Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

Swanny85, how's your boys poop going? I had terrible problems with my little girls poo - but she was a few months older. The lactulose didn't help, but baby Movicol for us (tiny amount mixed with her formula) was a godsend.

How is everyone else doing?

• Options

Hi Danielle. They said they couldn't give him anything, but to up his water intake. He won't really take it!! I've tried putting a bit of sugar in it, a tiny bit of Apple juice, but nope! Just gotta go with it and keep doing what I'm doing 😳

Other than that we're good thank you, everything is just manic at the moment!!

• Options

Hi swanny,  sorry little one still having poo problems.  Remind me,  is he bf or formula?  If formula do you use ready made or powder?  I found out the ready made has added lactose which acts like a laxative,  might be worth a try.  

I've been to Dr today as I've started getting abdo pains near my scar.  I've had a pulling sensation since surgery but its been getting worse and is really quite sore now. I've been given antibiotics. They reckon it's either internal infection of an undesolved suture in a nerve -gross (that's become infected) also Elliotts weight gain is still slow,  he's only 8lb14 and the hv are getting twitchy again as he's dropped below 2nd line. His sleeping is rubbish too as he won't sleep on his own! I'm feeling quite down as I'm going backwards rather than forward and this is making me feel less confident in my mummy role 😒 sorry to grumble.  I know it'll all be alright in the end I just needed to get things out there xxx 

• Options

Hi sunny. He has powder formula. Never heard that about ready made but definitely worth a try I think!!

Sorry you're feeling a bit down flower. I'm sure none of it is your fault, Elliot is just a little dot 😊 and I'm sure he's happy enough! Don't be too hard on yourself. I know your a fabulous mummy to all your babies 😊 xxx

• Options

As for sleeping....Jacob is hit and miss, sometimes he will only sleep cuddled so I feel your pain with that one!

• Options

image Hi all! Glad to hear everyone is getting there! B is sleeping a lot less in the day now and tends to do 10pm 2am 4am 6am...although I have swapped her to Gripe Water and on saturday she slept from 10pm - 5am!! Of course...I didnt because I was waking up in a panic to check she was ok lol!  I am having a good day today meaning the floors are swept and mopped, 2 loads of washing on the line and me B and the dog have all been for a walk! I am beginning to accept that everything wont get done all the time for a good few months and that this is not failure...merely prioritising :-) Is anyone else wondering where the days/weeks have gone, Beatrice will be 6 weeks on Wednesday I cant believe it! Has anyone had their GP 6 week check yet...mine is booked for Wednesday, not sure what to expect...xxx

• Options

Hi ladies, sorry to hear about the pooping problems.... I am watching the thread to see what works as Rosalie is struggling too, seems to go a day or two then spends all day 'trying' and straining until it shifts :(

She seems to be awake alot now but is sleeping happily thru the night from midnightish until I wake her at around half seven for the prep for school run 

She is six weeks now and I agree, I have no idea where the time went!!! It feels like I blinked and January evaporated lol

We have our 6 wk checkup with H/V tomoz, the main one with gp is around 8 weeks when she has jabs so I'm told now !  Wish they wouldn't keep changing stuff!!!

I've been told by gp to look at the marina coil as contraception long term - has anyone had any experience??? I've used the pill before but she's not keen on prescribing it again long term so I have 2 weeks to decide on a coil or another method???? 

Thanks ladies

• Options

Hi ladies. How are the 6 week checks going?? Can't remember what they did when I had Joshua! 

My little chunk is 5 weeks tomorrow and at his last weigh in on Friday he was 10lb 14.5oz  Bless him! Here he is fast asleep.....Look at those chubby cheeks!image

So I have a bit of a private question....those with natural births or previous natural births, when did you start doing 'it'?? I'm still a bit too tired to even contemplate it but wondering what's an acceptable amount of time to keep hubby waiting 😝 xx

• Options

OMG Jacob has overtaken B, he looks so healthy little chunky monkey :-)

Re. Your private Q I would like to ask the CS ladies that too...OH has now mentioned it which suprised me, again im not up for it quite yet but will get contraception sorted tomorrow...also am still getting a small amount of bleeding so its a definite no til that stops...

B slept for 7 hours last night and Saturday night just need to work out what ive done differently those days :-) Shes making me pay for it now but I actually dont care! I tjink the big change is the Gripe Water, she seems much more settled in general xx

• Options

He is a chunky monkey 😊 lot more chunky than his big brother was!!

With Joshua, I think it was about the 12 week Mark for us. But that's because I was really quite poorly, I couldn't have even if I wanted to! 

Good news about B!! That's some good sleeping 😊 let me know your secret! Xx

• Options

Morning ladies x

Rosalie's h/v check up was basic - is she feeding and filling nappies, advice on her constipation ( boiled water!)

And weight check she's a chunk at 11lbs12oz !!! Guess she's feeding well as she's stuck to her centile :)

Okay, As for when to resume normal activities I'd say for both natural and c-section, its when the bleeding stops and you feel like it ! Simple as that .....I must admit I couldn't face DTD until last week and something happened to make me a flirt (am blushing and blaming hormones lol) but didn't give hubby much choice in it - it had to happen !!!! ( not that he minded after so long bless him lol) so beware - those feelings may sneak up on you ! But make sure you talk to your partner - its a new thing for them too and they won't want to rush you or hurt you but if you're not quite ready just explain and I'm sure they will understand ( especially if you had stitches !!!) Besides DTD isn't the only thing you can do, explore and experiment ladies ;) 

• Options

Ha ha busymamma that made me chuckle!!!

I think we're gonna have to do the experimenting! 😉 only because with having so many stitches I'm still just a bit uneasy about it. I feel fine 'down there' and I'm sure it's healed. Bleeding stopped about a week ago, so I think I'm going in the right direction 😊

Ok,so realisation has kicked in now that Jacob is my last 😭 I still get the belfie updates through and seeing all the bumps makes me sad. It's things like I've swooped all the little bottles for the normal size bottles now, and he's just about out of size 1 nappies now. Makes me realise I'll never have that again . Is this normal feelings?!

• Options

Oh Busymamma you make me laugh! We have a new bed being delivered on Monday so I guess it will get christened at some point!

Swanny I think thats normal...I havent decided about any further babies so feeling similar..we too are on big bottles :-(

I have Dr in morning and then HV home visit tomorrow afternoon, somebody please tell me this is the last home invasion!!? 

Xxx

• Options

When I was chatting to the health visitor on Friday, she said she would usually do 1 more home visit around the 6 week Mark then I'll have to go to the clinic for him to be weighed and checked. So hopefully it might be the last one for you! Fingers crossed 😊

• Options

we have done the deed twice, I had stitches but was actually ok, think I was more worried the first time, but wanted to try aswell before the 6 week check. I've got the gp tomorrow then deians isn't until he is 8 weeks when he has imms. 

Hadepop do you give the gripe water at each feed? Deian seems to only need it at night, or from feed at 5 untik he goes to bed, he doesn't settle. But wondered if giving it all day will help the night.

Deian has done a few 4 hours between night feeds but last few nights back to 2-3 hours. He did have sickness and diarrohea last week so it sure if that's put him out.

• Options

Well I'm glad I can make you smile ;)

All this baby business from start to finish is so worrying and serious I feel the need to lighten the mood occasionally ! And let's face it its a messy and embarrassing business and if you can't giggle at yourself from time to time it's time to give up 

I'm off to the nurse tomorrow to discuss contraception.... Gp not happy for me to get the pill so am off to see the available options....any suggestions?

• Options

I've only been on the pill, but can't have it if I'm breastfeeding :-( think I'll try the mini pill, I really don't fancy any coil or implant etc! 

My hv has only been out once, then it was just get weighed every month at the clinic! She's not that supportive so would of appreciated a couple of home visits to get comfortable talking to her. Anyho I've got my 6 week check today with the gp and another check with hv next week, should be at 8 weeks but I'm having it at 7. This is all going too quick! 

• Options

Hi Gaeaf, it's going far too quickly isn't it?!?! I look at my big boy and Think it only seems 2 weeks ago he was as little as Jacob 😭

How did your 6 week check go??

Busymamna I'm not really good with contraception advice! I had been on microgynon for 12 years before having Josh. Went back on it after having him and it totally messed me up. So because I know we wanted another, I didn't bother finding a pill that suited me so just used condoms. This time we'll be doing the same until hubby has been snipped!!! Lol. I don't like the thought of a coil, but I've heard a lot of people say they've had no issues with them?? Same with the implant xx

• Options

I went to the GP yesterday and he agreed to put me straight back on Cerazette which is the mini-pill that I was on before :-)

Gaef thats a good point, I do feel more comfortable going to clinic now she has beem round a couple of times, I just get a bit stressed about cleaning up for her etc!

Other than contraception all the GP said was 'how is your mood?' So pretty pointless...he does not have access to maternity notes so I have to write to my consultant to find out what happened at my birth! 

Has anyone got any nice plans for the weekend? I might go out tonight with some people from work but im a bit nervous...jas anyone else been out out yet...or had a drink? Xxx

• Options

Morning! After a rough week I finally managed to get a bit more sleep last night. I'd kind've hit a bit've a low point yesterday morning and decided to take action. I saw a lovely hv at clinic yesterday who actually listened. Elliott had further dropped on the chart bless him but at 10 weeks he's now 9lb 2 😀I'm now trying to boost my milk supply with medication as a last resort after trying every other trick in the book. I'm hoping it will work but if not he shall be hitting the bottle.

On the subject of 'it'..I have to be honest and say that i just don't have the oomph.

Hadepop I went out last night,  it was only for an hour and a half to take Cerys to a college open evening but it gave me a breather. If you go out have a lovely time x