi Baby Dreamer,  

Sorry to hear you've been ill 😔 It's even worse when you have a baby too. 

I formula feed as my milk dried up after 5 days 😩 It costs £10 per tin and they have just changed the formula, the old one used to be 900g, the new tins only have 800g and its the same price 😔 It used to last 7 days but now I only get 5 days max. Isaac has 5 x 7oz bottle a day, except for Wednesday when he decided he was starving all day and had 7 x 7oz bottle lol!! Xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we wondered how you're all doing and how are those babies of yours? It's been a while since we've seen any new pics - fancy sharing some?

We also wanted to let you know we're running a thread about your babies nursery - Alba B has shared Hugo's super impressive nursery (you're a woman after my own heart Alba - love the colours!) and we wondered if you might fancy sharing yours? So please do snap some snaps and show us over here on this thread!

• Options

imageimageimageimageSome recent pictures of Isaac, including with Neve where they were watching Bubble Guppies on her iPad lol!! Can wait to see recent pictures from everyone else xx

• Options

Oh Nevesmummy, isn't Isaac SO cuddly - look at him snuggling with his little giraffe! So gorgeous!

• Options

imageHugo loving sensory play X 

• Options

Amazing pics Alba - Hugo rocking some killer chubby cheeks there!