Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

We're on the infacol as well.

Patrick settles a bit if I put him in his rocker upright with the vibrate on or put a pillow under his Moses basket to raise him up.

My aunt said she used to put my cousin in the car seat when she was bad.

Health visitor says to sick to one method so perceiver with the infacol

• Options

imageLook at this wee cute face, can't believe she is one month old on Friday😊😊😊

• Options

Andreag, does she keep her legs tucked up quite a bit? If so, could be wind?

Jcdg, that is the best picture!

• Options

Andreag1990 I had exactly this Monday night from 10pm until yesterday 8pm. Scarlett would not settle anywhere and was crying on and off for 22 hours! I was absolutely exhausted and beside myself, she eventually settled in her rocker with us rocking her really fast. On the plus she slept really well last night, I hope she settles for you very soon and you get some sleep tonight. It's truly horrible! I gave scarlett some gripe water on it's own between feeds and also a sachet of colic powder, I massaged her stomach with some baby oil clockwise around her belly button and spent ages doing bicycle legs. After giving her the gripe water I patted her back and she burped straight away, I don't know if you've already tried these but hopefully something will work. Good luck! Xxx

• Options

I just wrote a whole message and it has disappeared!!

pretty much said thanks guys I will give some of the stuff a go!! Where do u buy gripe water?? I have a swing but not a chair that vibrates!! She seems to sleep in the car but I can't drive around all day and night!! i nearly cried when the leaflets said colic could last till 3 or 4 months!!!

Is is any of your babies extra hungry.... Ava can polish off a 4 ounce bottle then look for a top up within the hour... Is this normal for a 3 week old??

• Options

You can get gripe water in supermarket but think need to wait till 1 month.

Patrick is 5 weeks and has 6 x 5oz feeds. I keep thinking it must be too much but keep being told its ok and to feed on demand. Sometimes I need to give him 6oz.

My aunt didn't drive about all the time, just put her in the seat as it kept her upright.

I found Infacol helped within a few days but Patrick's problem is more trapped wind (I think).

• Options

Andreag she may not be hungry bless them they think they hungry when it's wind. I put Remzi on his baby gym to move his wind, plus tummy time. i used to give my first warm boiled water (as I find a cup of hot water good for wind). Really feel for these poor bubbas wind really crippled them with pain 😔

• Options

Jcdg - fab pic!

• Options

Grace is on 8 feeds of 5 f ozs in 24 hours she is a wee bin for 4 weeks old Ladies I can't tell you how great that Hipp organic food is Grace is doing the biggest burbs and farts I have ever heard. She has not cried once because of wind and I really do believe its the food cause my son was not like thst at all. Hope you all get some sleep tonight.x

• Options

imageimage

imagemy twins are 7wks old today, they both doing great. Baby william doing much better no more seizures, still on meds will be seen a neurologist on the 31st, baby Victor doing great. They sleep all night and all day just wakes up to eat at night and during the day they are awake for a pretty good time but still sleeps alot and i get to do things around the house and feed my other two kids. However, right now im going thru alot thinking into separate from husband its goin to be hard but its the best for the kids and myself. 

• Options

Babyhope16 lovely pics! so glad William is doing better. Sorry to hear you having a difficult time with your hubby, I'm sure whatever you decide will be right for you and your boys in the long run xx

• Options

How quickly do babies nails grow??? 5 weeks old and I've had to cut them twice?!!!

remzi actually slept in his pram for 3 hours last night 😀  I put a pillow in it and him on top, he looked so cosy and obviously felt it. Hoping this is a turning point for better nights sleep 🙏.

• Options

Mummytortoise I'm so nervous to cut Grace's nails I just keep putting mittins on her. Did you use baby scissors or clippers? Grace fell back asleep this morning for an extra 90 mins when i put her on a pillow as well, she did look supper cosy. They must like their comfort lol.x

• Options

I used clippers, tried to bite them but couldn't. I did it while he was asleep. I know bless them they know how to make sure they looked after in the manner they want to become accustomed to lol x

• Options

Hope all you mummy's and your little ones are well!

Sorry I haven't been on a lot I've had my hands well and truly full with my toddler and baby! 

Just thought I'd update! Eliza is 2 months old on Monday and she is doing really well. She was 10lb 1oz last time she was weighed over a week ago. I'm so happy she's putting on weight so well and we are still successfully breastfeeding!....yeah us image

I left her with daddy for the first time today whilst I had some mother daughter bonding time with my 9 year old at the cinema.

For all you mummies struggling with an unsettled little one. I bought Ewan the dream sheep when Eliza was 3 days old and it's the best thing I ever bought. He even puts me to sleep!

!image

• Options

Hi lovely mummies, we're just checking in to see how you're all doing? We hope those babies are letting you get some sleep and all is well? Do come and let us know and we'd dearly love to see some new piccies of your babies.

• Options

imageimage

Deblush i went out and bought a Ewan after your recommendation and they settle so much quicker so thank you! 

i can't believe my babies are 6 weeks tomorrow time has just flown! 

• Options

imageGrace just loves her little piggy, keeps her occupied when getting her nappy changed, thankyou😁image Loves getting out and about in her pram😴

• Options

Jcdg, you are more than welcome! And thank you so much for the picture!

Blurani, your girls are just wonderful!

While we are here, we've just started a thread (inspired by One Born Every Minute which is back on tonight!) about labour and giving birth - we're asking what one thing do you wish you'd known about labour and birth or what tips and advice would you pass on? Seeing as you've all been through it, do you fancy sharing? If so, please come and tell us ON THIS THREAD.

• Options

imageMy little thinker now weighs 8lbs 10.5oz he'll be 6 weeks on thursday. I ordered a Ewan dream sheep today which I'm hoping will settle remzi without needing to be cuddled all the time x