Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

I did the Same Katt! I went to the cinema and left OH with baby Eliza and my two year old. She just stayed awake and cried the whole time I was gone. He said he changed and fed her and she was still crying. I think she just missed her mummy!

Eliza was 9lb 13oz at 5 weeks so a little bit bigger than your little boy slightly! 

• Options

Glad you realised you shouldn't put the two together before you tried it! I can't advise you on reflux. My first had it really bad his sick hit the ceiling he was that bad but I was young and didn't get the best advice.

The Health visitor told me it was just colic and it was because the valve on his stomach was soft and that it would get better with age. I just persisted with it and It didn't go away until he was a few months old! Sometimes it would take hours to feed and wind him and I couldn't leave him with anyone because I couldn't trust anyone to do it properly.

The only thing that helped was to try not to feed him over the top of wind and persist with getting it up before giving more milk! If he refluxed when winding after 2oz next time we would wind him after 1oz and figure out when the best time to wind him was so he'd bring up less milk! I managed to keep more milk down doing this but sometimes it would take an hour to give him a bottle!

• Options

I have been using infacol which helped with winding and since using it feeds have gone a lot smoother.

z I have a baby bath but baby boy is still too small. What does everyone else use and is there anything people would recommend?

• Options

My girls just got their 6 week check up, Sophia is 9lb9 and georgia is 7lb11 pretty good for twins! 

Katt i have a mamas and papas aqua bambino and it works for my too but I also bought this check chair type thing I never used it but it looks good 

• Options

katt1906 I just use a baby bath x

• Options

imageHappy Easter 🐣

• Options

I have a baby bath but I can't bathe him on my own as I need to hold him so was looking for something that would allow me to be hands free.

Mothercare have a foam insert fir £8 so might give that shop a visit.

We're having the christening in a couple weeks and now folk are asking what to buy again. He already has so much I don't know if it would be to cheeky to give people his bank details and say to make a deposit into his savings. What are your thoughts?

• Options

You hold babe with one hand arm round back and neck and hold his underarm then you can wash with other hand. Hair is washed first and dried while babe wrapped in towel so he doesn't get cold, then pop babe in bath x

• Options

no I don't think that's cheeky katt1906 x

• Options

Ava is 5 weeks and 9lb 15oz!!!

i use a bath chair in the big bath can get them in asda quite cheap and dead easy to manage on your own!

me and my oh have been arguing like crazy this week :( just feel like I am constantly horrible to him 

• Options

Thanks deblush. We were having tremendous projectile vomit until we started using the reflux milk but it doesn't seem to get rid of the other symptoms. We've tried infacol and gripe water and are now using colief which seems to be working a little bit. I think she also is having silent reflux which is making her gag and cough a lot. 

We've had a testing few days with my 3 year old's chicken pox, she has it really bad and 2 nights ago she didn't sleep at all and was rolling around screaming. It was horrendous! But she seems to be doing a little better now with the help of piriton and calpol. But scarlett now seems to have a bad cough and cold so it's all going on in this house! 

Happy Easter everyone! Enjoy your family time with you little ones. Xxx

• Options

Need some advice my baby has been very unsettled for 24 hours she seems warm I don't know if she's poorly.... She has got a lot of wind up so don't think it's that.... She's too young for Calpol

• Options

Has she got a temperature andreag1990? Is she feeding well? Call 111 if worried x

• Options

She's feeding fine, nothing puts her off her bottles.... She does have a temperature!! I called 111 last night the doc said just to keep a close eye on her and does t sound over worrying prob viral infection :( just wish she was her happy self again x

• Options

Bless her hope she better soon x

• Options

Andreag1990, how is Ava and what's her temp like now?

chelle22, how is the projectile vomming going? I had this with my second baby (it was come out of her nose too making her choke and gag - horrific) so I totally sympathise with you.

Hi everyone else too - we really hope you're ok. We have a newbie who's due in July who is also wondering about birth experiences and pain relief. Do come and check out her post and feel free to reply if you can offer any words of advice!

• Options

Evander has been showing signs of silent reflux and he has lots of gas. We are trying to avoid PPI medications until trying other things first. We began using gas drops, which seemed to help. We also began using probiotic drops, and ordered Hylands Nat Phos 6x tablets.  You should look them up online, read their reviews. These things are meant to help with digestion. I'll let everyone know if they work. 

As for his size.  At 6 weeks he was 24 inches long and weighed 13 and a half pounds.  He nurses every two hours (but if he's having silent reflux the milk acts as a acid neutralizer  so he'd want to eat more.  Plus the sucking moton helps his stomach too ). He gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm hoping the probiotic drops and nat phos tabs help and that he isn't gaining too much weight too fast ...

• Options

Have a poorly bubba at moment 😔  No temperature but very stuffy nose, not feeding well, crying a lot and lots of green poos 

• Options

Oh Mummy Tortoise, colds in babies are so difficult. We are living this now with a toddler, and sorry to say it doesn't get much easier! How are you treating Remzi?

• Options

Tried a nasal aspirator but that didn't work, so put him in the bathroom with me while I showered with windows closed to see if steam helped. He not quite as snuffly today, just lots of cuddles and lots of little feeds. I'm hoping once he feeding properly his poo will go back to normal think he having too much foremilk x