Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Joseph has his first injections on Friday afternoon at 10+1 weeks... think they are running a bit behind in my area as they are normally earlier than that 

• Options

You all ready for it Purple Star? I know you've been through it with your daughter, so you know what to expect! How are things on the home front?

• Options

Me and babba in hospital, our second overnight stay.

All that coughing and congestion made drinking milk a massive challenge and breathing difficult. all i can say is thank god its was not on his chest other wise he wouldve been on antibiotics. Hearing him scream whilst the feeding tube was inserted up his nostrils was painful .... The quiver in his cry,made my tears run. Poor babba, so small but having to face such problems. 

babba had his bcg jab at six weeks:-(

• Options

Aw smiley :( hope little Adam gets better soon! poor little guy xx thinking of you both 

• Options

So sorry to hear Adam is unwell Smileyface, how you managing? They taking good care of him at the hospital?

• Options

Hi Smileyface, how's Adam? We hope you're home now?

Hi everyone else too, we just wanted to let you know about this thread incase you missed it - if you have children aged 4-7, we're looking for 20 children to try out some Lego for us. If you're interested, please click here for all the info.

• Options

Sorry to hear Adam is poorly. Hope he's better now and you are home again Smiley.

Joseph's injections went okay, he didn't mind needle 1 but by needle 3 he was really angry and upset. His thighs are both about 3 times the size they are normally but other than being a little more grizzly than usual he's been fine ever since. Gave the calpol at roughly the times they recommended so that probably helped a bit.

I don't have a child aged between 4-7 Danielle but I'd love to play with lego myself haha :)

• Options

Thank you  stubbornbrit, danielle and purplestar, Adam is doing well.

I wasnt sure whether they wanted to give him his vaccinations this morning or not.. But they have. Poor little mite three jabs in one day😒 Ive given him his calpol. There seems to be a lot more vaccinations given to babies than they did eight years ago.

• Options

I felt sorry for my little one when he had his. He didn't mind the 1st one too much but by the 3rd one he was so unhappy and was looking at me with such sad eyes poor little guy.

What are your babies sleeping in currently? Joseph is still in his moses basket but I'm not sure how much longer it'll last him!

• Options

Purple star... My baby sleeps with me in my bed.

• Options

Smiley my 1st baby spent alot of time in my bed too and my husband would go into spare room as he worried he'd squash her but the spare room is now my daughters room so I can't turf him out like I used to!

• Options

Hi ladies 

Smiley I hope Adam I'd okay. 

How is everyone getting on? I think Dulcie has had a growth spurt in this heat. She's now in her 3-6 clothes.

We've been so busy! Started baby massage classes and early days group and we're checking out a sensory group tomorrow. I recon she'll love that. I've also been doing a couple of mornings a week at work for last 3 weeks. Today was thr last day. I'm knackered! 

Is anyone else doing any groups?  We really enjoy them. 

Dulcie sleeps with me every Wednesday night when rob goes night fishing....I much prefer waking up to her face! Lol. 

She's a really good happy baby and I thunk myself lucky. I cant remember my life without her now! 

It's my birthday next week and I treated myself to a love create keep doll. It's a company that makes toys out of your babies clothes. So I've sent dulcies first baby grows and a dress to be made into a doll. They also embroide name and dob onto it. I cant wait to get it back. I'll post a pic when I do. Will take 6 weeks. Such a lovely way to keep their first little outfits :) x

• Options

Hey ladies!

so glad adam is doing better, smiley! 

Elliot sleeps in his crib- decided against getting a Moses this time as my boys previously lasted about 8 weeks as they're so long lol a crib should last longer hopefully! if he stirs and I'm not ready to get up I plop him next to me in bed which he loves lol and it buys me a couple more hours 😊

Elliot has his jabs next Wednesday! Bless him, will be taking my mum along for moral support haha

He has started properly smiling now and even has a chuckle from time to time- never at me though! Usually he's more entertained looking at the ceiling lol 

Aw that sounds like such a lovely keepsake, Dori! Happy birthday for next week! 

Time to change some nappies here! 💩💩 can't wait for sebastian to be potty trained lol 

Take care! X

• Options

Thank you ladies for all your kind words. X

Adam feeling much better now. Overall i had given him 4 dosages of Calpol which kept his temperature at bay.

I am wanting to go out of town shopping today but im not sure if im brave enough. I need to enquire and buy a log burner... Anyone on here have one? I could do with some advice.

i am looking forward to seeing the doll dori.? Such a fab idea. Happy brithday to u too. I havent been to any baby groups yet but i am looking forward to attending the baby massage group in a few weeks.

purple star... With my other children that had slept with me i would always have baby on one side and my oh on the far side. However just like yourself ive thrown him out of my bedroom this time round as hes no longer a light sleeper And i'd rather have all that extra space just for baby and me.😊

Stubborn brit, adam loves the light and the clock. Hes started to smile at us and have goo gah conversations with us. HIs older siblings are besotted with him.

i believe buying a moses basket was a waste of money as he hardly used it. the cotbed hasnt been touched either But i am determined to make use of that.

Anyway hope u all have a fab weekend ladies.

• Options

We've used the moses alot as it gives me somewhere to put Joseph down safely without worrying his sister is going to sit on him! 

We've started swimming lessons and baby sensory with Joseph. His swimming lessons are with waterbabies but they've just increased prices again and I can't justify it with two little ones anymore do we are going to stop both of their lessons after this term (bit sad as my daughter has been going for almost 2 years).

Swimming Joe started aged 7 weeks and baby sensory at 10 weeks. He's a bit little for it really at the moment but it's a reason to get out of the house and I get some one on one time with him :) 

• Options

Hi everyone, how are those babies of yours treating you? We hope all is well and you're getting some sleep?

We wanted to let you know about two threads we have running today.
    The first is your chosen baby name - did you reveal it before you had your baby? Please do come and let us know on this new thread here.

The second thread is about Father’s Day - we’re wondering if you’ve done anything special in the past (or if this is your first Father’s Day) or if you have something lovely planned? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here.

Thanks everyone!

• Options

Ps we were wondering did your baby bibs arrive safe and sound?

• Options

Sorry Danielle.  Yes we received our bib safely :) 

• Options

Thanks for letting us know Purple Star!

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope all is well and your babies are good - please do come and let us know won't you?

We have a question for you too...we were wondering, did you wash your babies clothes before they wore them for the first time? We're having a bit of a chat about it in the MFM office and would love to hear what you think over on this new thread!