Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hi ladies, I cannot believe how fast our little ones are growing!  Evander is already outgrowing his 3 month old clothes and moving on to 3-6 months.  He grew 3 inches and 3 pounds in his first month, and that was 2 weeks ago. He already feels heavier. I'm still nursing, which I'm thankful for,  and recently began pumping to start building a supply in my freezer for when I have to go back to work. My husband gave our son a bottle for the first time (we used the MAM bottle we got from Made for Mums! He loves the pacifier and the bottle). He took to it just fine.  I cried while I watched them from the next room. He's getting so big and I was worried he wouldn't want to nurse after having a bottle. But I was wrong. He nursed at the end of the night at bedime. 

Has any one else introduced a bottle after nursing?  How did it go for you? 

• Options

I am bottle feeding but my sister in law is nursing and at 3 months my niece won't take a bottle or a dummy and feeds every 2 hours so I'm glad your wee one took the bottle as it's distressing to watch.

my son loves the mam dummies as the one in the bottle is for 0-2 months so I found them online and ordered another two. I also ordered 2 that are 0-6.

• Options

my niece and my son...my two favourite wee people!

• Options

im expressing and bottle feeding as my babies won't feed on me they latch fine but are too lazy to suck, they clearly prefer bottle as its less work, I'm kind of glad as Breast feeding twins would be hard work, bottle feeding means my husband and my mum can feed them too.Y best friend breast fed her son she never introduced a bottle and when she tried too he wouldn't take it meaning he came everywhere with her, he even came on my hen night so she could feed him so its good you have introduced a bottle and he's happy with both 

• Options

katt1906, you totally sound like you've come through the other side - how's your head doing?

Blurani, sounds like you are doing great juggling those girlies!

So how many of you girls have Ewan the dream sheep and how does it work?

• Options

I have Ewan and he's fab hes a cuddly toy sheep that plays soothing sounds like White noise, womb sounds or nursery music you can choose which one you want, you can also light him up with a red glow, both sound the light cuts off after 20 mins so dont have to worry about turning him off, his tail means you can tie him to the cot. both my girls have been wide awake after a night feed I put them in bed with ewan on and they are asleep in no time! 

• Options

I'm planning on moving Patrick to the crib at the weekend and start getting him to settle on his own so maybe I might get one of these sheeps as at the moment I hold him till he falls asleep and then put him in his Moses basket. Have to say he is settling better, just doesn't sleep more than 4 hours at night.

I'm getting there, a lot of the stress was down to the amount of throwing up he was doing at night time feeds but the infacol has helped and although it probably stimulates him, I found putting the tv on helped keep me calm and to ignore the time.

I still have wobbly moments but I've got a lot of family around who are all there to help. My husband's family are quite funny, they actually fight over who gets to hold him although I'm losing my patience with my mother in law who keeps picking him up when he's settled and asleep!

• Options

Never touch a sleeping baby!!!! Is she crazy!!!!

• Options

Grace goes down into her crib at night awake after a feed and if she seems a bit restless I put on the songs I used to play to her when she was in my tummy and she just stills right down and then goes over. I know how lucky I am with these little lady and thank God every day, the last time she cried was over 2 weeks ago when the HV was undressing her to get her weighed. She is by no means quite she makes little grunting noises when hungry and when she has wind but my goodness we are very lucky parents😊

• Options

Hi breastfeeding mums, are you able to help this newbie? She's breastfeeding her 11 week old, but her baby isn't making much weight gain, and she's concerned her milk supply might be low. If you have any wise words, we're sure she'd really appreciate them. Thank you!

• Options

Glad your Ewan is working out for your twins Bluerani, Eliza really does love hers. He even keeps her occupied in the day when I'm getting changed and washing up etc. He helps her feel like she's not alone.

Hopefaith...I had to introduce bottles at the start just every so often because she struggled to latch and it took forever to feed her and my toddler was getting annoyed. He just felt like I was holding her all the time. Giving her the occasional bottle helped free some of my time for him because it was honestly quicker to feed her with a bottle!

I chose Tommee Tippee bottles because the shape is a lot like the breast. She honestly doesn't get confused at all and she's 8 week now. She's actually started refusing a bottle half way through and wanting the breast now but that's just when I'm feeding her because she knows I've got the boobies!

Eliza did 7 hours last night but she won't sleep very much in the day because she thinks I will leave her or put her down. She just tries to fight sleep all day! 

• Options

How are people finding the support from husbands/partner.

my husband is a bit under the weather and stressed at work and feel he's overreacting to things.

I'm meeting a friend this evening and he went off on one when I asked if he could do the middle of the night feed (as he's off tomorrows)

Hes been getting 7 hours uninterrupted sleep a night, I'm getting by on two lots of 2.5. Ive tried to explain this whole sleep when the baby sleeps only works if he sleeps in his bed at the moment he only likes to sleep during the day in the pram or car seat.

I also haven't done the ironing and when he told me I should get my finger out I lost the plot at him!

• Options

Oh no katt1906. I'm very lucky hubby doesn't expect me to do anything other then look after our sons. He does housework on his day off. He is quite short tempered with our 5 year old though 😞.

had my 6 week check today and apparently there are 3 holes in my scar I thought there might be 1 but 3??? 😱. they've dressed them given me spares and asked me to come back next week. Feeling fed up 😔

• Options

Oh no mummy Tortoise, I hope your scar heals soon. You are lucky having a hubby who cleans!

• Options

I don't think men understand the lack of sleep thing Katt1906. That's one of the reasons I'm breastfeeding my fourth. He never did any night feeds and my nearly 3 year old only just this last few months started sleeping through. If you do it long enough you do get used to it though!

• Options

Katt1906 I'm so sorry your husband is being like this. I don't think my husband would live to tell the tale if he was like that! I don't think men actually understand what it's like looking after a newborn 24/7 on your own, even if they try to. 

Scarlett is 7 weeks old today and we've had reflux problems that the health visitor thinks may be a cows milk intolerance. We're seeing the doctor in a bit so hopefully will get a special formula for that. My 3 year old has woken up with chicken pox this morning so we're doing well in this house! With a 7 week old that cries every time she's put down and a poorly 3 year old that is feeling very sorry for herself it's been impossible to get anything done. Oh well, the housework will have to wait and luckily I have a husband that loves cooking. 

I hope everyone is surviving these early weeks and keeping their sanity, it can be really hard some days. Xxx

• Options

Katt1906 sorry your husband is being like that maybe he should take over from you for a day and see what it's really like. My husband is great but he looks after them every evening while I sleep.

Anyone elses baby going through a growth spurt, mine are and are constantly wanting fed its knackering! 

• Options

Eliza is 8wk and 4 dys old and 11lb4o now and she was 7lb 8oz at birth. She's getting to be a big girl now!

What's everyone else's babies weighing at and how many weeks?...for comparison! My 1st daughter was a lot bigger at this age. She was a crumper and so cute! I'm annoyed that I lost her red book so I can't compare :(

• Options

I went out last night from 5pm - 8pm and in that time baby boy went mental. He had a dirty nappy and while trying to change him he pee'd on the sofa then was so upset he was sick. Then he had to calm him down to try give him his bottle. Think that was an eye opener for him lol. He did the night feed too.

At 5 weeks my boy was 9lb 11oz . He's 7 weeks on Monday and think he must be another 2lb

• Options

Maybe that will make him realise how hard it can be katt1906 and he only did it for a few hours! 

Scarlett was weighed at 6 weeks 6 days and was 12lb 2oz so she's getting real big now. 

I went to the doctors yesterday about scarlett's reflux and feel like I shouldn't have bothered. She's given us gaviscon and when I asked her if we should use it with our reflux milk she said yes. I thought that was strange as gaviscon thickens the milk and the reflux milk is thicker already. I told her that Scarlett is constipated as well so putting 2 thicken in things together is surely going to make this worse? Reading the gaviscon leaflet when I got home it says not to use with a formula with thickening agents. Not sure what to do now as the doctor has not really helped us. The doctors and health visitors will all be closed today now too. I guess we'll have to muddle through until Tuesday and we can talk to someone. Has anybody else had reflux issues? Sorry for the long message but I needed to rant. 

Happy easter everyone! Xxx